The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Modular is up.

images

Corner garage with vet and apartment above.

Don't need any more modulars, but since when did need come into it :D

I need to wait for at least one of the kids to move out before I can do anymore as it is taking up too much space in the garage.

Picked up this bad boy from Melbourne (not taking the risk ordering online). 6020 pieces of bliss in 40 bags, being a big Potter fan myself. The build was amazing and loads of nice little references from all the books.

20181229_213303.jpg 20181229_214014.jpg
20181231_105541.jpg

Oh and it had been dismantled completely for transport back home to Perth, so if anyone has any particular requests for the build process feel free to tag me and I'll take the appropriate pictures. It's expensive but I think it's $650 well spent.

I will enjoy building it again lol.

Snap!

Im on the mack truck atm
Just part of trailer to go
Been a great build, the front part of the truck was as good a build as the le mans car

Have no idea what's next
Have we seen what's on the 2019 radar??

i'm actually getting the mack track this week, looks like a good build

I've had a look for this year and haven't seen much out there yet

My sister bought me a Lego Ferrari (ahes 7-14) for a bit of fun at Christmas. Turns out to be the best gift I received - I had an absolute ball putting it together. I am the sort of person who enjoys doing process-based tasks from start to finish like doing the dishes lol. Never realised Lego might be something I could be interested in. Might have to look into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sister bought me a Lego Ferrari (ahes 7-14) for a bit of fun at Christmas. Turns out to be the best gift I received - I had an absolute ball putting it together. I am the sort of person who enjoys doing process-based tasks from start to finish like doing the dishes lol. Never realised Lego might be something I could be interested in. Might have to look into it.

Awesome :thumbsu:. Plenty of amazing sets about at the moment. Sounds like Technic might be your go - perhaps try the new Porsche kit (the white one). Otherwise let us know the sort of things you might be interested in and I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions.

Great choice. Be sure to also build the B model (garbage truck) as this is very cool too. Instructions downloadable from Lego.com.

the mack track came early so started building tonight, was thinking of building the garbage truck

Anybody have any good storage solutions? My kids have quite a bit of Lego, mainly Creator stuff, so lots of different types of pieces. So it's sometimes a challenge just to locate pieces when everything is broken up. I bought some plastic containers from Officeworks but it can still be a pain to locate what is required.

Looks a bit flasher than the original Hogwarts released that I still have in my bedroom.

Do you mean 75954? Because that's technically just the Great Hall with a tower thrown in - this one is effectively the complete Hogwarts Castle.

Anybody have any good storage solutions? My kids have quite a bit of Lego, mainly Creator stuff, so lots of different types of pieces. So it's sometimes a challenge just to locate pieces when everything is broken up. I bought some plastic containers from Officeworks but it can still be a pain to locate what is required.

Few options
Build everything and put it on shelves
Don't build and have the lot in a giant bin, bucket or crate with lockable lid
Go to the cheap store, buy s**t loads of click lock Tupperware and sort it all out via colour or brick shape

I sort mine by kit, and keep it in stackable plastic tubs from Officeworks, 1-2 kits per tub. Not elegant but at least keeps it tidy. If you are storing pieces individually there are commercial shelf stacking systems designed specifically for Lego, and obviously cheaper generic ones. See YouTube for some examples, many of the Lego posters there show their storage solutions.

Personally I like the "build and display everything" option but sadly this isn't an option at my place :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back