Prediction The lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Western Bulldogs are the real contenders this year. I've never seen a side so accomplished in CP's - and they're all 20 odd years old. I don't understand everybody writing off Hawthorn as well; all they need to do is make the finals and they'll dispose of challengers like Trump does Hispanics.

If we can somehow find a way to get over the top of the Doggies this coming weekend we are admittedly on the high path

even if we lose to St Kilda the week after.

I've ripped the lid right off again. Our biggest challenge for the rest of the year will be St.Kilda in 2 weeks time.

1201396-Tin-can-lid-in-the-desert-0.jpg

We need to remain humble.

We started fizzing at the bung here before Carlton & Collingwood put us in our place.

There's no given in this game, and fortunes can change in the blink of an eye on the back of form and injury.

Let's wait until we're deep in the finals before making calls.

Coward, confidence is contagious.

As Vader would say

I find your lack of faith disturbing

#WhatLid?
#ConfidentCatsAreCings
#WeWinWhenItMatters
#NotFlatTrack

Easily, IMO. Look at who each has beaten and lost to.
GWS might be the better team, but the Crows' advantage is that they play well away from home.

Both teams are hard to beat at home, but the Crows are good away too. They're a good chance of winning no matter what ground they play on, and have more finals experience than the Giants. Put them against each other in a Grand Final at the MCG, and Adelaide would have to be favourites to win.

GWS might be the better team, but the Crows' advantage is that they play well away from home.

Both teams are hard to beat at home, but the Crows are good away too. They're a good chance of winning no matter what ground they play on, and have more finals experience than the Giants. Put them against each other in a Grand Final at the MCG, and Adelaide would have to be favourites to win.
Not for mine. GWS has a gap on them.

ZeSIV9C.jpg

A 46-point gap?
Yet GWS beat Sydney. Quite pointless making overall assessments of strength based off 1 H2H matchup. By that logic we're worse than Carlton but we all know we're not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At home, quite possibly. At the MCG, I'd have GWS by 3-4 goals.
Hard to tell, as both teams have only played the one game at the MCG this season.

But from what we've seen, we know that Adelaide can beat Hawthorn there with a bit of fair umpiring, and GWS are prone to losing to Melbourne there. Not a great sample size, but...

Hard to tell, as both teams have only played the one game at the MCG this season.

But from what we've seen, we know that Adelaide can beat Hawthorn there with a bit of fair umpiring, and GWS are prone to losing to Melbourne there. Not a great sample size, but...
My point is the MCG is a neutral venue; unlike the AO.

I rate GWS a 3-4 goal better side, all else equal.

Just for you lid types... Back to outright flag faves after Sydney's loss. :D

View attachment 256201

So, the Eagles who can't/struggle to win on the road, get embarrassed at home against the Crows but are still seen as a better flag chance then North o_O

North really aren't rated by those outside the North fan base are they.

So, the Eagles who can't/struggle to win on the road, get embarrassed at home against the Crows but are still seen as a better flag chance then North o_O

West Coast would have had a lot of money put on them over the summer on the back of 2015.

You will raise the ire of the shoulder chips with such talk. ;)

My point is the MCG is a neutral venue; unlike the AO.

I rate GWS a 3-4 goal better side, all else equal.
And my point is that while the MCG is a neutral venue, it doesn't mean the two sides play it equally well.

If they did play at the 'G, I wouldn't be certain about Adelaide winning at all. I just feel like they would have an edge, however small, over the Giants. Could certainly be wrong, but that's my judgement based on performances so far.

Melbourne-Adelaide and Carlton-Adelaide will both add further MCG experience to the Crows (even if neither opponent is particularly challenging), while the Giants have no future matches scheduled there. We should be more informed by Round 17.

And my point is that while the MCG is a neutral venue, it doesn't mean the two sides play it equally well.

If they did play at the 'G, I wouldn't be certain about Adelaide winning at all. I just feel like they would have an edge, however small, over the Giants. Could certainly be wrong, but that's my judgement based on performances so far.

Melbourne-Adelaide and Carlton-Adelaide will both add further MCG experience to the Crows (even if neither opponent is particularly challenging), while the Giants have no future matches scheduled there. We should be more informed by Round 17.
Let's ignore the MCG then.

GWS is a 3-4 goal better team IMO. :D

Let's ignore the MCG then.

GWS is a 3-4 goal better team IMO. :D
;)

GWS are the better team at a completely neutral venue like Alice Springs? That's good for them, considering their latest home final proposal...

;)

GWS are the better team at a completely neutral venue like Alice Springs? That's good for them, considering their latest home final proposal...
Smart from GWS, teams who make "The Alice" their home ground win trophies :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back