Preview The leadership vote

Remove this Banner Ad

CEO update email says the new captain will be announced “in the coming weeks”.

Uuuugggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

CEO update email says the new captain will be announced “in the coming weeks”.

Uuuugggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

I hope it’s not because the new CEO is interfering. That’s a concern I have with Kelly. He’s used to running his own show, and now he’s part of a team even if he’s one at the top of the hierarchy.

I may be a bit paranoid…

From the email:

“With our longest-serving Captain Scott Pendlebury announcing late last year that he would relinquish the role, a process was put in place – and is underway – to identify our Club’s next Men’s leader with an announcement to be made in the coming weeks.”

I’m guessing they will delay announcing till after Kelly starts his role as CEO. Below is also from email:

“I am pleased to announce we have appointed Craig ‘Ned’ Kelly as our Club’s Chief Executive Officer and who commences in the role on Monday, February 20.”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope it’s not because the new CEO is interfering. That’s a concern I have with Kelly. He’s used to running his own show, and now he’s part of a team even if he’s one at the top of the hierarchy.

I may be a bit paranoid…

I’m choosing to be furious with him.

I may be a bit paranoid…
I think it's more likely that our new head of media wants to have space between the CEO and captaincy announcements. Give both clean air in the news cycle.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I may be a bit paranoid…
Love you VP but you are over thinking this.
Kelly will be excellent.

I may be a bit paranoid…
Strap in, reckon we've just made the best non footy department move since Eddie was first elected as president.
Huge for our club imo.
Welcome back 'Ned'.

Last edited:
Moore is coming.

Happy He Man GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may be a bit paranoid…

You a bit sad that another ceo role has gone to a member of the AFL Boys’ Club?

Maybe a more likely explanation is that the captaincy needs to be ticked off at the next board meeting?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mitchell is a natural leader but he needs a year on the list, Howe in for me, Darcy for the main gig.
I can’t say I know much about Mitchell, however, if he was a leader, would the Hawks have been keen to trade him?

That club is severely limited when it comes to leadership.

Yes, as most of your post was referring to an anecdote. A nice family story all the same but completely irrelevant to the selection of a new captain.
I think you’re being a little harsh. We know Adams is a leader. Whether it be the way he conducts himself on the field, backing the club at all costs when interviewed, served time as a VC, and as a representative of the club, you want your leaders to give time to the young fans out there.

Obviously it’s not the primary measure of a captain, but I’m sure the comment of him making a good captain was solely based on the time he gives to fans.

Personally, I think Adams is a better VC than a captain. Only on the basis that he seems very intense and I’m unsure whether he has that more nurturing characteristic that’s probably needed these days with young players. Also, he seems to be in and out with injury and at his age, I’m not so sure it will improve all that much.

Having said all this, I don’t know the guy. My perception could be completely off.

The fact that they are taking this long to appoint a new captain suggests the decision is not that clear cut. Most people in here are confident that Moore is going to be the next captain. If it was that clear cut then he would have been named already. I think it's line ball between Moore, Adams, and Howe.

The fact that they are taking this long to appoint a new captain suggests the decision is not that clear cut. Most people in here are confident that Moore is going to be the next captain. If it was that clear cut then he would have been named already. I think it's line ball between Moore, Adams, and Howe.
Maynard as well.

Maynard as well.
Of all oppo supporters I know , especially my mainly Bomber friends/foes and family. Faaark. “ What we would give to have him at our club , absolute beast of a player who imposes himself on the game , and into the heads of his opponents, by his sheer will and determination to not let anyone get in his way of what he seeks to do”. On field leader who dares to tread where others fear , absolutely. Is it enough to get the tick of approval from the board , as in, does he speak well enough according to sponsors and media. ? Not sure the powers that be think so. for me. I would be happy to follow Bruzzy , he will always have your back , and expects nothing less in return. That’s the standard. One in , All in .

Of all oppo supporters I know , especially my mainly Bomber friends/foes and family. Faaark. “ What we would give to have him at our club , absolute beast of a player who imposes himself on the game , and into the heads of his opponents, by his sheer will and determination to not let anyone get in his way of what he seeks to do”. On field leader who dares to tread where others fear , absolutely. Is it enough to get the tick of approval from the board , as in, does he speak well enough according to sponsors and media. ? Not sure the powers that be think so. for me. I would be happy to follow Bruzzy , he will always have your back , and expects nothing less in return. That’s the standard. One in , All in .
Good post mate. Maynard is a real hardnut. Some of the things he did last year are forever etched in my memory.
Personally I'd like him as Captain or perhaps Moore as my second choice.
Not so much Adams. Often injured and woeful disposal.

It shouldn’t be a popularity contest. The coaches should pick the player they believe will extract the best out of himself and his team mates. Someone to drive the culture and lead by example game day.

Crisp for me is the perfect candidate!

The Age has reported that the vote has to be ticked of by the board, which is happening this week. So hopefully we will have an answer soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230131_145359_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230131_145359_Chrome.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 42
Nope, it’s just about timing.

Awaiting board approval then the right time to announce. The decision effectively is already made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back