Toast The Lewis Young feel good thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Melbourne.

In hipsterville, that's part of the character of the area, innocent and quirky, in Sunshine or Footscray it's also part of the character of the area, but there's genuine cause to be fearful.

No, I think he means tame. It's true, it's not as edgy as it once was.

I thought he meant that Footscray is losing its identity and it is.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I thought he meant that Footscray is losing its identity and it is.

I agree. But having said that (and I work in the area), the red, white and blue support during the finals last year (balloons, fences, walls, posters, flags etc) on every house and business was heartening and put a smile on my face every day. It brought the old and the new residents together in a way I've never seen before.

Last edited:
May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
No, I think he means tame. It's true, it's not as edgy as it once was.
Footscray was too close to the city to stay edgy. Eventually prices were going to go up and it was going to attract a certain different crowd to the usual.

Median house price of 820-840k with huge annual growth.

Footscray was too close to the city to stay edgy. Eventually prices were going to go up and it was going to attract a certain different crowd to the usual.

Median house price of 820-840k with huge annual growth.

It's the loss of local identities that bothers me. One day watching the doggies and having a Parma in a local pub, next its apartments with expensive shops down the bottom.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
It's the loss of local identities that bothers me. One day watching the doggies and having a Parma in a local pub, next its apartments with expensive shops down the bottom.

Happened to Clifton hill, Collingwood, Carlton, and now Brunswick to a certain extent. Melbourne councils and governments have actually been quite good with preserving architectures and structures and how places actually look.

Ask Brooklyn-ites in New York what they think of all the manhattan businesspeople moving over there and bulldozing their buildings because it's now the cool place to be.

Ozil

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
I don't know that there's been a loss of identity.

Still feel a strong connection to the west and a sense of community that isn't really present anywhere else in Melbourne, aside from those ******* private school creeps on the bayside.

Only if they changed to being about skinheads beating the s**t out of hipsters.

On my way to festival Hall last night I drove down Barkly st. and was slightly bemused by the number of bespoke burger joints and the like that are now popping up. In my desperation to eat I only encouraged this creeping gentrification by stopping in at something called Up in Smoke for a quick bite and was sat at the bar right next to a guy with a long beard and a man bun. I s**t you knot.

My dear departed and life long Footscray resident grandfather would've beat him to death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
On my way to festival Hall last night I drove down Barkly st. and was slightly bemused by the number of bespoke burger joints and the like that are now popping up. In my desperation to eat I only encouraged this creeping gentrification by stopping in at something called Up in Smoke for a quick bite and was sat at the bar right next to a guy with a long beard and a man bun. I s**t you knot.

My dear departed and life long Footscray resident grandfather would've beat him to death.
I am aware of this establishment and mourn the loss of the petrol station that once occupied its space.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

Was it tapas, share plates and did the bloke have a sleeve, a la Dane Swan?

The legendary Olympic Doughnuts has been another massive loss to Footscray.

Was it tapas, share plates and did the bloke have a sleeve, a la Dane Swan?

The legendary Olympic Doughnuts has been another massive loss to Footscray.

Smoked meat! Probably had a sleeve, but it was hard to tell as he was being terribly ironic by wearing his dads 1980's pastel coloured parachute tracksuit. You couldn't make this stuff up.

The City Boyz

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2016
Albert Park
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas

I confess to having both a beard and a man bun.

McCraeBF

All Australian
Dec 23, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
ok has anyone in the history of the game taken 19 Marks in first 2 games ???

Another good game from Young.

However we need to remember he's only played against two weakened teams. His real tests will come in the next three home games - Essendon, GWS and Port. If he comes through those well then we have a genuine star in the making.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Imagine if he jumped on top of you ;)
iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

Good thing the mrs is a sainter and doesnt surf the dogs bigfooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back