Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the first one the first time. It looked amazing for the hardware of the time and it was a really good ride. It wasn't until I tried to replay it when it was released again on PS4 did I start to struggle to keep motivated with the lack of actual game when I knew everything that would happen story wise. Then I got really pumped for Uncharted 4, and while it was a stunning game I never really got the hype. I just felt like a passenger to a story where I occasionally got to control some walking, shooting and climbing. This killed my anticipation for TLOU 2. I know it's a pretty uncommon opinion though as everyone else seems pretty keen.

It's for this reason that I didn't like Uncharted 4. Didn't make it through the whole game, and ended up giving it to my nephew, who also didn't finish it. :(

Beat me to it ^.

I was holding out one last iota of hope this pandemic wouldn't affect games. I felt like they were even the one artistic medium that could benefit from this. Oh well. :(

Unrelated, but still hoping for a good Covid-19 PSN sale at some point.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Noughty Dog statement:

As you’ve likely just seen, the release of The Last Of Us Part II has been delayed. We’re sure the news is just as disappointing to you as it is to us. We wanted to reach out to all of you in our community to give you a little more information.

The good news is, we’re nearly done with development of The Last Of Us Part II. We are in the midst of fixing our final bugs.

However, even with us finishing the game, we were faced with the reality that due to logistics beyond our control, we couldn’t launch The Last Of Us Part II to our satisfaction. We want to make sure everyone gets to play The Last Of Us Part II around the same time, ensuring that we’re doing everything possible to preserve the best experience for everyone. This meant delaying the game until such a time where we can solve these logistic issues.

We were bummed about this decision but ultimately understood it’s what’s best and fair to all players. We’re hoping that this won’t be a long delay and we’ll update you as soon as we have more information to share.

We wish you all, your families and your friends the best of health. Thank you for being amazing fans and your continued support.

Stay Safe!

-Naughty Dog

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I heard the ps5 will also be delayed. Not that it had a official date but I guess that means it may not come out this year.

There are currently no delays to any hardware manufacturer. At this stage all the semi conductor companies like Samsung and TSMC and suppliers are full steam ahead for anything originally planned for Q4. Consumer hardware will probably come out roughly on time, only thing that could hold up the next consoles would be software if very few developers can get their games out on time.

Reckon they haven’t finished the game
They literally said they haven't.

In all reality it's a move they have to make. We can selfishly think that there would be no difference releasing it next month but you have to remember that every part of the world currently has different laws and restrictions. There's also the strong possibility, that America will end up on full lockdown soon enough. That could potentially kill walk up sales and sales in general.

This is risk mitigation, not a usual game delay.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
They literally said they haven't.

In all reality it's a move they have to make. We can selfishly think that there would be no difference releasing it next month or in the next few but you have to remember that every part of the world currently has different laws and restrictions. There's also the strong possibility, that America will end up on full lockdown soon enough. That could potentially kill walk up sales.

This is risk mitigation, not a usual game delay.

I wonder if this will be the thing that kills physical-copy gaming? Digital downloads are low-to-no-risk (besides credit card fraud and other hackwork) and this might be a completely digital release when it comes out.

I wonder if this will be the thing that kills physical-copy gaming? Digital downloads are low-to-no-risk (besides credit card fraud and other hackwork) and this might be a completely digital release when it comes out.

As a consumer, that only sounds appealing if they AU PSN store drops its retail price. Physical copies a boon for day-one gamers.

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
As a consumer, that only sounds appealing if they AU PSN store drops its retail price. Physical copies a boon for day-one gamers.

This. X 1000

Why would i pay $99.95 for a game digitally when i can buy a physical copy for $64-$79? I can then trade it in after i'm done with it for up to $35, meaning i've only paid 30-40 odd dollars for that experience

Much better value for money, so RRP would need to drop to go fully digital IMO. I have good net too, so download speeds aren't an issue for me

They also need bigger HD's....XB Series X is reported to only have 1, maybe 2 TB. Needs to be 4TB + these days

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
This. X 1000

Why would i pay $99.95 for a game digitally when i can buy a physical copy for $64-$79? I can then trade it in after i'm done with it for up to $35, meaning i've only paid 30-40 odd dollars for that experience

Much better value for money, so RRP would need to drop to go fully digital IMO. I have good net too, so download speeds aren't an issue for me

They also need bigger HD's....XB Series X is reported to only have 1, maybe 2 TB. Needs to be 4TB + these days
The price of a 2+TB SSD would price so many people out of buying the console thats why they are both going with 1TB. MS using a proprietary drive will suck because those prices will be crazy for most of the gen.
At least the PS5 will let you use any drive for extended storage. just means you might need to copy and move games to the SSD all the time.

But im another one who doesnt like going digital when i can drive 5 mins or get it posted out and save $30-$40. and i actually have the physical ownership.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Everyone will grab expansion down the track. Xbox proprietary storage expansion is just for the nvme and the PS5 version won't be a free for all. The drives will still have to certified and as of right now the only ones compatible aren't even readily available. Both companies are gearing up for a fully digital future. It's just harder to realise in Australia because of the state of our network.

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Devastated. I've genuinely never been more hyped for a game. And the May release date was perfect timing for me, in terms of having plenty of time to play. Fml

catters_28

Club Legend
May 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Hopefully it will now launch with multiplayer.

It won't, I don't even think they've done any work on multiplayer at all. Unfortunate as the multiplayer on the original was great.

Anyway if anyone needs a fix of the Last of Us I recommend the Left Behind dlc. It's very slow paced but it's a nice story.

Back