Society/Culture The left do not represent the poor anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you explain why we have had previous waves of immigrants who come out with nothing but a strong work ethic that they pass on to their kids who went on to be successful?

Some have and Some have not. Generation ago things were more fluid than there are now.

Jewish and Asian migrants have done amazingly well .

Anyone born in this country who makes good life choices and works hard can make a good income.

Based on what? you have some statistics that prove that? You have measured everyone in the countries's live choices and how hard they worked? Define Good income.

Some have and Some have not. Generation ago things were more fluid than there are now.

Based on what? you have some statistics that prove that? You have measured everyone in the countries's live choices and how hard they worked? Define Good income.

How about you finaly reveal who these hard working people are that dont have money?

People who don't have much money just make bad choices such as wasting there education.

My dad has had to fire so many lazy people, some cant go 1 week without taking a sick day. No employer is going to pay these people good money. On the other hand people who work hard for him sre on 6 figure salaries.

But doesn't the market of supply and demand determine wages? Or are you changing your story?

Anyway it simply doesn't make sense. It's a tax of profits. Wages are not taxed. Workers do work X it generates profit. If they cut back on wages surely thus get worse workers wont there profits also decline? How does cutting back on wages increase profits?

If you make businesses poorer than you decrease the demand for workers .

You have obviously never had to pay wages or run a business ever .

Small and medium size business do not have a steady cash flow , they often go through periods where they don't make enough revenue to cover expenses and have to go into their savings to pay wages which comes from profits .

Large businesses will just simply take capital out of Australia and invest it in other countries were taxes are lower .

And yet this is the result. How it a valid comparison to schools with much less resources that have to accept all comers?

Why should the Australian public devote further resources to such a school? Any money spent is going have marginal impact which could have a greater impact elsewhere.

Bill shorten answered the question about private school funding well .

" Parents who send their children to private schools are entitled to have some of the money they pay in taxes spent on their child's education "

If you care about quality education and want a balanced budget why would you punish parents who on top of paying taxes invest additional money in their child's education and saving the taxpayer money while rewarding parents who spend nothing on their child's education and cost the tax payer significant amounts of money ?

Can you explain why we have had previous waves of immigrants who come out with nothing but a strong work ethic that they pass on to their kids who went on to be successful?

Jewish and Asian migrants have done amazingly well .

Anyone born in this country who makes good life choices and works hard can make a good income.
You have the most simplistic worldview I have encountered on these forums.

Even talking about how well 'Asians' are doing shows how simplistic you look at things.

Bill shorten answered the question about private school funding well .

" Parents who send their children to private schools are entitled to have some of the money they pay in taxes spent on their child's education "

If you care about quality education and want a balanced budget why would you punish parents who on top of paying taxes invest additional money in their child's education and saving the taxpayer money while rewarding parents who spend nothing on their child's education and cost the tax payer significant amounts of money ?

Yeah, I used to be against government funding for private schools and private healthcare, but you've convinced me of the logic of doing this. I don't agree with s**t like Foxtel getting $30 million from the government, though. Pay TV isn't as important as healthcare and education is. I do agree that parents who invest more in their children's future should be rewarded for that.

How about you finaly reveal who these hard working people are that dont have money?

People who don't have much money just make bad choices such as wasting there education.

My dad has had to fire so many lazy people, some cant go 1 week without taking a sick day. No employer is going to pay these people good money. On the other hand people who work hard for him sre on 6 figure salaries.

What the actual *?? Explain this please.

The better the choices you make the more money you make .

Do well at school , study something that pays well , get a job and work hard . Simple really .

That's true if you live somewhere where there's opportunities, but to be fair I understand the argument that you could just move if your location is economically dead. As for doing well, unfortunately parents have a lot of influence. If your parents don't really place much value on education and work, or distrust the system for some reason, you're more likely to do as they do. The mindset, "Well they didn't so why should I?" sets in. Hard to combat. Also, I don't think schools do enough to empower people. Specifically, they aren't like Montessori where kids learn the basics and are encouraged to pursue their interests and learn within the contexts of their interests wherever possible (i.e. if a kid really likes basketball they may be encouraged to learn English by reading about basketball players). You've gotta admit it's an interesting idea. If you think that universities, for example, are too Marxist, then maybe students should be instead encouraged to read and write about political and economic theories they're interested in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's true if you live somewhere where there's opportunities, but to be fair I understand the argument that you could just move if your location is economically dead. As for doing well, unfortunately parents have a lot of influence. If your parents don't really place much value on education and work, or distrust the system for some reason, you're more likely to do as they do. The mindset, "Well they didn't so why should I?" sets in. Hard to combat. Also, I don't think schools do enough to empower people. Specifically, they aren't like Montessori where kids learn the basics and are encouraged to pursue their interests and learn within the contexts of their interests wherever possible (i.e. if a kid really likes basketball they may be encouraged to learn English by reading about basketball players). You've gotta admit it's an interesting idea. If you think that universities, for example, are too Marxist, then maybe students should be instead encouraged to read and write about political and economic theories they're interested in.

What you are saying is that some parents give their children a better opportunity to be successful than others and I agree . However from a government point of view everyone is given equal opportunity .

But you have nothing to back this up. This is solely your opinion.

Why do you care about the poor? You say that they only have themselves to blame? Why bother posting sin this thread at all.

But you have nothing to back this up. This is solely your opinion.

Why do you care about the poor? You say that they only have themselves to blame? Why bother posting sin this thread at all.

Because I want to give them as much opportunity as possible to create enough wealth for themselves to live a good comfortable life .

People like yourself are trying to convince the poor they are poor and will always be poor because the system is unfair . That is rubbish they just need to make some good life choices .

Let me say it yet again. Everyone knows fully well that the deficit is increasing. Everyone also knows that the Libs have attempted to make cuts to the budget only to have all attempts blocked by the left.

No they didnt.

Even if you factor in the insignificant welfare cuts they tried to enact for the headlines, they are still running up record deficits and debt.

But at this point I dont think youre lying, I think youv'e just been douped. I'd encourage you to look into this further, for your own sake.

Yeah, I used to be against government funding for private schools and private healthcare, but you've convinced me of the logic of doing this. I don't agree with s**t like Foxtel getting $30 million from the government, though. Pay TV isn't as important as healthcare and education is.

No no no.

The NBN is absolutely key to the future prosperity to this country. No high speed downloads of tv and music and we will be back in stone age quicker than you can say Fred Flinstone.

To some extent taxation is about wealth and income redistribution.

It is what democratic progressive societies do.

10% of the population pays tax, 100% of the population benefits from taxes.

To some extent taxation is about wealth and income redistribution.

It is what democratic progressive societies do.

Progressive. Almost as twisted in meaning these days as liberal

There is nothing progressive about penal rates of tax.

Then again i guess if you are a massive benefactor of such taxes and contribute two thirds of stuff all i suppose you would have another view if you were a particularly selfish individual.

You have the most simplistic worldview I have encountered on these forums.
Everyone should live the way gc26 does, then the world would be just perfect.

Everyone should live the way gc26 does, then the world would be just perfect.
I think the trick is to be born to wealthy parents, and it's probably your own fault if you're not. I take no issue with being born with a silver spoon in your gob, some people are lucky, it's just a shame his ended up in the wrong hole.

I think the trick is to be born to wealthy parents, and it's probably your own fault if you're not. I take no issue with being born with a silver spoon in your gob, some people are lucky, it's just a shame his ended up in the wrong hole.
Of course.

It has the added bonus of enabling you to lecture others on how to live their lives and to sermonize about issues of which you have no understanding (eg poverty).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back