Preview The leadership vote

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's already demonstrated his leadership during this pre-season, and would not be surprised or upset if he went straight into the leadership group.
I wouldn’t be upset but I would prefer Howe in there, just responding to previous post.

The only input you have had in this thread on who deserves to be captain, is shitting on other's opinions. Yet mine is the "worst argument ever". Until you throw your own hat in the ring, you're just cosplaying Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.

Yours is the only post I have responded to, including elaborating why I felt that way, so not sure where your claim comes from that I’m shitting on everyone.

I thought your story had no relevance to the captaincy battle. Others have agreed with me.

I don’t expect you to agree with me but not sure why you have seemingly taken offence and have resorted to petty insults.

Yours is the only post I have responded to, including elaborating why I felt that way, so not sure where your claim comes from that I’m shitting on everyone.

I thought your story had no relevance to the captaincy battle. Others have agreed with me.

I don’t expect you to agree with me but not sure why you have seemingly taken offence and have resorted to petty insults.
Pragmatic Shill disagreed with me, as I'm sure many did, but at least they had the decency to explain why. Your response was the lazy and snide "Worst argument ever".

I've been here for a long time and am used to it but imagine what it's like for a new poster who's debating with themselves whether to put out their opinion on this board. It's no wonder that the number of new faces on here with new insights is dwindling, when taking the time to post your story gets met with a dismissive response like that.

Pragmatic Shill disagreed with me, as I'm sure many did, but at least they had the decency to explain why. Your response was the lazy and snide "Worst argument ever".

I've been here for a long time and am used to it but imagine what it's like for a new poster who's debating with themselves whether to put out their opinion on this board. It's no wonder that the number of new faces on here with new insights is dwindling, when taking the time to post your story gets met with a dismissive response like that.

You’re overreacting still. Now rabbitting on about further irrelevances eg what the newbies think. Maybe letting it go through to the keeper would have been a better response if that’s what you’re really worried about.

It was definitely a lazy reply by me… guilty as charged… that happens especially in the off-season. But I expalaiend my reasoning in follow up posts. Not every post needs to be a PhD submission. It’s on you if you think it was snide or insulting.

Poor form Timmy. He had every right to be offended.

Who is it?
Will newbies be introduced to the leadership group that haven't been there? Or stick to the status quo?
WHo will be the vice?

It will likely be decided tonight, but probably not announced until they return to training on Monday.
Pendles will always be the captain until he retires in my opinion.

Organize Black Cat GIF by Industrial Workers of the World

Adams being nice to fans over the fence is a ridiculous measure of his leadership abilities. Thanks for your contribution though.

I won’t post more on this.
I like you Timmy but it was a poor response. Agree we should move on.

Darcy will be a great captain.

He has only been here 5 minutes but Titch should be in the leadership group and maybe a touch early but I'd put Nick Daicos in there as well. Moore (C).
Nick has already shown leadership qualities but I reckon elevating him so quickly puts some pressure on him and maybe does not reward some of the others who have been toiling away in the background for years. As an official leader he would be giving years to most he looks to provide direction to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im happy with Moore. Seems the best option.

In an ideal world, I would have like to see Grundy to mature, come out of his shell, be a bit less shy and become captain. I agree he wasn't the best option for captain because he held back a bit as he didnt want to be a footy-head, which I think was a mistake and immaturity on his part. As I saw it his leadership potential had a higher ceiling than anyone else due to his on-field position, game style, intelligence etc

Im happy with Moore. Seems the best option.

In an ideal world, I would have like to see Grundy to mature, come out of his shell, be a bit less shy and become captain. I agree he wasn't the best option for captain because he held back a bit as he didnt want to be a footy-head, which I think was a mistake and immaturity on his part. As I saw it his leadership potential had a higher ceiling than anyone else due to his on-field position, game style, intelligence etc
Moore's not a footy head either, but you don't have to be. As long as you are passionate about what you do and what to get the best out of yourself. Those like Moore, Grundy, Phillips, are a bit different. Footy can't be everything otherwise you'd go crazy. It mentally burns you out, it has some others.

Moore's not a footy head either, but you don't have to be. As long as you are passionate about what you do and what to get the best out of yourself. Those like Moore, Grundy, Phillips, are a bit different. Footy can't be everything otherwise you'd go crazy. It mentally burns you out, it has some others.
Yes, I agree that one doesnt have to be a footy head. In fact its not my preference that a captain is like that, so Im happy with Moore.

For me however, I got the feeling that Grundy was careful to not get too involved with all aspects of footy, fearing it would be too much. While I agree with that impulse, I felt that he had leadership potential and actually he could have handled it if he took on such a role. I dont think he would have got overtaken by football in the way that he feared. For example, he is studying an MBA - being a captain actually has a lot to do with people management and he would have found it to be complimentary.

Yes, I agree that one doesnt have to be a footy head. In fact its not my preference that a captain is like that, so Im happy with Moore.

For me however, I got the feeling that Grundy was careful to not get too involved with all aspects of footy, fearing it would be too much. While I agree with that impulse, I felt that he had leadership potential and actually he could have handled it if he took on such a role. I dont think he would have got overtaken by football in the way that he feared. For example, he is studying an MBA - being a captain actually has a lot to do with people management and he would have found it to be complimentary.
He was in the leadership group, so clearly there was leadership tendacies there.

I have never seen Grundy as shy. I reckon he cultivates the type of personality he wants to be and enjoys presenting himself as someone that likes study and other off-field pursuits. Moore is doing Masters of International Relations as a 2nd degree but does not promote this. Brodie has always wanted to be seen as someone prospering in the academic field and loves the idea that people see that footy is not the centre of his life. I also think I heard him some years back saying that captaincy/leadership was not really his cup of tea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back