The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lambo finally arrived!

But I probably won't get around to starting the build for another couple of weeks. Can't wait to build it though and have it on display with the Porsche and Bugatti
You did well to get one. The Lego warehouse must look more like the Simpson Desert these days. Nothing on my wish list has been in stock for weeks. Hope you enjoy it, please post pics and review 👍

I believe the latest 5 potter sets are awaiting me at target for pick up in about one hr....20% discount as well
Rather happy about that

Need lambo pics during build
😎
That's brilliant. I want the crocodile train next, but naturally unless you are online at 12-01 on stocking day, you have no chance. I don't understand why Lego can't implement a backorder system. It's supposed to be "exclusive" to David Jones as well but naturally they don't have it either.

I think the Burrow is the standout in the new HP wave, although the minifigures don't seem to match with the movie scene itself. Need pics of your builds too :thumbsu:

Below is the album of the Lego Batmobile (1989) + Light kit build. It starts a bit late into the build as the first few pics are of my very excited kid doing the build. Note that images 8, 10, 11 and 13 are videos/gis so may take a second longer to load.

Below is the album of the Lego Batmobile (1989) + Light kit build. It starts a bit late into the build as the first few pics are of my very excited kid doing the build. Note that images 8, 10, 11 and 13 are videos/gis so may take a second longer to load.

That looks amazing, I tried to take photos when I built mine in different stages (usually after finishing the current bag at the time). Wish I took even more!

Retro gamers should check out the new 71374 Nintendo Entertainment System. If it was releasing April 1 you'd just laugh it off, but it's incredible.

Also the Lambo is in stock today at Lego online. Beyond me at the moment but if anyone's hankering for one with double points, get in quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, no denying the price is out there, but it's about standard for licensed stuff and this taps into the large overlapping fanbase for Lego and Nintendo.

A must have.
Yeah, weirdly it is pretty much in parity with the $US230 price (it was originally reported erroneously as $US200). At 0.7 and adding GST to the US price, we get $361, so we've done well. Not so strong against the pound and euro though. The Lambo is another that is better against the US price than has historically been the case. Perhaps we're getting the benefit of cheaper manufacturing and shipping costs from China?

And yes, straight to the top of the wish list.

In a very last-minute decision, Lego has canned the 42113 V-22 Osprey, ostensibly because it violates their own policy on military vehicles. It seems some protest group in Europe complained about royalties going to companies that make war hardware. Shame because it looked like a great set.

Lego has done military before (eg Sopwith Camel) and they also licence from companies like Volkswagen and Land Rover who make military vehicles, seemingly without complaint.

In a very last-minute decision, Lego has canned the 42113 V-22 Osprey, ostensibly because it violates their own policy on military vehicles. It seems some protest group in Europe complained about royalties going to companies that make war hardware. Shame because it looked like a great set.

Lego has done military before (eg Sopwith Camel) and they also licence from companies like Volkswagen and Land Rover who make military vehicles, seemingly without complaint.
Imagin getting your hands on the few sets they sent out to retailers. $$$

Looking at it, it doesn't even look military, its a rescue helicopter, would have been a cool build

Looking at it, it doesn't even look military, its a rescue helicopter, would have been a cool build
As well as the royalty payments, I think the issue was the model depicted is almost exclusively deployed for military purposes, despite being available for SAR use. And yeah it does look like a good build. I'm hoping Lego turns it into something more generic it can release - like "Air Race Jet" 42066.

As well as the royalty payments, I think the issue was the model depicted is almost exclusively deployed for military purposes, despite being available for SAR use. And yeah it does look like a good build. I'm hoping Lego turns it into something more generic it can release - like "Air Race Jet" 42066.
If the royalties was a issue going to Bell and boeing, technically they should pull the Land Rover defend as they are the vehicle of choice for the British military

Has anyone built the Jurassic Park Rampage set here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back