Preview The leadership vote

Remove this Banner Ad

Fresh Captain, Fresh Coach, Fresh President, Fresh CEO.
Unbelievable how quickly things turn for the better.
Special mention to Graham Wright.
Whispering Nick is ours, he is the epitome of Fresh.
Juggernaut coming soon.

It will be interesting to see how the dynamics are going to work between Moore and Howe. Howe is already a general in the backline. Now that Moore is captain, how is that going to work out?

It will be interesting to see how the dynamics are going to work between Moore and Howe. Howe is already a general in the backline. Now that Moore is captain, how is that going to work out?

I don't think it needs too much thought.

Prior to last season I've always felt Moore played with a lack of emotion and his somewhat cool almost robotic demeanour didn't make him Captain material.

Where was the fire in the belly?

He pleasantly surprised me last year when he showed some genuine passion and that he cared about the result.

Of course last year was an extraordinary ride as we all know and it would have been impossible for any Collingwood player, coach, official or fan to not get caught up in all the emotion.

The challenge now for Moore is to make sure he doesn't retreat from that more extroverted version of himself this season and beyond when leading his teammates as Captain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles does not epitomize the “hard head”, you want in a Captain, like Crisp and especially Maynard do.
It’s the ability to think clearly/creatively eg Ess game where he took the kick out, that is a standout quality of a great Captain.
Brains will always out do brawn in clutch moments.

Just because he isn’t doesn’t mean he isn’t.
On field our 2023 team is full of leadership & I don't think we need to put too much emphasis on captain or vices then. Off field is where this leadership group is more significant.

Awesome for Moore & Pies, certainly no surprise.

I got that text and unexpectedly burst into (happy) tears in my office 🤣

Absolutely bloody stoked with this, perfect appointment, I’m very proud to stand behind this Captain.
Unfortunately only one other person in my office understood why I was smiling like an idiot

Future leaders after the current group.

Nick, Bruzz and IQ not necessarily in that order. All three are good leaders already even if 2 are young and inexperienced. As Howe and Taylor soon retire I can see these 3 being behind Darcy as the leaders.

Great choice by the playing group to pick Darcy as the captain.I think it was time for a generational change,and he was really the obvious choice in that generation.

Interesting to hear also on the news tonight that Howe came second in the vote.He’s obviously very popular with the playing group,but it probably wouldn’t have been wise to install a player of his age as the next captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back