The Laver Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Team world are in front. yay, go us. Good chance to win it I think.

First time I have watched it. Must admit...I enjoyed it. Players are really into it as well. Good to have Todd back commentating on the tennis as well.
Should have got Mark Nicholas or Chappelli hosting.

I mentioned in this thread a few years back that the dark court is great. Easy to see the lines and ball. Wish they would use it more in tournaments, especially grand slams, but would never happen in Oz. Imagine playing in 35 degree heat on that thing!

Should have got Mark Nicholas or Chappelli hosting.

I mentioned in this thread a few years back that the dark court is great. Easy to see the lines and ball. Wish they would use it more in tournaments, especially grand slams, but would never happen in Oz. Imagine playing in 35 degree heat on that thing!
Todd did fine hosting and agree with the black. Nice call in indoor arenas.

Fritz gets his biggest win in his career and beats "why did Europe play him" Thiem in 3.

Todd did fine hosting and agree with the black. Nice call in indoor arenas.

Fritz gets his biggest win in his career and beats "why did Europe play him" Thiem in 3.
That Thiem - Fritz game was pretty damn good just then. You can tell the players are treating it more than just an exhibition tournament. It's no old school Davis Cup, but its not bad.

Nick K coaching Sock/Isner and I quote

"You got this, Stay positive out there. No negative thoughts, no negative vibes. "

This seems ironic coming from Nick haha.
I saw that as well. I’m not sure how any of the other team world players could have taken that seriously.

Stan Sport has the rights to this.

Confirmed to take part in the tournament for Team Europe include: Daniil Medvedev (World No. 2, Russia), Stefanos Tsitspas (World No. 3, Greece), Alexander Zverev (World No. 4, Germany), Andrey Rublev (World No. 7, Russia), Matteo Berrettini (World No. 8, Italy) and Casper Ruud (World No. 11, Norway).

Team World, who will be aiming to win the Laver Cup for the first time ever, will feature Nick Kyrgios (World No. 86, Australia), Denis Shapovalov (World No. 10, Canada), Diego Schwartzman (World No. 14, Argentina), Felix Auger-Aliassime (World No. 15, Canada), John Isner (World No. 22, USA) and Reilly Opelka (World No. 24, USA).

I wonder how much interest Laver Cup gains in US and Europe, it doesnt sound that exciting.

Id rather watch Davis Cup

Wrong time this year. Everyone is exhausted. Literally been FO, Wimbledon, Olympics, US Open straight after each other. This would work better next year

i think Boston was the only place in the world that really cared. In saying that, Zvevev made things awkward. Something needs to be done there for the good of the game and Zvevev. an actual investigation. anyway, that is another topic.

Think they need to make Russia a world country. Teams are so unbalanced. oh well, they just have to hope FAA and Sharpo become very good.

Nadal has already teased that he would like to team up with Federer for next year.

i think Boston was the only place in the world that really cared. In saying that, Zvevev made things awkward. Something needs to be done there for the good of the game and Zvevev. an actual investigation. anyway, that is another topic.

Think they need to make Russia a world country. Teams are so unbalanced. oh well, they just have to hope FAA and Sharpo become very good.

Nadal has already teased that he would like to team up with Federer for next year.

Should I ask what Muglev did this time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, Opleka lol.... Fair call

I don't know how the ATP can do much. It's a crappy situation but if there's no charges laid, I'm not sure what they are meant to do.

I hate Zverev and think there is something seriously off with him (some of his comments about it have been insane and make you think he probablydid do it). But all of this is just attention seeking from Ben. He's also a knob

I saw a replay of this tournament on the TV in a bar I was drinking at here in eastern Europe tonight.

Somehow I had never heard of the tournament.

The dark court stood out to me, at first I thought it must have been due to some kind of editing.

Next time this is on I will be tuning in.

Right now I don't see how 'team world' can win, Europe is stacked.

But you never know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back