Unsolved The Lead Masks Case

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 11, 2011
The Mount
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Test Cricket, Collingwood, WPFC
Hi guys, I searched unsuccessfully so if this has been done just delete obviously.

This is one stinky case. Unfortunately this one has been ensconced in conspiracy and paranormal theories but at the root of the case is an absolutely fascinating unsolved crime.

August 17 1966 two TV repairmen left their home town Campos dos Goytacazes in Brazil to collect "work supplies" and a vehicle, leaving with the cash for the purchase.

They were seen buying a bottle of water off a waitress at a bar, who noted one of the men seemed extremely nervous, checking his watch, as if time was of the essence.

Three days later they were found dead, wearing lead eye masks and wearing coats, such as those you would wear to avoid radiation. Also found was the empty bottle of water, two towels and a notepad, on it written;

"16:30 be at agreed place, 18:30 swallow capsules, after effect protect metals wait for mask signal.”

Their cash was not found and toxicology reports were not carried out due to the bodies not being preserved.

No radiation was detected in the area, although the grass in the specific area they were laying took years to grow back. This may have been due to chemicals used in the investigation.

Still to this day this is a complete mystery.

Something about this gives me the chills.

I couldn't find a Wikipedia page on this but there's a plethora of nutty websites out there about this case. Unfortunately most of it is from UFO nutters.

http://www.crimecasefiles.com/news/8/91/Lead-Masks-Case

Well apparently the men were heavily into UFO and cospiracy theories.

What I believe may have happened, is that they have made contact with someone who prayed on their intense beliefs and gullibility.

I think someone has convinced them that they could be a part of some event or contact with ET, given them instructions including location, time and what to do and expect. They may have been given the capsules (some kind of poison) and been told this will help or intiate the "contact".

I reckon the masks and suits (the masks were hand made by the men in their workshop) were just a part of creating the realism of it for them. They were probably told they would be required to avoid radiation from the "contact". This also covered their eyes so they couldn't see what was happening around them.

The pills have kicked in, they've collapsed, the money has been stolen and the rest is history.

Still though, that seems pretty elaborate for what I could only assume was a small amount of cash.

What do you think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back