Mega Thread The Latest Kim Duthie Episode

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim’s making claims this evening of requiring a hysterectomy next week which will be an interesting turn of events for her social media persona over coming weeks during “recovery” .

Hysterectomy on Wednesday it is claimed and now back to “work” at her “own business”, the eyelash palace, claiming a full book of appointments and 12 hour day starting Friday, 48 hours later !!

make of that what you will in the context of the other posts by people in this thread.

She has secondary cancer now?
That's tough break
I have seen her instagram updates and I'm pretty certain that if you're about to go into the operating room and you're going to have general anaesthetic....your face can't be covered in make up.

Everything about this looks suss.

Last edited:

The 27-year-old, who last year revealed she had been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cervical cancer, took to Instagram yesterday to post photos of herself in hospital again.

“Not where I wanted to be today … still in shock but I’m staying positive,” she wrote from her hospital bed yesterday, in clothes ready for surgery.

“I’ve been quiet about this but I’m devastated. When I was under last week during surgery, they found a rare tumour completely unrelated and I have been diagnosed with cancer again.”

Ms Ametoglou was on her way into surgery where a doctor was going to “mark up margins and measure the size of the cancerous mass”.

Ms Ametoglou thanked her 66,000 followers and said she’d “see them all once she’s out”.

The 27-year-old has had a run of bad health since she took to Instagram last year to reveal her cancer diagnosis.

“As most of you know by now I am battling aggressive cervical cancer,” she wrote, in a post from March last year.

“My beautiful parents have set up a GoFundMe page to support me during my treatment.

“I just want to thank everyone for the beautiful calls, messages and comments following yesterday’s news. You are all so selfless and kind hearted with the offers of help I am receiving.

“Honestly taken back (sic) by how much I mean to you all. This is life changing and if I make it out alive I will view the world completely differently.

“There is so much love and compassion out there that gets often blinded by the bad chaos in the world.”

Ms Ametoglou underwent “major surgery” because of her cancer last year.

“That’s a massive thing for me, but hopefully that will mean that I’ll be in full remission,” she said.

“I’m still taking oral chemotherapy but I’ve stopped taking my IV. So hopefully after some radiation and this operation I should be in remission.

“Other than that I’m doing really well mentally and I’ve found really good coping mechanisms to deal with my cancer.”

What annoys me is you or I get cancer and a gofundme goes nowhere

Insta thot gets it and thousands donate.

What a society we're turning into. I wouldn't expect strangers to donate to me anyway but christ our priorities are wrong as a whole. She flashes material bullshit on IG all day, let her sort it out. Donate your money to the Smith Family, or Ronald McDonald House or something over her surely?

It’s the interesting use of quotation marks in this story.

Being used for direct quotes is of course normal. But you can almost see an underlying questioning of the story by the writer.

“Major surgery”

“mark up margins and measure the size of the cancerous mass”

One wonders if a Belle Gibsonesque moment is afoot.

Media Build the story up in then knowledge it’s false so the storm surrounding the “fall” is far more news worthy.

What annoys me is you or I get cancer and a gofundme goes nowhere

Insta thot gets it and thousands donate.

What a society we're turning into. I wouldn't expect strangers to donate to me anyway but christ our priorities are wrong as a whole. She flashes material bullshit on IG all day, let her sort it out. Donate your money to the Smith Family, or Ronald McDonald House or something over her surely?

This is not another Belle Gibson case.

She has a young child to take care of, show some heart and basic human decency you flog.

Do you know how expensive cancer treatment is ?

She has a young child to take care of, show some heart and basic human decency you flog.

Not covered by public health?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most cancer treatments cost between $5k to $10k out of pocket.

However I know enough to know that if you have a quick look into this this story there are enough red flags to question its validity

Not covered by public health?
the % depends on the type of cancer

Pretty sure something like 90% of lung cancer costs are covered by medicare but at the other end prostate cancer only has about 40% of the costs covered.

No idea for her exact cancer (if she has cancer) though

I have seen her instagram updates and I'm pretty certain that if you're about to go into the operating room and you're going to have general anaesthetic....your face can't be covered in make up.

You are correct with this, foundation and mascara will mask the natural skin colour and stop them from being able to see signs that the person is handling the surgery whilst under G.A..

The picture she has looks suss as all *

Pretty sure something like 90% of lung cancer costs are covered by medicare but at the other end prostate cancer only has about 40% of the costs covered.

I won't go into detail, because there are obviously a million variables, but cancer treatment (whether consultations, surgery, chemo, radio etc) in a public hospital will majority be covered by Medicare. Certainly never in the realm of only 40% coverage.

The issue for people undergoing treatment, or recovering from major surgery (or, both), is that they can't work or they can only work very reduced hours. They have ups and downs, which means they can't set a working routine in stone. So whilst there may be out of pocket expenses of a couple of thousand dollars related to their cancer treatment, if they can't work, especially if they're self employed, then they don't have the necessary cash flow to cover daily expenses.

Sorry lady, don't believe you

Even if i did believe her, she could have raised the money she needed ( assuming public health ) by downgrading her first class tickets.
Why did she deserve to be funded ahead of all the others with cancer?

This already weird saga would take a very interesting path if Kim was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back