FTA-TV The Leftovers

Remove this Banner Ad

The patient confidentiality is a weak excuse imo. She is his family they have a child together and on good terms divorced or not. Must be cold hearted to seem him suffering like that for 20 years. But I can understand from the Nora perspective if she expressed an extreme desire to her not to be found. Id still be saying something to nora about kevin and his situation to try get her to change her mind.

Last edited:
Just rewatched the second and third series due to current..ah..surreal climate and after watching Watchmen. Got so much more out of it, especially the final season. Never thought for once that Lori had topped herself and I still believe Nora was full of s**t.

Was it 20 years he spent looking for her? Read somewhere it was only 7-10.

Last edited:

Finally finished this show. What an amazing ride.

Could someone break down the Melbourne filming locations? Some were obvious like fed square but struggled with a few others. Also where was the filming of the main house?
Been too long since I saw the last season for many details, but I remember some exterior shots around Queen Vic Market also. Quite a bit of back alley stuff too obviously, no idea which specific ones.

Hosier lane, Fed Square, a bunch of places around Docklands. I think the beach stuff is all Brighton. State Library or the law school library was used.

Fitzroy town hall was used as "Mapelton"

This show always makes me think of Simon and Garfunkel’s Homeward Bound. What an ep that was.
International assassin is one of my favorite hours of TV ever.

I also love the Matt episode in season 1.

I need to rewatch the series again. been a few years other than catching a episode here or there on Foxtel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a great show. In the best handful ever imho. It just hit the feels and I’m a cold man.

Season 1 was its best. Season 2 becomes Lost in Texas. Shorter season 3 to wrap it up was a good outcome. Really could've got stupid if it went on for 5-7 seasons.

Just watched S1 of this and maybe my expectations were too high, but it just wasn't that good overall.
The lives and interactions of various people and a cult in a quirky small town... yeah has its moments, but the storyline is underwhelming.

Is it worth persisting?

Hosier lane, Fed Square, a bunch of places around Docklands. I think the beach stuff is all Brighton. State Library or the law school library was used.

Fitzroy town hall was used as "Mapelton"
The beach scenes are Sandrigham.

To be fair to Interceptor you can often watch a show after hearing all the hype around it and feel underwhelmed.

That show for me was Stranger Things, hype hype hype, I watched season 1 an thought meh, never bothered with the following seasons.
I will probably watch them one day but don't feel I am missing out by not.

There was a particular part of a season 2 episode of The Leftovers that had my jaw drop and had me thinking about it the following day still after watching it.

I watched this a second time right through a couple of years ago. It's a very different watch the second time - as you aren't constantly wondering what each scene means, rather the second time around you are completely aware of the significance of each moment to the whole story, so the big scenes pack more of an emotional punch. Well they did for me - I teared up almost once an ep.

Watched it a third time late last year with my 17yo son. I held myself together that time, as it was a weird enough watch for my son without his old man bawling next to him.

I still think it's the best tv show ever made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back