Prediction The lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still very early in the year if we can get 4/4 of the next games then we can start to dream abit more

Long season to go
Exactly my thoughts. There are some on here getting (rightly) excited about our prospects, but it is a little too premature to be talking f f f f f or p p p p p . See I can't even type the words yet.

Batten down the hatches folks, we are in for a helluva ride though.

I think adelaide in adelaide will be the first time we can see where we are at.

Looked good the last few weeks and last night was exciting but it looks like most (except hawthorn) of the side we have beaten are not contenders.

Adelaide have looked very menacing despite dropping a couple of games. Theyve looked very damaging at times.

Beat adelaide by 5 goals then start dreaming about what might be.

Its Rd7 next week and early May.

Which is 5 months from the business end.

The undies stay well away from the head right now.

Lid is on.

Firmly.

Go Catters

1316107670_cat_keeps_closing_lid.gif

We aren't very good.
And the 1% ers are all that matters right now. If we keep at it, keep our heads down and bums up. We might be good one day.

Pretty sure I'm doing this right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as I am concerned, the 20-goal smacking of GC was the first genuine sign I've seen since 2013 that we are in fact good enough to win it, if things go right. But there's a lot, a lot of what-ifs-and-buts...
- We've had a great run with injury this year
- The two players that we have really needed to play well, have played well (Hawkins and Old Man Boris)
- No clear leader has bolted out of the pack yet a la Geelong 2007.

I think it's pretty fair to say that we're playing finals now - to miss, we'd need to go at least 6 and 10, and I can't see that happening.

I'd be keeping it on until we beat a top 4 side.

The next two weeks should give a good idea of where the side sits. A win over WCE at home and a competent performance against Adelaide away (i.e. not a flogging) would have us in a pretty good spot at this point in the season, I would think. Eagles have all the guns to really test the Cats, and they'll be priming themselves to win away to try to go some way to amending the flat-track/home-state bullies tag.

I am not usually an advocate of cynicism, but I honestly am so far away from confident against the Eagles and Crows. I think we'll cop a hiding from one of the two

I'd be keeping it on until we beat a top 4 side.

The next two weeks should give a good idea of where the side sits. A win over WCE at home and a competent performance against Adelaide away (i.e. not a flogging) would have us in a pretty good spot at this point in the season, I would think. Eagles have all the guns to really test the Cats, and they'll be priming themselves to win away to try to go some way to amending the flat-track/home-state bullies tag.
I'm not reading too much into a hypothetical victory over Wet Toast at the moment - reading backwards through 2015, their last few results away from home read as follows:
Belted by Hawthorn
Copped a flogging in Adelaide
Drew with Gold Coast
5-goal win over the Pies
Comfortable win over the Dees
20 point win over Richmond
Narrow loss to Norf

Adelaide away is a ripping test and if we win that I will get very excited.

We beat West Coast by 5 goals or more and I will start believing. West Coast are a genuine top four team who have talent in every position.

Apart from the round one game, this weekend's match will really give us a good idea as to where we are at.
Better start getting excited Will happen

I am not usually an advocate of cynicism, but I honestly am so far away from confident against the Eagles and Crows. I think we'll cop a hiding from one of the two
We may lose in Adelaide but our defence is so solid ATM I cannot see a blowout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back