The Liberal Party - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I understand what it means when Liberal voters talk about 'free money' from Governments.

They approve of it when it benefits those at the higher end of the salary scale, got it.

They don't benefit in any way. They're still massive losers that pay heaps more in tax than anyone else to fund the lifestyle of Labor voters.

They don't benefit in any way. They're still massive losers that pay heaps more in tax than anyone else to fund the lifestyle of Labor voters.
Very predictable response. Just as well we have them then, right?

The estimates the budget is based on are already looking very shaky.

World trade seems a mite unpredictable. China-US trade war. Brexit. It could be uncertain times for long forecasts.

And the Liberals want to lock in economic policy along way into the future for what good reason?

I mean if they are right , they they will grow the economy, they will be re-elected handily and they can implement their large tax cuts for the wealthy when they are due to come in, rather than lock them in now,

The only reason for doing this is to the hands of a future government.

I mean if the Liberals are unwilling to back their management of the economy and forecasts in. Why should the rest of Australia?

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/minister-checking-pension-test-rates

Federal Labor has called for a review of part of the pension income test, but Human Services Minister Anne Ruston says she has requested advice on the issue.

Part of the pension income test should be reviewed to better reflect Australia's record low interest rates, according to federal Labor.

But Human Services Minister Anne Ruston says she has already sought advice on whether any changes are necessary in light of this week's interest rate drop.

The opposition wants the government to review pension deeming rates, which are used in the income test to assume how much people are earning on their financial investments.

The deeming rates for the pension are as high as 3.25 per cent.
They haven't been updated in more than four years, when the Reserve Bank of Australia's official cash rate was 2.25 per cent.

The interest rate, which reflects what the central bank charges commercial banks on overnight loans and influences other interest rates, was reduced this week to 1.25 per cent.

Seems like the tax cuts will get up.

Agree re dodgy assumptions in economic modelling. Pity it’s not just this government that has utilised this “technique” to justify their actions. Why not be as realistic as possible?

how many of us are going to go out and buy a TV with the $1080? I doubt this measure will do anything to reverse the current trends. We're more likely to pay down a bill or stick it in a savings account.

Seems like the tax cuts will get up.

Agree re dodgy assumptions in economic modelling. Pity it’s not just this government that has utilised this “technique” to justify their actions. Why not be as realistic as possible?
I'm more interested to see what essential service funding will get gutted in return...

I'm more interested to see what essential service funding will get gutted in return...
Compared to the song and dance made over the cost of Labor's policies, where the 158 billion is going to come from for this has barely been mentioned.

I know that it's very popular to write off partys after huge election defeats like the one we've just seen in Victoria and the one is inevitably coming at federal level
Still makes me laugh

Education is always first. If you teach people less you'll just be able to feed them lies.

They won't gut aged care or health though - that keeps their retirees alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness the Liberals are going to be the hero party of 70% of the country for the next 2 months.
as long as you dont have hecs debts
On Monday the Hecs repayment threshold income was slashed to just $45,881 – the largest percentage drop in 23 years, the second-largest since Hecs began.

The catch? For hundreds of thousands of workers the benefit of that tax cut will be wiped out by the Hecs change. Completely. We’re back to the beginning.

as long as you dont have hecs debts
On Monday the Hecs repayment threshold income was slashed to just $45,881 – the largest percentage drop in 23 years, the second-largest since Hecs began.

The catch? For hundreds of thousands of workers the benefit of that tax cut will be wiped out by the Hecs change. Completely. We’re back to the beginning.

Yes but in their current return...... Oooooooo more money.

Only for the next two months? What happens after that? Villain?
People will forget the $1,080 bonus and move back to their long held political persuasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back