Switch The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Remove this Banner Ad

Just checked my game time.

BOTW has 70+ hours logged and that’s having done a few side quests before bothering with Calamity Ganon and Dark Beast Ganon to end the game.

TOTK I have over 85 hours. Only two phenomena are done and have 10 hearts.

christ on a bike. This game is nuts

17 hours in and have had the game for a few weeks now. Not feeling the Zelda addiction that many others are. However, when I do turn on and play, it's always for a minimum of 2 hours which is big for me.

I mean, aside from GTA5, this is basically the ultimate sandbox experience. They pulled it off, somehow.

So, what is lacking here??? Maybe more towns, newer towns, that's about it, but the sheer joy of, having the sky, hyrule, caves, the depths and dungeons, i mean, it's just breathtaking. Adding the building mechanics to it, it's such a bold game in many ways.

I'm still boggled as to how this runs on a switch, lol. Genius game designers.

Last edited:
Jesus mother freaking Christ this game is phenomenal!

I just finished it after logging nearly 200hrs, far and away the most time I've spent on a Single player game.
I'm not even a huge open world fan, but this game is just so much better than all the rest (RDR2 comes close).

I went on pretty much a full media blackout to avoid spoilers and wanted every discovery to feel fresh and interesting. Added a heap to the 'immersion' to not know what was in each cave or where things were.
Doing so created some of the best moments whereby I stumbled upon things that were clearly meant for late game but I discovered earlier.
In the end I managed to do all the shrines, lightroots, pretty much every side quest and discovered heaps of armour that I leveled up to be completely OP for the final encounter.
Now that I can watch all the media about the game it's pretty amazing to see all the crazy stuff people built.
I feel like I'm rolling with 2 IQ given I built like a hot air balloon and a car, while other people built robot armies and wild aircrafts haha

But all in all this game is in another tier to most other titles, not afraid to admit that after such a long journey over many months I got a bit teary that it was coming to an end. I took one last ride around Hyrule before the final encounter and it was a great way to sign off.

I’m 85 hours in, done all main quests except the last one, now I’m just roaming the world finding new places and items before I face the final quest.

Im probably one of the biggest haters of open world games, never enjoyed most of them outside of GTA and a couple others, but when BOTW came out I was hooked, same with Tears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back