The Lego Thread

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Not been a good week for my lot, so thought I'd come back in here :D.

Just finishing Ninjago City - a great build and an awesome set, there's so much going on. Leaked images of the new Ninjago City Docks set (70657) are now doing the rounds, this looks like an (albeit smaller) addition to the city itself. Not sure on release date, some commentators say June.

The Creator Expert roller coaster that's been rumoured ever since the tracks appeared in Joker Manor has apparently now been confirmed - set number 10261, *may* be available May for VIP pre-purchase. Looks awesome (4,100 pieces+)

Then of course there's the Bugatti ... Not sure how I'm going to get these three essential purchases past the CFO though.

Next project is the B model of the Mack Anthem - another really impressive build. Grandson's favourite vehicle is a garbage truck(!) so this'll be right up his street.

i like the look of the Mack Anthem, might have to look at that one

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Teaser on the Lego site suggests the Bugatti Chiron is due for a 1 June launch. Roller coaster already confirmed for that date (early release on 15 May for VIPs via S@H, presumably also at the stores).

Can anyone who's been to the store in Chadstone comment as to product availability etc - am hoping to be able to visit later this year

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's either post in here or stomp around the house kicking things after this afternoon's **** up. 54 free kicks, 11 50m penalties and 9 goals apiece on a perfect afternoon, Yeah, nah :thumbsdown:. What's happened to football?

You may have noticed the Chiron has launched, at $600. I suspect that, like the Porsche, once it hits the retail stores you may well be able to get it somewhat cheaper (that's a big ask for 3500 pieces, 1/3 of which are Technic pins). That's roughly the same piece count as Ninjago City Docks, which comes in at $350 - that, too, may well be available at a discount depending on which majors stock it (Ninjago City is still a TRU exclusive here I believe, despite their woes).

There's a good range of new smaller sets too - one I think I'll get is the Pirate Roller Coaster which has a lot of the fun of the real thing at 1/4 of the price.

The worrying thing now is the total cost of everything on my wish list - will need to make some solid money punting, just not on my team ;).

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
A few weeks late but finally managed to get my hands on the UCS Falcon

UCS Millennium Falcon.JPG

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is it worth the $1,300 asking price? And are you allowed to display it in a public area of your home ;)

PS Don't know if you read "Blocks" magazine, but the last couple of issues have included articles about modding the MF to add more interior scenes. Worth a look.

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
Is it worth the $1,300 asking price? And are you allowed to display it in a public area of your home ;)

PS Don't know if you read "Blocks" magazine, but the last couple of issues have included articles about modding the MF to add more interior scenes. Worth a look.
Can honestly say it's the best Lego set I've ever built- In terms of sheer size and detailing
And it proudly sits in the front room with the other UCS sets

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Myer have their sale going too and with TrU going under here, there may be some bargains there in their liquidation (although so far reports say it's only 5% off Lego). Check amazon too before you buy, for some sets their regular prices are better than the others sales (eg got the Pirate Roller Coaster last week for $69).

Back