The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping to score the Hogwarts castle for Christmas. Luckily the whole family is Potter mad.

Lego Shop@Home ships via the post office (not sure what they use internationally, everything I've had seems to come from Denmark, but I thought as they now had a factory in China, we may be supplied from there now). They do have tracking on their site but it isn't very useful - in my case it generally says nothing for two weeks then updates after the postperson has dropped it off. Allow 2-3 weeks from order - best I've had is about ten days. Don't forget to allow for the foreign transaction fee from your bank.

In case you haven't already seen this - Lego S@H has lowered the free shipping threshold in Australia to $149, and the cost for orders below that to $12.50. I imagine that's because they now have a more local distribution centre, although the site still suggests that our orders originate in Europe. No word on whether you still incur the international transaction fee - if anyone places an order in the near future perhaps the could advise?

Winter Village Fire Station released. Cute, but pricey. It makes the $149 free shipping cutoff though so at least now you don't have to order anything else with it.

So did some building the last few weeks
Basic potters done, forklift, hovercraft and rally car done
Rally car is a great technic build and I put it up there with the le mans car

So just the mega Hogwarts castle to do

Then get the Aston Martin.

Awesome :thumbsu:. I've done the forklift and Volvo concept front loader, would recommend both. Hanging out now for the rough terrain crane, I love those kinds of builds. Hogwarts is a little out of reach at the moment ;). Am hoping though that a good price on the Bugatti can be found between now and Christmas.

So did some building the last few weeks
Basic potters done, forklift, hovercraft and rally car done
Rally car is a great technic build and I put it up there with the le mans car

So just the mega Hogwarts castle to do

Then get the Aston Martin.
Not true until pictures of the build process and final item are posted on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Diagon Alley promo didn't even last the first day :mad:. You would think they'd have adequate stock to last the planned giveaway period. Similar thing happened with last month's Minifigure display stand promo. They've gone back to double points on Hogwarts Castle and the Winter Village Fire Station. Hopefully you're right and the Christmas promo kicks in later this month so I can get that and double points.

I wonder if there'll be a Christmas Build Up set this year? They've been fun builds.

Just thought I'd add if anyone is wondering about the new local shipping arrangements from S@H. I've had two deliveries, the first didn't ship until about four days after order and arrived in Canberra the following day. The second I ordered on Friday and it arrived first thing Monday morning. They ship via Toll, so you need to be at home to sign.

The Christmas Carousel ornament is the current GWP - worth getting if you still have anything left in the kitty after black Friday ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back