The Lego Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
Very few sets remain Lego shop at home exclusives for their entire run, but you may have to wait a while depending on demand. Also with the demise of TRU there may be disruption to the normal retail channel.

If you're looking at acquiring this one in the near term it's probably best to buy online. You do get the VIP points and any freebie they may have going at the time to soften the deal.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
Yeah you may need to get in quick for the Hogwarts Express particularly. According to brickingaround, it was to be a TRU exclusive, and may not hit retail here for some months.

PoppedCorn

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
FFS
Was expecting to waltz in to big w tomorrow and just chuck the whole lot on layby

Nothing showing on Kmart or big w online here the Mrs reckons

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
Yeah I don't think they'll be in retail for a little while, and the Hogwarts Express was a TRU exclusive, so may take longer to appear elsewhere (and may not be on the shelves in the majors at all).

On the plus side, Big W has a 20% off toy sale starting tomorrow, there may be some good bargains there as Big W's regular prices on many items are lower than RRP to start with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
Yeah if it goes the same way as the Porsche, when it hits retail here it could be discounted - Porsche RRP was $500, now readily available for $400, sometimes less. If you're happy to wait, that may be the best option.

PoppedCorn

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
Ok got all the potter/fantastic beasts except the Great Hall but ive got that on click and collect waiting at kmart
Shelves also had the new technics...forklift some log grabber looking thingy and maybe a front end loader type thing that looked ok

Mrs just rolled her eyes and walked away lol

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
It didn't look like the new Technic were on sale, but that may change. There are some detailed reviews of all of then on YouTube if you're interested. The front end loader is a Volvo concept model, looks cool.

PoppedCorn

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
Yeah that was in big w
From a quick glance it was 188$
I'll check out the tube
Off to pick up the Great Hall this morn, from looking at the back of the whopping willow box the two clip together

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
I think Big W have adjusted their prices online now and the new Technic stuff is showing as 20% off. Would like to get the lot, but I suspect will just settle for the forklift for now ;)

PoppedCorn

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
Oh this is no good, I didn't know about the new red crane
List is way to long now
Aston
Mack truck
Forklift
Red crane
Volvo bucket
Mega Hogwarts
And that's not even all the smaller cool stuff yet

Might chuck some on layby with the 20% off....you get ten weeks to pay at least

We should do reviews on utube, might get sent some freebies from Lego promotions

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
I have the Mack Truck (definitely recommended), but otherwise my list is the same as yours, oh and add the roller coaster and the Bugatti :eek:

EDIT : Oh and the Ninjago City Docks. Will look awesome next to the Ninjago City :thumbsu:

Last edited:

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Top Bottom