The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody have any good storage solutions? My kids have quite a bit of Lego, mainly Creator stuff, so lots of different types of pieces. So it's sometimes a challenge just to locate pieces when everything is broken up. I bought some plastic containers from Officeworks but it can still be a pain to locate what is required.
Go the Hogwarts route and keep the kids under the stairs.

With summer finishing - I'm setting my compact shed up as a Lego workshop - plans afoot for the new and improved version II of Lego Talisman (2nd ed) playable minifig scale diorama board game with my being overly ambitious - with the City expansion board. However - that means a whole bunch more minifigs trying to mix and match to strangers, followers, enemies, space/building encounters, and events. I displayed the fairly basic first cut back in Jan '17 at Brickvention in Melbourne (see Flickr Album here) - so - to do bigger and better I've got to get serious about managing it. There are those folk who have a 'Lego Garage' or inside a 'Lego Room'.....lucky so & so's!! So - storage, is a bit of a key - another is just being careful about the crucial parts so that if you do want to reassemble sets then you can actually do it. For now though - if anybody has a spare Oriental Dragon going cheap??

I haven't built a set in about a decade, how do you guys display these things? Thread needs more pics.

I've got a couple of Porsches in unopened boxes (may get the Bugatti if it drops to $300 too), but I just don't have the space to display them.

Does anybody display them in those fancy Perspex cases? I've seen you can get lighting kits for the top tier sets too - I need some inspiration!

Wow, if you can get a Bugatti for $300 be sure to let us know where, there'd be plenty of interest at that price.

I have a display shelf and rotate the models through that. Don't have any custom cases, so the main issue is dust - I use a compressed air can to keep most of that off. Sets that aren't on display are broken up and put in stackable containers.

Been keen to try the light kits but they cost as much as the sets so I've always finished up buying more Lego instead. Will perhaps try the one for the Disney castle, that'd look cool lit up.

I haven't built a set in about a decade, how do you guys display these things? Thread needs more pics.

I've got a couple of Porsches in unopened boxes (may get the Bugatti if it drops to $300 too), but I just don't have the space to display them.

Does anybody display them in those fancy Perspex cases? I've seen you can get lighting kits for the top tier sets too - I need some inspiration!
This is a older pic, more sets in mine now, it needs to be repainted a different colour and led lights out in, 20170429_172220.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Storage and display - major issues. Especially if you don't have a spare (lego) room!! Depends how many you have - - I like the idea of a rotation policy; "less is more". Our main display is in the book shelf in the lounge - understated, other people don't need to know of or see the full collection....they can ask. My wife has been doing and lighting up the winter village Christmas sets - so - seasonally, they come out and the other stuff goes away. My 13 yr old daughter is really into Harry Potter currently so we've got a bit of that on display - new and some of my old.

Main thing as mentioned elsewhere is the dust - - the manual cleaning method is a clean paint brush.....just flick away from yourself and for really dusty items do so outside!!

thinking of getting this

Yeah that's a great rendition of the original subject (much better IMHO than the Flintstones set, where the original fan model looked much better than the final product). Will be pricey here though ($130 for 750 pieces), and it sometimes takes a while for the Ideas sets to trickle into retailers' discount cycles.

Just built the Ferris Wheel. Was a better and more challenging build experience than I was expecting and the end result looks pretty cool too. Recommended if you can get one on sale (which seems to be fairly common now). I imagine it will be retired in the not too distant future.

Yeah that's a great rendition of the original subject (much better IMHO than the Flintstones set, where the original fan model looked much better than the final product). Will be pricey here though ($130 for 750 pieces), and it sometimes takes a while for the Ideas sets to trickle into retailers' discount cycles.

price isnt too bad considering its Disney, i like the how they kept it the black and white just like the original cartoon

Just built the Ferris Wheel. Was a better and more challenging build experience than I was expecting and the end result looks pretty cool too. Recommended if you can get one on sale (which seems to be fairly common now). I imagine it will be retired in the not too distant future.

saw that on special at Myers a few weeks ago, thought about it but i dont know where i would put it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back