Remove this Banner Ad

Miqar_Baqfhied

Cancelled
May 31, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Was packing up the olds and took home all my old lego, and had an orgasm of nostalgia. Such amazing stuff.

What were some of your favourite sets?

My biggest set was the technic supercar. Amazing piece. Had a couple of good technic sets, including a plane.

d4e4o5g414t3y404z2d4x2p234q2r2h4v5f4042354v2r294x2u2.jpg

I was also massive on Lego Pirates. This baby is my flagship:

$T2eC16N,!wsE9suw)kdPBSDR)soPEQ~~60_35.JPG

This holy grail I pretty much wasted childhood years dreaming about, but alas it was out of reach:

lego-pirate-ship-play-set.jpg

My childhood was made of awesome lego moments. I also loved space, knights and a lot of city stuff was cool. I used to forensically analyse the catalogues every year and day dream about it. The 80's and early 90's were the golden lego years IMO.

Share some of your sets and Lego moments too :D

Last edited:
Loved the pirate Lego (Googling the below image brought back memories), always wanted a ship, but never got one. Had this instead:

6270_Forbidden_Island.jpg

Had a lot more of this dragon type lego, it wasn't as fun though:

6076_lego_dragon_cave_by_galaxine-d45u7ac.jpg

I didn't have many sets. I had the pirate and dragon stuff that Fyfie posted, but I think that's it. I just had a * load of those variety packs, so I just built whatever.

Not too long ago I bought Weathertop, from LotR. It's pretty great.

One day I hope to buy the Lego R2-D2, but i'm not made of money.

I didn't have many sets. I had the pirate and dragon stuff that Fyfie posted, but I think that's it. I just had a **** load of those variety packs, so I just built whatever.

Not too long ago I bought Weathertop, from LotR. It's pretty great.

One day I hope to buy the Lego R2-D2, but i'm not made of money.
Why is Darth Vader fighting a hobbit?

I'd always build it, sit there for about 10 mins driving a car/boat/plane around whatever I'd just built, then destroy it to build something else. Rinse & repeat. I should have been an engineer.

Even if my future kids are girls, I'm buying them Lego.

It was awesome. But i never really had anything specific like the images above, just a massive tub full of different pieces.

Last i heard the stuff was ridiculously expensive.

Inb4 obligatory stepping on them hurts llike *

Loved Space lego. This was the first one I had as a kid.

space lego.jpg

My eldest son is right into lego. has boxes and boxes of it. We just finished this one.

police lego.jpg

I reckon I get more enjoyment out of building lego than he does sometimes. :)

All this pre-built lego s**t like castles and pirate ships is bullshit, the whole idea of lego is building stuff yourself.

I had a big box of lego as a kid with different sections for bricks, roof tiles with capping to fit them together, door frames, window frames with shutters etc and spent many a lazy afternoon building epic houses. #foreveralone

I also had stuff to build cars with wheels, floors, roofs, doors, windscreens etc. Another one of my favourite games as a kid was building two cars and smashing them into each other to see which one broke apart first, rinse and repeat. #foreveraloneagain

One of my mum's friends, who my little sister was friends with her daughter, had a son about 4 or 5 that had a deluxe lego city setup that his architect dad bought for him. It had everything, streets with buildings, cars, buses, planes with airports, trains with train tracks and train stations, it took up most of the loungeroom when you set it all out.

His dad had split up with his mum so he was just living with his mum and older sister and his dad was a rich womaniser type that was hardly ever around but tried to make up for it by buying his son awesome toys to play with. The poor little bloke was desperately short of some bro time though so I was roped in as his defacto older brother to play with him when my mum and sister went around to their place. I didn't mind though as he was a cute little kid that was funny as hell and he had awesome toys to play with like his lego city.

He was a bossy little prick with his lego city though, he controlled the show and I had to do what he told me or he'd crack the shits. Like I'd go to move a train and he'd be like "No no no, the plane has to land first then the people get off the plane and get in the car to go to the train station then get on the train, then the train can leave". His Mum was always telling him off, "Don't be so bossy or he won't play with you anymore".

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd always build it, sit there for about 10 mins driving a car/boat/plane around whatever I'd just built, then destroy it to build something else. Rinse & repeat. I should have been an engineer.

Even if my future kids are girls, I'm buying them Lego.

Half the fun of lego was building stuff, the other half of fun was smashing it to pieces.

You had a deprived childhood and your parents should feel bad.
They should because I never had that car mat either. s**t parents. I had that cheap bigger version of lego.

They should because I never had that car mat either. s**t parents. I had that cheap bigger version of lego.
Duplo? I had that too, there's no shame in it :p. Unless you mean something else, because I think Duplo is owned by Lego.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back