Toast The Lewis Young feel good thread

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hands like Wood. Poise like Murph. Brilliant start to his career.

Once he adds a bit of core strength and muscle, he'll be able to hold his ground in front position of marking contests more easily - got knocked around at times that he had to dig his feet in as opposed to run and jump at it, but that's expected for a bloke who isn't turning 19 for another 5 months. The signs are there. Genuinely excited.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Obviously needs a few years in the gym. Got pushed around in the contest a number of times yesterday but that's to be expected and it's not an easy task even for the most experienced defenders to match up on Daniher and Hooker. But geez he's exciting. That left foot pass was something else. I just love the way he plays and I know it's still early days but I think I've seen enough. He's got all the traits to be elite and he seems like a good kid who will do what he needs to to get there! At 18 he probably hasn't even finished growing yet, the upside he has just in his physical development is absolutely huge, and I think he'll start to fill out pretty bloody quickly!

The Mirror

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2011
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal, Ravens, Hoppers Warriors
On my way to festival Hall last night I drove down Barkly st. and was slightly bemused by the number of bespoke burger joints and the like that are now popping up. In my desperation to eat I only encouraged this creeping gentrification by stopping in at something called Up in Smoke for a quick bite and was sat at the bar right next to a guy with a long beard and a man bun. I s**t you knot.

My dear departed and life long Footscray resident grandfather would've beat him to death.

No way, Up In Smoke is amazing. Their beef brisket burger and waffle fries poutine is glorious. Good beers, too.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Obviously needs a few years in the gym. Got pushed around in the contest a number of times yesterday but that's to be expected and it's not an easy task even for the most experienced defenders to match up on Daniher and Hooker. But geez he's exciting. That left foot pass was something else. I just love the way he plays and I know it's still early days but I think I've seen enough. He's got all the traits to be elite and he seems like a good kid who will do what he needs to to get there! At 18 he probably hasn't even finished growing yet, the upside he has just in his physical development is absolutely huge, and I think he'll start to fill out pretty bloody quickly!
Yeah agree 3 games cant just be luck now. He's going to be a gun. He could minimise the weight imbalance by backing of and running back to the drop - no point standing under it against those guys for now.

TiAn_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lewis YOUNG
Totals

• 12 VFL games
  • 3 goals
  • 3 behinds
  • 3 times in best players list

Averages
  • 9.1 kicks
  • 4.2 handballs
  • 13.3 disposals
  • 4.5 marks
  • 1.8 tackles
  • 2.3 hitouts
  • 1.1 inside 50s
  • 2.9 rebound 50s
  • 58.25 DT points

Hi Grimlock,

Do you have VFL season averages for our players?

I was going to make a spreadsheet based on your weekly (much appreciated) posts, but if you already have that data, and would be prepared to share it, that would be a huge time saver and very appreciated.

Back