Prediction The lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it shut.
For sure! I do feel that we will make it to the GF, winning it is another issue.

It seems to me that the 3 games we have lost are when the other team brings intense pressure - for the whole of the game. West Coast are rising ............

It seems to me that the 3 games we have lost are when the other team brings intense pressure - for the whole of the game. West Coast are rising

Only Port Adelaide brought the heat for four quarters, though.

We should have been 4-5 goals up at 1/4 time against the Dogs and held that margin to half time.

We were 4-5 goals up against GWS and let it slip.

Only Port Adelaide brought the heat for four quarters, though.

We should have been 4-5 goals up at 1/4 time against the Dogs and held that margin to half time.

We were 4-5 goals up against GWS and let it slip.
Good post we have only been blown away by Port...the other 2 we were so bad but still could have won them games

Tigers play Lions in the final round of the season.

I suspect they will drop the game to get a home final if they can secure 4th place! How bad is that!

We want GWS to be right on their hammer going into the last round, which will force the Tigers to win the last game. This will most likely give us the Lions in week 1 at Kardinia - this could be the best result.

My lid is still off btw, but I am not as confident as the start of the year. I suspect we will build momentum again at the end of the year, but the BYE record concerns me the most.

I suspect they will drop the game to get a home final if they can secure 4th place! How bad is that!

We want GWS to be right on their hammer going into the last round, which will force the Tigers to win the last game. This will most likely give us the Lions in week 1 at Kardinia - this could be the best result.

My lid is still off btw, but I am not as confident as the start of the year. I suspect we will build momentum again at the end of the year, but the BYE record concerns me the most.

I think we will lose to Brisbane up there. If this is the case then I would have thought our round 23 game will be after the Tigers and Lions game. We could end up in the potential position where a loss to Carlton will send us to 2nd and host West Coast at the G, a win will see us finish 1st and host the Tigers at the G again. Lot of water under the bridge between now and then however if we tanked that final game I'd like to see what the AFL does, if they want to crap on about integrity of the comp then they should address the fact we would have a significant advantage losing and hosting a proper home final against an interstate team or win and host our final at our oppositions home ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will lose to Brisbane up there. If this is the case then I would have thought our round 23 game will be after the Tigers and Lions game. We could end up in the potential position where a loss to Carlton will send us to 2nd and host West Coast at the G, a win will see us finish 1st and host the Tigers at the G again. Lot of water under the bridge between now and then however if we tanked that final game I'd like to see what the AFL does, if they want to crap on about integrity of the comp then they should address the fact we would have a significant advantage losing and hosting a proper home final against an interstate team or win and host our final at our oppositions home ground.

Not very geelong, and I'd be disappointed to see us do it. But would love to see the AFL Squirm over such things.

The round 23 fixture will be announced this evening and according to all reports we will play Carlton on Saturday night, and Tigers/Lions will be on the Sunday.

To put the lid in perspective, if we just look at the last 5 rounds, the top three teams are: Brisbane, Richmond and Essendon,
The next three are Carlton, Bulldogs and WCEagles.
Then comes Hawthorn and us.
We still have to play two teams 'above' us (bolded). On current form we're about 8th, and given that Sydney are ranking only slightly above Gold Coast over the last 5 weeks, maybe that assessment is optimistic.
(...and I'm not normally a glass half empty sort-of-guy!):oops:

I remember what happened when a team tried to manufacture a result in the last round to play us in the first week of the finals as they perceived us as a smaller threat.... ;)

Ranked 2nd last among the footy reporters.
I'm in our local paper tipping comp. Coming first. No doubt because I will never tip against the Cats, pick up a few wins early in the season ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back