Switch The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought a house last night! you can get it at anytime. Make sure you have over 2000 rupees and a heap of items to sell, and collect your wood bundles for some time before heading to Hateno Village.

It's at the top of Hateno Village! All you need is 30 wood bundles and about 3,000 (for the house) + 1000 rupees (the house upgrades),

A tip is to sell a heap of your stuff at the shop, located round the corner of the bridge leading to the house, just run in and sell items if you run low on rupees, then run back.

Then after you get everything, spend a couple of hours acquiring rupees and items again!!

I just wish they put a cooking pot inside.

Had a couple hours last night to waste on BOTW. I can't remeber what I actually accomplished but I think I'm officially hooked.

I may have bought some amibo cards :) Not interested having the Amiibo's on display so the cards make sense. I want Epona :)

That's what I did payed like $10 off ebay for a bunch of amiibo zelda cards managed to get Epona and Ocarina of time outfit.

Had a couple hours last night to waste on BOTW. I can't remeber what I actually accomplished but I think I'm officially hooked.

I may have bought some amibo cards :) Not interested having the Amiibo's on display so the cards make sense. I want Epona :)

What I started to do was this...because it's a huge journey if you want to do everything in the game in a more linear way, because i initially spent a long time randomly wandering around, which is fine, but at some point, you need to get on with things.

(Teleport to Hebra Tower and gluide to the Pondo's shack, then bowl for a lot of rupee!)

1. Find all the towers, uncover the whole map
2. Find a heap of food, inventory
3. Save up a heap of rupee
4. Buy a house for storage
5. Spend a week on finding all the shrines only for map teleporting, then a while on defeating some of them.
6. Dye clothes, upgrade shields
7. Spend a week on side-missions
8. Spend a while on hard side-missions
9. Make notes of challenges I can't defeat, do some research, then go back and complete.
10. spend a while trying to defeat guardians, so practice shield deflections, this takes time.
11. Find better clothes for cold and hot weather.

Still need to defeat the game and try the DLC...

Then after all that, you have free-run of Hyrule and it's just all fun, all the time.

Last edited:

That is the game in a nutshell, you will be on the way to a certain area and then something will catch your attention and all of a sudden you have spent 2 hours doing something completely different and your like "Now what was i doing again?"

Zora's Domain is very cool!

020.jpg

Last edited:
So finally have my house and have fully furnished it!! I literally have no money left but at least I got my house.

Also have my Amiibo cards which are very handy for ingredients. Also got Epona.

Soooo I should really get back to the main story :)

Don't forget to buy some winter clothing at Rito Village or from the old man in the hut!
Remember you can bowl for lots of rupees to the left of Hebra Tower...
Oh and stay safe!

I still can't figure out the guardians. I mean, i know you have to time your shield deflections perfectly, but that's the only thing in the game i struggle at, the timing, so i'm trying to do my best to just avoid guardians, hard to do at Hyrule castle though. You can explore the castle interior easily, but when you have to move to different areas, avoiding guardians is dang hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still can't figure out the guardians. I mean, i know you have to time your shield deflections perfectly, but that's the only thing in the game i struggle at, the timing, so i'm trying to do my best to just avoid guardians, hard to do at Hyrule castle though. You can explore the castle interior easily, but when you have to move to different areas, avoiding guardians is dang hard.
I always get as close to them as possible and as soon as they start going blue start mashing the shield button. Works pretty well for me.

Is buying the house something you could do on initial release of BOTW, or was that added later as DLC?

Just smush their legs and they ****ed anyway.

Would love that it comes out quicker than usual using the same engine as BOTW, maybe a game that takes place 100 years before and we can see what all the ruins and Hyrule Castle looked before Ganon.

The one thing I thought BOTW lacked was more characters to interact with so hopefully that could be used with all the ruined towns coming back

I just finalised the game and I think the story could use a prequel could serve the story really well because the intersections with the champions are a bit hollow.

I wonder if there's any more DLC in the works, or are they done with this one and working on the next zelda?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back