The Liberal Party - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1983 - The Coalition under Malcolm Fraser with John Howard as Treasurer hand over to Labor an economy ranked 20th in the world.

1996 - Paul Keating and Labor hand over to the Coalition an economy now ranked 6th in the world.

2007 - John Howard and the Coalition hand back an economy to Labor that had slipped down to 9th place in the world.

2013 - Labor under Rudd/Gillard hand over to the Coalition the best performing economy in the world, boasting AAA credit ratings after navigating Australia through the GFC (Then the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression of the 1920s) and an economy that was ranked at 3rd in the world.

2017 – 2019 The Coalition have presided over an economy that had by then slipped back down to 28th in the world

1983 - The Coalition under Malcolm Fraser with John Howard as Treasurer hand over to Labor an economy ranked 20th in the world.

1996 - Paul Keating and Labor hand over to the Coalition an economy now ranked 6th in the world.

2007 - John Howard and the Coalition hand back an economy to Labor that had slipped down to 9th place in the world.

2013 - Labor under Rudd/Gillard hand over to the Coalition the best performing economy in the world, boasting AAA credit ratings after navigating Australia through the GFC (Then the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression of the 1920s) and an economy that was ranked at 3rd in the world.

2017 – 2019 The Coalition have presided over an economy that had by then slipped back down to 28th in the world

do you want to cite your source? on what basis are you saying ranked? or do you not know what you copied and pasted?

do you want to cite your source? on what basis are you saying ranked? or do you not know what you copied and pasted?
Source is the OECD, deals in facts and numbers unlike all the sources that have created the myth of the coalition being competent economic managers

Correlation does not equal causation. By most metrics Australia’s economy deteriorated substantially under Whitlam, but no doubt many people here skewering the Coalition's economic credentials minimise his culpability on that front and champion his contribution to the country.

In reality both sides of politics have benefited from the work the others did. Howard could not have destroyed the unions anywhere as effectively as Hawke and Keating did, and Rudd and Swan have Howard and Costello to thank for the war chest they had to combat the GFC.

Last edited:
I'm confident my post stands up to scrutiny.

that's not what I asked

Source is the OECD, deals in facts and numbers unlike all the sources that have created the myth of the coalition being competent economic managers

hmmm

are you sure it wasn't reddit?

That's rich, coming from you.

are you still unsatisfied with the energy regulator as a source?

FTR 41% of denmark's energy is imported as we speak. 12% netherlands and 29% norway

Blah blah blah as usual.

Five minutes on the search engine of your choice will confirm my point.

Reddit - copy paste

Lol.......and no idea of what you actually copied and pasted.

Just for the laughs, please provide your own views and interpretation on your control c control p! Please clarify what the “ranked” reference referred to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reddit - copy paste

Lol.......and no idea of what you actually copied and pasted.

Just for the laughs, please provide your own views and interpretation on your control c control p! Please clarify what the “ranked” reference referred to.
LOL I have no idea what Reddit even is.

The point of my post is perfectly clear, and easily verified with five minutes research but as usual you're too busy trying to play gotcha instead:

By any number of metrics you care to apply, despite their claims to the contrary, the Coalition are not very good economic managers and Labor is much better.

It's 2020 and you don't know that yet?

Sheesh, it's like conversing with Mr Logic from Viz.

LOL I have no idea what Reddit even is.

The point of my post is perfectly clear, and easily verified with five minutes research but as usual you're too busy trying to play gotcha instead:

By any number of metrics you care to apply, despite their claims to the contrary, the Coalition are not very good economic managers and Labor is much better.

It's 2020 and you don't know that yet?

Sheesh, it's like conversing with Mr Logic from Viz.

yet by magic you have the exact same opinion and the exact same words............

1596635215648.png

SA Liberals are under fire for holding a 700-strong dinner for its state women’s council in an exclusive function room at Adelaide Oval in the same week as the state government reintroduced limits on funerals and weddings and a 10-person cap on visitors to private homes.
Sources told The Australian there was “genuine outrage” that the party would send such mixed messages by holding Thursday’s event, which has been catered for 700 guests at the William Magarey Room in the Riverbank Stand.

Inshallah a new SA Covid hotspot.

Your point?

You just copied it pasted it from somewhere else pretending it was yours :$
My point is that it is true.

Where is it wrong?

I stand by what it says, and I never made any claim about whether I copied it or not.

That's the important thing to you though clearly, not the facts it contains.

Go on, tell us what great managers the Coalition are.

*usual silence*

yet by magic you have the exact same opinion and the exact same words............

View attachment 928484

Um, they're not the exact same words you goose.

"Exact same position"?

You mean, like, THE TRUTH????!!!!

Heaven forfend! Someone on the internet is AGREEING WITH THE TRUTH!!!

NOW WHAT????!!

Sorry, what is your point?

Do you disagree that historically, Labor have handled the economy better than the Coalition? If so, argue the points, or stop wasting everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back