The Liberal Party - How long? - Part 2

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
this posie parker tour (well, the melbourne event at least) has really opened up a schism within the conservative movement

its great viewing :drunk:

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
this posie parker tour (well, the melbourne event at least) has really opened up a schism within the conservative movement

its great viewing :drunk:
They are faaaarked. Dutton even refused to condemn the Nazi Salutes in parliament and Pesutto does not have the numbers to expel her.

They are officially snookered. And this all happens 4 days before a NSW state election.

Amateur hour

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
^^^

lurch went all high dudgeon post QT claiming dreyfus egregiously misrepresented him (the lady doth protest to much springs to mind)

[edit] in the meantime, tasmanians have shown up in numbers at todays anti-trans event

Last edited:
^^^

lurch went all high dudgeon post QT claiming dreyfus egregiously misrepresented him (the lady doth protest to much springs to mind)

[edit] in the meantime, tasmanians have shown up in numbers at todays anti-trans event

The video in the comment chain is spectacular.

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
would love to see the dossier pesutto has presented in support of his efforts to 'TERF' deeming out

it does raise questions .....off the top of me noggen

• how was this dossier put together at such short notice?
  • what did the liberal campaign team know about deeming prior to the election?
  • if this material was known prior to the election, why was she endorsed?
  • and why is this material now being used to expel her from the parliamentary party?
i get it .... new leader .... new focus .... sure, argue that all you like - nevertheless, the libs have a serious problem with right wing extremists within its ranks ...... and this issue has the potential to fortify those divisions even further

[edit] will be interesting to see how rita panahi reacts ... she attended the sydney gathering in support of parker possie (or whatever her name is)

Last edited:
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
would love to see the dossier pesutto has presented in support of his efforts to 'TERF' deeming out

it does raise questions .....off the top of me noggen

• how was this dossier put together at such short notice?
  • what did the liberal campaign team know about deeming prior to the election?
  • if this material was known prior to the election, why was she endorsed?
  • and why is this material now being used to expel her from the parliamentary party?
i get it .... new leader .... new focus .... sure, argue that all you like - nevertheless, the libs have a serious problem with right wing extremists within its ranks ...... and this issue has the potential to fortify those divisions even further

[edit] will be interesting to see how rita panahi reacts ... she attended the sydney gathering in support of parker possie (or whatever her name is)
This is the inner city moderates attacking the outer suburban cookers. It will be very interesting how it falls - could be mortal for the Liberals

Oct 21, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Punter I'm hearing certain senior liberals are basically blaming Pesutto for this being a problem for them at a sensitive time election wise and his support is dropping. He may face a spill shortly.

If this goes bad for him, is this the end for the party? Where do they go from there?

Have you heard any similar soundings?

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I'm hearing certain senior liberals are basically blaming Pesutto for this being a problem for them at a sensitive time election wise and his support is dropping. He may face a spill shortly.

If this goes bad for him, is this the end for the party? Where do they go from there?

His position is obviously untenable if they vote against him on this.

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
His position is obviously untenable if they vote against him on this.

Absolute scenes if they dump a leader 3 months in because he doesn't want to be seen alongside neo-Nazis in an anti-woke crusade. Two election drubbings and they still haven't learnt a thing.

I hear Matty Guy is available

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Absolute scenes if they dump a leader 3 months in because he doesn't want to be seen alongside neo-Nazis in an anti-woke crusade. Two election drubbings and they still haven't learnt a thing.

I hear Matty Guy is available
The clown Deeming was preselected by the same clowns who previously preselected the clown Bernie Finn.

Time for the Libs to disfranchise this Rooted Branch

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
even a narrow vote win next monday would be bad for him .... hes fast approaching dead man walking territory

brad battins probably doin the numbers as we speak

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
The clown Deeming was preselected by the same clowns who previously preselected the clown Bernie Finn.

Time for the Libs to disfranchise this Rooted Branch

The cancer within the party is malignant by this point. The old money liberals in Kew and Malvern were already massively outnumbered, and even the more rational conservatives that know what is/isn't electoral poison don't seem enough to make up the difference these days.

The majority lacks the self-awareness to do a root-and-branch cleanout by this point, so I don't know how they turn it around.

So Deeming is getting kicked out of her right wing party for expressing right wing views?
Am I missing something?

She can’t be blamed for Nazis turning up with out her knowledge… that’s ridiculous…

So what was she actually saying about women's rights? Or is that not the issue?
We don’t believe her when she claims without her knowledge. It reads like a bullshit excuse.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
The Punter I'm hearing certain senior liberals are basically blaming Pesutto for this being a problem for them at a sensitive time election wise and his support is dropping. He may face a spill shortly.

The latest intel I have from last night is the motion is looking more likely to pass, but make no mistake: Pesutto's job is on the line with this. My latest whip count had it as close as it can be.

BTW, the "dossier" is on the H-S website.

Even is Pesutto succeeds in expelling Deeming from the parliamentary party, there will be 6-8 people in the party room who will continue to work towards his demise regardless of political consequences. They will use whatever means necessary to tear him down. In one respect, it's almost better to go down like this over a matter of clear principle than a slow death. In that way, it is a potentially shrewd move - he gets it over and done with or he comes out seen as stronger.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The latest intel I have from last night is the motion is looking more likely to pass, but make no mistake: Pesutto's job is on the line with this. My latest whip count had it as close as it can be.

BTW, the "dossier" is on the H-S website.

Even is Pesutto succeeds in expelling Deeming from the parliamentary party, there will be 6-8 people in the party room who will continue to work towards his demise regardless of political consequences. They will use whatever means necessary to tear him down. In one respect, it's almost better to go down like this over a matter of clear principle than a slow death. In that way, it is a potentially shrewd move - he gets it over and done with or he comes out seen as stronger.
And the problem the Liberals have is these battles for control of the party are becoming more and more public.

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
the libs (at least the victorian branch) are fast approaching their version of the 1950s DLP split from labor ........ common factors:

• religion
  • a stated enemy (in the 1950s it was communism .... now, its progressive modernism - so anyone who says, thinks, looks, acts differently to prescribed religious notions of 'normal, appropriate and acceptable' behaviour)

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
Early voting in Aston started on Monday. Even with a disproportionate contingent of happy clappers, the silent majority must be watching aghast at this sideshow.

Dunderheaded Sarah Henderson has kept the story in the headlines for yet another day.

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
herald $cum reporting southwick has got himself in hot water over this deeming affair (at least, the use of his photo would suggest this) .... in an exercise of crude whataboutism, an email is doing the rounds associating a number of lib mps with questionable ties outside of parliament

it just gets better and better :drunk:

[edit] and as expected, panahi has come out swinging against pesutto

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
herald $cum reporting southwick has got himself in hot water over this deeming affair (at least, the use of his photo would suggest this) .... in an exercise of crude whataboutism, an email is doing the rounds associating a number of lib mps with questionable ties outside of parliament

it just gets better and better :drunk:

[edit] and as expected, panahi has come out swinging against pesutto

Even if she does get expelled, this affair might be the end of Pesutto.

The nutjobs seem incensed enough to do whatever they can to take him down for this. And they don't have the sense to just shut up and do it in private.

Back