The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So it cost $180 :eek:
U shouldve bought three

I haven't done any lego for ages, I'm not keen on the new technic at all, that digger thing and the tractor don't interest me and I never did buy the big crane truck.
Was going to for Xmas but ive decided my game of thrones 3d puzzle that's sitting here 20% complete must be finished first over xmas....I only started it a year ago :oops:
I'm upto the 3d part on my puzzle and haven't finished it...

The little fella and I just put this together- The Millennium Falcon

DSC41211.jpg

Some idiot in their wisdom thought it would be good to put some sets together while the family is away for a few weeks in Victoria.

I've just spent about 3 hours pulling out loom bands, Pixar dominoes, hair ties, pencils, shopkins, UNO cards, hot wheels cars and some cheap Lego rip off blocks that someone gave one of them for a birthday present. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

lego.jpg

Ok so I still don't have the crane and took a back seat form lego looking in the shops every week
But

Went I to biweekly the other day and theres some new tech out
So I picked up the small Orange truck and trailer with the excavator digger and also bought the container truck and container forklift set
Easy builds and only took half an arvo
This year I will be getting the returned crane tho if i can get at a decent price

I'm not a fan of that bucket digger biggest tech yet thingy
It just looks like....errr nothing imo

And the Porsche is 500 coins not motorised and is freakin orange ffs
Id only get that if I could score it for 300

There was also what looked like a boat that's a new release, looked like a bigger build too
I'll have a close look next time I'm in the shopz

Tbh I dont think he knows what's there.
im not sure about grabbing it as I mainly go technic....Think ive only got two non tech bits in r2 and a falcon

went kmart today...looked at the new technic boat....$170
I put it down
went into bigw.... $149
I didnt put it down

will build tonight. ...but have run out of room in spare room
might be able to squeeze a shelf up somewhere on the weekend

No instructions hurt, can he memorize the sets? You can probably find the instructions online

Yep, Lego put instructions on their website, and several aftermarket sites (see bricklink.com for starters) do the same. It's easier if you know the set number of course but you can research based on the contents of a set (eg bricklink has a reverse index where you can look up the sets a particular piece appears in. With my "bulk" pieces I just found some that looked a bit less common and searched for them and narrowed down the possible sets)

went kmart today...looked at the new technic boat....$170
I put it down
went into bigw.... $149
I didnt put it down

Keen to know what you think, this has been on my wishlist since it came out.

(Re storage and display I tend to rotate mine and dismantle some occasionally to make room. Stops the CEO from noticing the proliferation of plastic-brick based ephemera around the house :D). I'm always sure though to have at least one motorised model around for when the nephews or grandchildren pop in. The BWE is a big hit in this regard as it has quite a few functions)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm upto the 3d part on my puzzle and haven't finished it...

Finally spent an arvo finishing the GOT 3D puzzle...looks OK, just need to find the best way to display it now.

Have also done
42054 green Claas tractor, 10252 blue vw, 42063 BMW bike, 42061 red small crane, plus speed champions 75872, 75873, 75874, 75870, 75871.....and city 60151 truck and dragster plus batman 70911 penguin car in the last month or so

Am now chasing the other speed champions

Well done, am really hanging out for this one! Where did you get it from? The lego S@H site had it in stock for only a few days and now won't even take backorders. Haven't seen it anywhere else yet either
It was back in stock for a few hours today. I have it set to my homepage so that I check it everyday. The link under the second picture is the australian lego website so just check that daily.

Saturn V should be coming to retail in the next couple of months I believe... pretty sure Myer will get it in which case I'll wait for them to take 20% off toys (which they do every other weekend).

Do we know if when and what is due out later in the year for certain themes?
Like is there any more technics due out this year?

Do they release what's coming soon anywhere and take orders etc???

I'm after more techs, was going to buy the jet at bigw today as it was under 150 but ive never really been a massive fan of it
Do they do one release or two a year?

Awesome thread. I am really regretting giving mine away. Always loved the space and Pirates but never had the large ship.
Just told the missus we need to buy some.
What's the best site to go through?

Awesome thread. I am really regretting giving mine away. Always loved the space and Pirates but never had the large ship.
Big W often have the 20% sales. That's generally the best way to get a bargain.

The majors typically have some on sale at varying times. Myer has 20% off at the moment and some of the sets are deeper than that at the current Big W toy sale. A good site to follow for the local specials is brickingaround.com. If I buy online it's usually either the lego site itself (which rarely has sales, but does have some exclusives which aren't available in stores) or justbricks.com.au. My tip would be to find a set that your other half would be keen on doing too. Perhaps the new Carousel or one of the Creator Expert modular buildings

EDIT: If space is your thing, try the new Saturn V set. Seemingly impossible to get right now but should be back in stock soon

Last edited:
Do we know if when and what is due out later in the year for certain themes?
Like is there any more technics due out this year?

Do they release what's coming soon anywhere and take orders etc???

I'm after more techs, was going to buy the jet at bigw today as it was under 150 but ive never really been a massive fan of it
Do they do one release or two a year?

Lego doesn't typically announce its release program in advance but there are several sites on youtube which have good coverage of planned releases. Try searching there using "lego 2017" or similar. The lego site will often take preorders for coming products - the best way to stay in touch with that is to join their VIP program and subscribe to emails. VIPs often get early access to major new products.

It's the 40th anniversary of Technic this year (in fact you get a cool brick to that effect in sets released this year) so I would imagine there'll be more coming. If you love the building challenge of Technic, get the Bucket Wheel Excavator, or for a smaller set I think the BMW motor bike is on special at BiG W and Myer at the moment.

EDIT: For example, there is some release info at http://www.technicfactory.net/lego-technic-2017-sets/

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back