Prediction The lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way too early. Good signs but...
We have a tricky run coming up. Starting with Adelaide at home then a few (excuse the pun) 'danger games' .If we are still going OK when we meet, and hopefully, burst the bubble of our recent 'bogeys'- North Melbourne at Etihad mid year, then I will definitely be unscrewing that lid.

Daring to dream.. But like most say, ages to go. Friday should be a cracker and we usually play well interstate.

I have a funny feeling about Collingwood the following week though. Especially if they lose to Brisbane this week. Anyone else getting this vibe?

Everyone's saying how easy our draw is, have you seen the run from rd.11 onwards? GWS, North, Bulldogs, Saints. All at Etihad bar the GWS game.

Easy? Pfft.
Our draw is a joke. Barely leave the state. Play no top 4 sides twice. Getting sides like west coast when they travel on 6 day breaks. There is one challenging 3 week period, then we get a break before Sydney down here.

Our draw is a joke. Barely leave the state. Play no top 4 sides twice. Getting sides like west coast when they travel on 6 day breaks. There is one challenging 3 week period, then we get a break before Sydney down here.

It is a favourable draw no doubt, but playing GWS, Adelaide and the Bulldogs twice seems a lot more difficult now than it did back in November. I actually had tipped all three of those teams to miss finals this year, and while I still think at least one of them will, at the moment they're all in good form.

We come off 3 hard games to an improving Saints outfit - at Etihad again... then have to host Sidanee.

It's going to be a tough 6 weeks.

Daring to dream.. But like most say, ages to go. Friday should be a cracker and we usually play well interstate.
Under Thompson yes, not so much under Scott... in fact I'm quite sure we've been ordinary interstate.

We come off 3 hard games to an improving Saints outfit - at Etihad again... then have to host Sidanee.

It's going to be a tough 6 weeks.
We get a week off between St Kilda and sidanee

I have a funny feeling about Collingwood the following week though. Especially if they lose to Brisbane this week. Anyone else getting this vibe?
That will be a great weekend for Cat fans we get to watch the Dorks get reamed by Sydney on the Friday night and us flog Nathan no flags boys Saturday and see Eddie beetroot head reach boiling point. Delicious.[/QUOTE]

Can't see Collingwood causing us any issues whatsoever. They're really a lost bunch at the moment.

The GWS game will be another cracker though. They man-handled us quite convincingly earlier in the year and this time around, they have Cameron in the team.
Not a team that has feared us either. Had some close contests the past couple of years.

Can't see Collingwood causing us any issues whatsoever. They're really a lost bunch at the moment.

The GWS game will be another cracker though. They man-handled us quite convincingly earlier in the year and this time around, they have Cameron in the team.
Not a team that has feared us either. Had some close contests the past couple of years.

It'll be a good game for sure, because we don't fear them either.

From the sidelines I watched Motlop still working towards fitness, Kersten looking lost, the team still finding its feet, and some ordinary umpiring.

They were all over us, but for yet for all that, we nearly got them.

They get Cameron. We get Kersten, Motlop, Stanley, Hendo and Selwood all hitting their straps after a slow start.

Game on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone's saying how easy our draw is, have you seen the run from rd.11 onwards? GWS, North, Bulldogs, Saints. All at Etihad bar the GWS game.

Easy? Pfft.
The draw has been friendly.
Hawthorn aside we've had time to get our 's**t together' with the new recruits.

I'm not talking about the season so far, I thought I made that pretty clear seeing as I've specifically talked about Rd.11 onwards

Twice now in fact o_O
Later doesn't matter.

If you've had time to get organised.
Get the game plan together. Bank wins. Rest players. It's gold.

And that's where our draw is helping.
If you want to win the flag, you'd want to be better than the other teams anyway.

And I can do that side on bs too o_O

Someone get the punters a lid...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...p/news-story/abb2668648de06047cd87bf149d7ae1f
Geelong now outright favourite for 2016 AFL premiership

The second-placed Cats went into the match as equal favourites with West Coast at $4.50 but have firmed to $3.75 following Saturday’s 44-point win on Saturday, which took their season record to 6-1.

West Coast has drifted out to $5.50, along with Hawthorn.

“Geelong was $15 for this season’s premiership when betting first opened and the signing of Patrick Dangerfield resulted in the Cats shortening into $8 before the opening round,” TAB Sportbet’s Trent Langskaill said.

“Apart from a blip against GWS in Round 2, Geelong has tightened from $6.50 to $3.75 since brushing aside the Brisbane Lions in Round 3.”
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...p/news-story/abb2668648de06047cd87bf149d7ae1f

We are 4th favourite at a number of agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back