The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Final post....What a great lego set! Do recommend picking up before it is retired soon.

a9ca8a172fde5cba9e8d1f0bbccf2031.jpg
0fd544041c6a6796fe98474242bcdfd0.jpg
c46bc81866cbd36c76a675f3306cb9bd.jpg
df740a58def94aa80a447f2732eb79c0.jpg

Final post....What a great lego set! Do recommend picking up before it is retired soon.

a9ca8a172fde5cba9e8d1f0bbccf2031.jpg
0fd544041c6a6796fe98474242bcdfd0.jpg
c46bc81866cbd36c76a675f3306cb9bd.jpg
df740a58def94aa80a447f2732eb79c0.jpg

i loved building it, its bigger than i imagined it

just need them to approve this idea than i can display it properly

4453223-saturnpadbot-TyPwibG-oyeANw-thumbnail-full.jpg

If anyone has any of the below list either complete (must include instructions/minifigs/box) or BNIB, I'm looking to purchase if you're looking to sell!
Let me know guys.

10225 - R2D2
7662 - Trade Federation MTT
75059 - Sandcrawler
10240 - Red Five X-Wing Starfighter
10212 - Imperial Shuttle
10221 - Super Star Destroyer
10030 - Imperial Star Destroyer
10174 - Imperial AT-ST
75094 - Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

God I LOVE Lego. Waiting for my son to be old enough to crack out all my old sets packed away (not sure how I'll cope with him pulling them all apart and mixing them up but whatever!). He is only 2 but he loves playing with Duplo at the moment so the signs are good. I recently bought some of the old Vikings sets which are super cool. Got heaps on Knights/Pirates stuff put away. The Star Wars stuff looks great but I've been banned from buying anything new for now.

Never been into Star Wars and don't have any of the sets. Seems as though they are amongst the best for investment though. Even as a fan I would baulk at $1,300 for the Falcon, even assuming I could get a business case approved :D.

Saturn V is my favourite recent build, Joker Manor is a lot of fun and a hit with the grandchildren. Don't think I'll be getting the diner as to me it doesn't fit with the rest of the modulars. Will hold out for the rumoured new trains and Hogwarts.

What sets is everyone else hanging out for this year?

(PS later this month Lego S@H should have the promotional 60th anniversary set for giveaway with purchase. If you have planned acquisitions, might be worth hanging out until that happens. I'm trying to get Ninjago City across the line ;))

From the leaked pictures it looks like Lego Technic have an awesome line up for the second part of the year so keen to see those, the first half release this year are just smaller sets apart from the Mack truck.

Wether it’s this year or next year it also looks like we’ll get the Star Wars Imperial Destroyer which could potentially be bigger than the Millenium Falcon :drunk:

check ebay, most will be on there and pricing doesn't look too bad for them, cheaper than i thought

That list I've posted aint cheap!
I just bought the Falcon recently too!.... Funds are not exactly flowing :p

That list I've posted aint cheap!
I just bought the Falcon recently too!.... Funds are not exactly flowing :p

yea i just checked red 5 at the time, i just looked at the star destroyer, which is what i want and yea they aint cheap :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yea i just checked red 5 at the time, i just looked at the star destroyer, which is what i want and yea they aint cheap :p

I'll tell you what grab 75190 - First Order Star Destroyer....
I grabbed one at xmas and it was terrific build, looks amazing, bought a custom stand off ebay and it looks unreal!
Super, super fun build.... the interior is intricate and probably my most satisfying build tbh. Also doesn't come with a stupidly unacceptable price tag.
I think theres progress shots of it in this thread that I posted.

I'll tell you what grab 75190 - First Order Star Destroyer....
I grabbed one at xmas and it was terrific build, looks amazing, bought a custom stand off ebay and it looks unreal!
Super, super fun build.... the interior is intricate and probably my most satisfying build tbh. Also doesn't come with a stupidly unacceptable price tag.
I think theres progress shots of it in this thread that I posted.

doesn't look to bad actually, might have to consider it, need to build a few sets that broke when a shelf decided it didn't want any Lego on it, before i get it

doesn't look to bad actually, might have to consider it, need to build a few sets that broke when a shelf decided it didn't want any Lego on it, before i get it

Cant recommend it highly enough.... You will not be disappointed :)

Never been into Star Wars and don't have any of the sets. Seems as though they are amongst the best for investment though. Even as a fan I would baulk at $1,300 for the Falcon, even assuming I could get a business case approved :D.

Saturn V is my favourite recent build, Joker Manor is a lot of fun and a hit with the grandchildren. Don't think I'll be getting the diner as to me it doesn't fit with the rest of the modulars. Will hold out for the rumoured new trains and Hogwarts.

What sets is everyone else hanging out for this year?

(PS later this month Lego S@H should have the promotional 60th anniversary set for giveaway with purchase. If you have planned acquisitions, might be worth hanging out until that happens. I'm trying to get Ninjago City across the line ;))

Pardon my late arrival to this thread, what rumoured new train?

Hi Lord_Flashheart, 2018 Trains are discussed in various Lego forums - See https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/155770-2018-lego-trains for starters. Looks promising if it comes to fruition. Personally the Emerald Night is the set I regret not having purchased, and is only available now for silly money.

Thanks, yeah I found that site after you mentioned it, reddit has some photos up as of today as luck would have it. I'm fairly new to the cult of Lego, but have always wanted to build up a bit of a town/rail thing. I've grabbed a few modulars and my first train (High speed passenger) in the last few weeks and I'm still plotting out how I want it all to come together. It's going to be a bit bigger than I thought it would be so have been kicked out into the garage. Grabbing the heavy haul and cargo in the coming weeks as well as the other modulars that I can get without paying stupid prices (for now).

Will now have to work out how to fit the new ones in as well.

Lego Trains.jpeg

Re modulars, I think Palace Cinema will be retired shortly, so would suggest getting that now if you can. They all seem to get expensive fairly soon after production stops. I tend to get them in the Myer sales, they seem to have the widest range. If you haven't already seen it, brickingaround.com is a great source of Australian Lego news and sales.

Palace cinema was my first modular, I have since gotten the restaurant which is just about complete, now have to decide between the detectives office and the brick bank.

As luck would have it, Myer apparently has 25% off Creator this weekend. Last I looked at their online store they didn't have the detectives office, but they did have the bank, and the price should come down to $187 (and free shipping). I got Assembly Square at a similar event last year, would definitely recommend that. Love the restaurant, am about to put that one back together (got put away for the Christmas display :D)

Regret selling my Saturn V.
I've got two of the technic porsches that I'm yet to build. Does anybody have one that they've built and can say how long it took them and if the build was any fun? Tossing up whether or not to sell them to fund a Millenium Falcon or not.

Porsche is a challenging build and the end result is impressive. Was a while ago now but i think build time was about 12 hours. Bits like the gearbox can be fiddly to get right.

Oh, and id recommend buying yourself another saturn v, that was also a great build and it looks schmick on display.

I'm not a star wars fan, so will pass on the MF. IMHO Ninjago City, at almost 1/3 the price, is a much better option.

Had a meeting at work last week with a guy who said he must have about 250+ completed sets of Lego. He inspired me to buy a lego train set this year - always wanted one as a kid so I'll achieve a childhood dream and obtain one on my own steam (pun intended if they have steam train sets) :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back