Toast The Lewis Young feel good thread

c'mon mate, I'm just being honest. I didn't say one thing about the Bulldogs, I have nothing against them. Lewis Young just isn't good.

Yeah fair enough. Are bulldogs fans frustrated he was picked up reasonably early when he probably could've been nabbed in the rookie draft?
not really since Ben Long and Mitch Hannan were gone by the time we had our pick

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
Don't want to be too rough. But he's s**t. Played against him and he missed a goal from the goal square. How he went at pick 49 with literally no output shows how silly the draft can be.

A lot of people might have said the same thing about JJ just a few years ago. If you think Dal makes silly decisions, I suggest you look throughout his recent picks. This isnt discounting your experience, but perhaps suggesting that there is more to these choices than you realise.

Last edited:
c'mon mate, I'm just being honest. I didn't say one thing about the Bulldogs, I have nothing against them. Lewis Young just isn't good.

Yeah fair enough. Are bulldogs fans frustrated he was picked up reasonably early when he probably could've been nabbed in the rookie draft?
also don't think dogs really care, our team misses goals all the time so he will fit in straight away

bobby2

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think the majority of us have decided it's best to trust in our recruiting staff after years of them "reaching" successfully.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I see.. so your club reaches for Galluci on the first round.. and the dogs pick Young at #49 and he's "s**t". you're coming across really petty and you sound borderline jealous

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

So not only are you a better judge of talent than Simon Dalrymple but you also have access to every club's draft board, wowee!

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Don't want to be too rough. But he's s**t. Played against him and he missed a goal from the goal square. How he went at pick 49 with literally no output shows how silly the draft can be.

So because he missed a goal from the goal square, he's no good? I saw Jesse Hogan miss a goal from the goal square, should we call him s**t too? His output wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be as well since he was able to get games in the reserves and a game in the seniors. He obviously played a few good games in the U18's and reserves to get promoted.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Are you frustrated that it happened right in front of you?

Ozil

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Missed a goal from the square one time. What a dud.
image.jpeg

(Premiership full forward Travis Cloke celebrates a goal for Collingwood)

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Trolling aside, kicking doesn't seem to be as big a focus for dal as it is for some other clubs.

He's drafted guys like Dunkley, Collins, lipinksi (the man has a dead set tumbler in his highlights package) and young in the last 2 drafts.
You can 'teach' kicking, can't teach character and attitude.

bobby2

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Trolling aside, kicking doesn't seem to be as big a focus for dal as it is for some other clubs.

He's drafted guys like Dunkley, Collins, lipinksi (the man has a dead set tumbler in his highlights package) and young in the last 2 drafts.
You can 'teach' kicking, can't teach character and attitude.
Throw in decision making skills for things you can't teach easily as well. Players like Hamilton, Dunkley and Lipinski aren't great kicks at the moment, but they'll all be far better users of the ball long term than a mechanically good kick with poor decision making like Tutt.

class78

All Australian
Jun 19, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wowee, I'm not trolling, I have nothing against the Bulldogs. I just don't rate Lewis Young. Pay out Galluci all you want. Also, you may have drafted a few good players in years past, doesn't mean you're immune to drafting a dud. See: Crows drafting Doedee. Also seems weird that you picked up Young as well as English. Casboult comparison does plenty though. Go you scraggers!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Lipinski's kick for goal is a shocker.

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians

Even I was capable of kicking the odd " tumbler " Fronk.
Whist he dosnt look a pretty kick , I have seen a lot worse.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dal's priorities:

1. Clean hands
2. Toughness
3. Endurance
4. Character
5. Decision making
6. Versatility
7. Kicking
8. Basketball background
9. Eltham
10. Hair

11. Size
12. Speed
13. Every draft haul must include a South Australian owl pick.

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dal's priorities:

1. Clean hands
2. Toughness
3. Endurance
4. Character
5. Decision making
6. Versatility
7. Kicking
8. Basketball background
9. Eltham
10. Hair

11. Size
12. Speed
It seems like size has been one of his top two or three priorities this season Fronk. Caught me by surprise actually.

Back