Toast The Lewis Young feel good thread

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I got through about 30 seconds of that. I'm assuming it's a yoingin thing.... not that im overly old.

The key to being hip and with it in todays young culture: randomness and not making sense.

For example

Now you might ask what's chocolate milk got to do with kicking a torp? Well stop. Don't ask those questions. Just accept it and roll with it and let the memes flow.

Just let the goodboy energies come back into your life, because it's what the team needs right now.

Last edited:
May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
The key to being hip and with it in todays young culture: randomness and not making sense.

For example

Now you might ask what's chocolate milk go to do with kicking a torp? Well stop. Don't ask them questions. Just accept it and roll with it and let the memes flow.

Just let the goodboy energies come back into your life, because it's what the team needs right now.

4 of the better things in life here.

1. Torps
2. Nippys Choccy Milk
3. Owls
4. Bevo, Bob and Easton's Embrace after we win the premiership

Main goodboy numbers that he has mentioned previously are 2 and 4.

Consider this:
Bob Murphy wears 2 - Debut year wore 22
The Bont wears 4 - Was picked at 4
Finals hero and superstar Liam Picken wears 42
Shane Biggs bulldogs half back stud with the best effort of the grand final wears 24. Best effort leads to Liam Picken goal.

Premiership dynasty in 2022-2024 confirmed.

illuminati-symbols-eye-pyramid.gif

You do the math.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
4 of the better things in life here.

1. Torps
2. Nippys Choccy Milk
3. Owls
4. Bevo, Bob and Easton's Embrace after we win the premiership

Main goodboy numbers that he has mentioned previously are 2 and 4.

Consider this:
Shane Biggs bulldogs half back stud with the best effort of the grand final wears 24. Best effort leads to Liam Picken goal.

You do the math.

I'm (only) in my early 30s, but this is what it must be like when my grandparents say they feel old, tired and confused.

Floridog

All Australian
Mar 8, 2014
Southwest Florida
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Florida Everblades
Consider this:

You do the math.
I did the math and by my calculations we can expect a premiership dynasty from 2022 to 2044!

Dec 21, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

For example

Now you might ask what's chocolate milk got to do with kicking a torp? Well stop. Don't ask those questions. Just accept it and roll with it and let the memes flow.

I get the random. I don't get the funny.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Contrived randomness. So very Northcote.

Bob Murphy moved from around the corner from mine in Norf Carlton to Norfcote last year. Probably actually lost hipster cred in doing so.

I saw two guys ride penny farthings to a wine bar in rathdowne street a few months back.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Bob Murphy moved from around the corner from mine in Norf Carlton to Norfcote last year. Probably actually lost hipster cred in doing so.

I saw two guys ride penny farthings to a wine bar in rathdowne street a few months back.

I guess it's chicken and the egg.

Does the randomness come from living in those areas or do you have to be random to live or fit into those areas?

Personally, I think there's a bit of genuine randomness and a bit of attention seeking.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks.

Norfcote is the new cool.

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Did you see the large man in a Deadpool mask chasing them with a board with a nail through it!?

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I'm there once a week and the s**t you see is truly spectacular. Can't be many better places to people watch.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I'm there once a week and the s**t you see is truly spectacular. Can't be many better places to people watch.

I enjoy having my coffees and brunches there for that exact reason. I live on Curtain square and it's probably my favourite place in the world.

Pretty sure bob used to live on canning street somewhere. Crossing over to Brunswick street or even some parts of Norf Fitzroy is too whacky, even for me.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Did you see the large man in a Deadpool mask chasing them with a board with a nail through it!?

I love Melbourne.

In hipsterville, that's part of the character of the area, innocent and quirky, in Sunshine or Footscray it's also part of the character of the area, but there's genuine cause to be fearful.

Back