The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth the $500? I'm on the fence with the Ghostbusters HQ... If Myer (or someone else) has it later on in the year I might grab it if it's 20% off but right now there are guitars calling my name that override my need for more Lego.

Worth the $500? I'm on the fence with the Ghostbusters HQ... If Myer (or someone else) has it later on in the year I might grab it if it's 20% off but right now there are guitars calling my name that override my need for more Lego.
It fulfilled a childhood need to have a large lego structure plus I am a huge fan of the original film. I think you need to be a fan of the film to value the set at $500.

I do like the sets that replicate genuine real life buildings rather than the parisian coffee house type fantasy designs. I'm much happier with the firehouse than with something like the Sydney Opera House or Taj Mahal. The Ghostbusters HQ does have a lot of stickers though (22). I understand they can't print too many things that have no possibility of getting reused but for $500 would have liked less stickers.

5d56d1fc84bb82d9b795d83adea36eef.jpg

Wow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Porsche went straight onto backorder. Some minor packaging issues and an incorrect instruction on step 267. As if a true Lego fanatic wouldn't pick that up. It literally broke the internet when revealed :D. There are also discussions on such critical questions as "do you think the tube in step 63 also needed to be replaced by the bush or 1/2 bush?"

Personally I'd hold off for now. The pricing doesn't really stack up. $300 in the US, $500 here online. You may find it available a little cheaper when it hits retail stores in August. Big Ben, on the other hand, is $250 in the US and $350 here. Go figure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back