The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tempted to cash in on the double VIP points with the Friends apartment set. That will then qualify me for a $150 voucher to use on the Seinfeld set when it releases this week.
Yeah I don't think that one will be in stores any time soon. Double points equates to 10% rebate so better than nothing if you want the set now.

Yeah I don't think that one will be in stores any time soon. Double points equates to 10% rebate so better than nothing if you want the set now.
I bit the bullet and got the Friends set, much to my girlfriends dismay haha. Will qualify me for the $150 voucher on their website which I will put towards the Seinfeld. First purchase in a while, so looking forward to getting back into a build.

I bit the bullet and got the Friends set, much to my girlfriends dismay haha. Will qualify me for the $150 voucher on their website which I will put towards the Seinfeld. First purchase in a while, so looking forward to getting back into a build.

May as well get Big Bang Theory to round off the sitcom sets.

Although...does The Simpsons count?

Target has a few larger sets at 30% including the Technic Liebherr, which I don't think has been any cheaper, and the Bugatti. Barracuda Bay is down to $209 if you haven't got that yet, so Do Yourself A Favour ..

Big W has the soon-to-be-released 42128 Tow Truck listed at $229 (RRP $269). Amazon also appear to be getting the Lambo next week.

641301.jpg
$202

Target has a few larger sets at 30% including the Technic Liebherr, which I don't think has been any cheaper, and the Bugatti. Barracuda Bay is down to $209 if you haven't got that yet, so Do Yourself A Favour ..

Big W has the soon-to-be-released 42128 Tow Truck listed at $229 (RRP $269). Amazon also appear to be getting the Lambo next week.

I don't see Pirates of Barracuda Bay on the website. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a fun build , and it looks so amazing /feels so shiny. Even my anti-lego family were won over :) .
The best part is that it’s functional so there’s hours of entertainment yet to come …

FBF159FB-B712-4FF0-9B55-D985A2DAC40E.jpeg

Yes
Yes we will

So im moving house atm over the next month so all lego is broken down or put in tubs whole and stored, anything bought will be stored away unopened for prob over a year

But eventually ill be able to have a whole room dedicated to Lego and other stuffs...if it all goes to plan

Yes
Yes we will

So im moving house atm over the next month so all lego is broken down or put in tubs whole and stored, anything bought will be stored away unopened for prob over a year

But eventually ill be able to have a whole room dedicated to Lego and other stuffs...if it all goes to plan
The best thing about this is two years later stumbling across unbuilt sets you'd forgotten you had. Like Christmas all over again 😁.

Whicb will be a lot of potter.
From diagon alley onwards with prob some non potter themed stuff as well thrown in, like the blue camper and maybe the raptor, although im not 100% sure on that one now.

I do wish theyd make a coiple of big dinos though, like BIG.
A giant trex woild be fantastic
Yeah I have some HP but it's never been a must have for me, but this year's sets have been awesome. That collectors Hedwig is just the bee's knees. If you have the funds and you're a fan definitely get them now even if you do just put them away.

I wasn't as impressed with Diagon Alley, it just seemed expensive and the building experience wasn't as good as, say, the recent modulars. The detailing is awesome though.

1628474954293.png

Considering this as something a bit different to put on a side unit. Has anyone bought this one?

View attachment 1200584

Considering this as something a bit different to put on a side unit. Has anyone bought this one?
Yep, I was a sceptic about this theme and this one in particular, but it's a stunning display piece - one of the few builds my wife is happy to have on display. It looks better than it does in the pictures, and was a more interesting build than I was expecting. It's expensive for what you get at RRP, but I've seen it around on special if you're quick. I paid $103 at amazon for mine in their last price match, their regular price is $143.

The Bonsai is worth a look too (at half the price).

Quick update, the Seinfeld set is now available and for Star Wars fans the new UCS Republic Gunship has been released (to much controversy from the purists).

Amazon and Big W both have Vidiyo at 50% off, including the new sets.

First thought - looks nice enough, but UCS?

Second thought - I ain't paying nearly $600 for that! For reference, you can get a 4000 piece functional rollercoaster for two-thirds of that price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back