Prediction The lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get too technical with football. North Melbourne and Sydney bother me the most this year.
Hey, would anyone have a reasonable idea how tough it might be for me to get a couple of tickets to the Sydney game at Skilled in July?

I don't really get too technical with football. North Melbourne and Sydney bother me the most this year.
Hey, would anyone have a reasonable idea how tough it might be for me to get a couple of tickets to the Sydney game at Skilled in July?
Easy enough mate, just make sure you're onto it Monday two weeks before the game and there will be plenty for you.

PS: Oh, and welcome and I hope you enjoy the match.

Will beat both sides. We are the real deal this year. Lid or no lid. It is going to be out of Adelaide, Geelong, and GWS. jmo.
I want to see how GWS travels first at this point. Beating Geelong and Hawthorn in NSW/ACT is good, but beating a good side on their turf is better.

I want to see how GWS travels first at this point. Beating Geelong and Hawthorn in NSW/ACT is good, but beating a good side on their turf is better.
Think Freo away is a very good test to see if GWS can back up after such a great win.
An oxymoron, but Freo are one of the better 0-6 teams to face compared to recent years.

Will beat both sides. We are the real deal this year. Lid or no lid. It is going to be out of Adelaide, Geelong, and GWS. jmo.

Hawks are still favourites in my book, and by a considerable margin.

Don't buy in to the narrative that says they're finished. They're the reigning premier and the wins they have dug out over the past four or five weeks means they're going to finish top four with consummate ease. Also note that despite the annual BS "Hawthorn injury crisis" red herring, they once again have ZERO injuries that will effect their finals campaign, whereas other teams supposedly doing better than them with injury, such as Geelong and the Bulldogs, already know that they will go in to finals missing a member of their best 22 (Thurlow and Murphy, respectively).

Last edited:
Thanks mate, I want to take my nephew, or grand nephew Charlie while I'm over there seeing everyone.
Mate I love intergenerational footy team support. My Dad, Nan, Pop and Grandma (the latter two sadly departed) are/were all various shades of dyed-in-the-wool Cats fans, and we've converted my 8 year old sister. Nan's too old to go to the games now, so my favourite place to watch games is actually with Dad and Nan at his place where we can swear at the telly in solidarity.

Mate I love intergenerational footy team support. My Dad, Nan, Pop and Grandma (the latter two sadly departed) are/were all various shades of dyed-in-the-wool Cats fans, and we've converted my 8 year old sister. Nan's too old to go to the games now, so my favourite place to watch games is actually with Dad and Nan at his place where we can swear at the telly in solidarity.
They're the good times hey, making memories with loved ones. Watching a pretty good team this year too :)

Don't buy in to the narrative that says they're finished. They're the reigning premier and the wins they have dug out over the past four or five weeks means they're going to finish top four with consummate ease. Also note that despite the annual BS "Hawthorn injury crisis" red herring, they once again have ZERO injuries that will effect their finals campaign, whereas other teams supposedly doing well with injury, such as Geelong and the Bulldogs, already know that they will go in to finals missing a member of their best 22 (Thurlow and Murphy, respectively).
The litmus test for that is Mitchell. We all know that given time and space he can cut any opposition to pieces if he is given time and space.
This year, however, he has been caught a lot more in possession and has caused a lot more turnovers. Is it age? Is it the new interchange limit? Has the opposition targeted him more? They are probably still entitled to be favorites, but as Brisbane eventually found out, nothing stays the same forever.

We beat West Coast by 5 goals or more and I will start believing. West Coast are a genuine top four team who have talent in every position.

Apart from the round one game, this weekend's match will really give us a good idea as to where we are at.
We only recently beat the reigning triple premiers by 5 goals, who incidentally smashed the team you rate a 'genuine top 4 team'

Come on mate, the win interstate against Port was the sign that we'll be there at the business end. It was methodical.

We beat West Coast by 5 goals or more and I will start believing. West Coast are a genuine top four team who have talent in every position.

Apart from the round one game, this weekend's match will really give us a good idea as to where we are at.

Hahaha Bob it would take a Christmas miracle to get you to believe in us any given year ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man our Bob takes such a superficial "Herald Sun" look at football. Did the GWS game mean nothing? Does keeping our opposition to 10 goals or less mean nothing? Our new forward structure?

Hahaha Bob it would take a Christmas miracle to get you to believe in us any given year ;)
You weren't around two years ago... He was the complete opposite.

I'm just saying West Coast are no joke. They are the real deal and will be thereabouts late September.
It's going to be a great test for us.
What would be the most promising outcome for Geelong's perspective would be another big final quarter display. We have been a very poor second half team since 2013 (more so the 3rd quarters over that time) while West Coast have been one of the best second half teams the last two years.

Don't buy in to the narrative that says they're finished. They're the reigning premier and the wins they have dug out over the past four or five weeks means they're going to finish top four with consummate ease. Also note that despite the annual BS "Hawthorn injury crisis" red herring, they once again have ZERO injuries that will effect their finals campaign, whereas other teams supposedly doing better than them with injury, such as Geelong and the Bulldogs, already know that they will go in to finals missing a member of their best 22 (Thurlow and Murphy, respectively).
Forget Hawthorn. They are done. The signs are all there. OK, they have been a great side and they will rally. But so did we in 2012.

we'd better get Lucy a username for Bigfooty !!

I'd be keeping it on until we beat a top 4 side.

The next two weeks should give a good idea of where the side sits. A win over WCE at home and a competent performance against Adelaide away (i.e. not a flogging) would have us in a pretty good spot at this point in the season, I would think. Eagles have all the guns to really test the Cats, and they'll be priming themselves to win away to try to go some way to amending the flat-track/home-state bullies tag.
I just watched the game. We have done both of last year's GF teams. Granted the Dawks were undermanned but they have found a way to win since, just not against us or last week. They have a lot of guts.

I don't buy the away stuff with WCE. They are still a very good team and we cooked them on a spit, then basted them fully.

Crows will be tough, but - lid aside - I think we can cover them. PFD will be on heat.

It's still early days, but I like what I see so far. We just gotta keep on keepin' on and build momentum for the finals. We'll lose a couple here and there, but I think we've got a very strong side that could go along way in September providing injuries & drop-off's in form don't ruin things for us.

I think adelaide in adelaide will be the first time we can see where we are at.

Looked good the last few weeks and last night was exciting but it looks like most (except hawthorn) of the side we have beaten are not contenders.

Adelaide have looked very menacing despite dropping a couple of games. Theyve looked very damaging at times.

Beat adelaide by 5 goals then start dreaming about what might be.
I am still not understanding why everyone rates Adelaide so highly. Really their best win was syndey early one and they have yet to show great team defence. Most games they play is just a shootout and they have come ontop 4 times and lost 3. I think our midfield will get on top. Anyways we shall see very soon.

The litmus test for that is Mitchell. We all know that given time and space he can cut any opposition to pieces if he is given time and space.
This year, however, he has been caught a lot more in possession and has caused a lot more turnovers. Is it age? Is it the new interchange limit? Has the opposition targeted him more? They are probably still entitled to be favorites, but as Brisbane eventually found out, nothing stays the same forever.
See the Willo_ theory for this

I am still not understanding why everyone rates Adelaide so highly. Really their best win was syndey early one and they have yet to show great team defence. Most games they play is just a shootout and they have come ontop 4 times and lost 3. I think our midfield will get on top. Anyways we shall see very soon.
I dont necessarily rate them that highly but I just think they will be a good indication of where we are at. We have played some ordinary teams and yes we beat Hawthorn but I just think it will be a good test.

They are not a bad team but they play high intensity football and will expose you if you're not up to it.

Adelaide in Adelaide is a good litmus test, that's the point I was making. Adelaide have been competitive against everyone. How we perform will say a lot IMO

I dont necessarily rate them that highly but I just think they will be a good indication of where we are at. We have played some ordinary teams and yes we beat Hawthorn but I just think it will be a good test.

They are not a bad team but they play high intensity football and will expose you if you're not up to it.

Adelaide in Adelaide is a good litmus test, that's the point I was making. Adelaide have been competitive against everyone. How we perform will say a lot IMO

Couldn't have said it better myself.

- A comfortable win and we'll start to deserve some of the hype, (lids will start to pop)
- A close win and the fortitude shown will be a great sign
- A close loss and we'll be brought back to earth knowing we're still not there but can get there if we work hard
- A Comfortable loss and we'll know we've been flat track bullies abit and we've got heaps to work on if we want to contend.

FWIW I can't see the bottom eventuating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back