Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Monbulk, Upwey, Strathmore, St Alba
Not sure about the tossing the lid...

We're a little bit like the Swans and Blues at the moment...

Struggling to beat a team above us on the ladder.
Yep! I look at all the teams above us on the ladder atm and we not beaten any of them.
Might have to cancel my membership..... :eek:

Mac Cat

Debutant
Sep 29, 2008
Newcastle
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cooks Hill FC, Newcastle Jets
This is a thread just waiting to bite us on the bum down the track! As a long time Geelong supporter you learn to enjoy the good times...and to not get too far ahead of yourself. It too often ends in tears. They are looking like a chance at this stage, but I do worry about how the young guys will be travelling come round 20. Dont mean to sound like a boring old fart but there is a looong way to go.

xtatik222k

Club Legend
May 24, 2008
australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't put those thoughts into the knees of our beautiful squad
I'm just conscious of how brutal the game can be and how quickly things can change - especially in events that are completely out of our control. We've seen what's happened to Richmond with some bad injuries. What would happen to us if Danger, Ablett and Hawkins were gone for the year? It's just silly to be talking about finals at this stage of the season. The only game anyone should be talking about is the next one against the Roos ;)

Love your confidence after a quarter of the season played. Competition is closer than ever. We're a few ACLs away from being written off. So is everyone else.
I understand that, losing multiple key players for the year would have huge ramifications. The point I'm trying to express is that any wins for the rest of the year will be less impressive in terms of opponent from here. The competition isn't closer than ever. The gap between the top 3 sides and the rest seems alot wider than previous years.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
This is a thread just waiting to bite us on the bum down the track! As a long time Geelong supporter you learn to enjoy the good times...and to not get too far ahead of yourself. It too often ends in tears. They are looking like a chance at this stage, but I do worry about how the young guys will be travelling come round 20. Dont mean to sound like a boring old fart but there is a looong way to go.

Yep......following the Cats over the years has definitely taught us to enjoy the moment, but be pragmatic.

We're only just about to complete the first third of the season - there's still a LONG way to go, and so much can happen. I'm enjoying the ride, don't worry about that, but I'll wait til we're in the shadows of the finals, and carrying good form and minimal injuries, before I let excitement start rocking the lid.

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep......following the Cats over the years has definitely taught us to enjoy the moment, but be pragmatic.

We're only just about to complete the first third of the season - there's still a LONG way to go, and so much can happen. I'm enjoying the ride, don't worry about that, but I'll wait til we're in the shadows of the finals, and carrying good form and minimal injuries, before I let excitement start rocking the lid.

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
You're in good company. Those of us who have been around for the 60's will never forget.

Not entirely sure where to put this, but late last year, Mick Malthouse and Wayne Carey were put the question "Geelong or Sydney". Interesting to see how things have panned out since.

I have remember watching that asking what duck was smoking. Have watched several times since

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pavlovs Cat

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwood, Aston Villa
Not sure about the lid, but maybe we should loosen it a little. All day long I've been hearing how Collingwood are the best side in the competition and our wins are regularly devalued by pundits and nuffies alike. If you listen to these flapping jowls you will even hear criticism directed at us for failing to win finals during the minor round or that our home ground is a cheat ground because their team isn't good enough to win there.

Ifthe fans can't purr, who can? It is our duty to get ahead of ourselves, just as long as the club doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back