The lid

Remove this Banner Ad

edzo

Debutant
Aug 19, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
does anybody feel the lid is firmly on? did anybody see them singing the song after the game they treated it just like another game. glad to see us back at our dominating best :)

I was guilty of taking the lid off far too early last year and had my nose well and truly rubbed in it on that last day. This year, it feels like we had to and have to work much harder to get there, against lots of doubt and injury. It would be the most satisfying moment to come out on top this year. LID- yes it's on, but I can see plenty light being let into the bin. GO GEEEEEES!

Definately - there was a very noticeable difference in the cats and saints post match celebrations.

Exactly. If you were to listen to the two songs in isolation, you'd have thought Geelong had just won a H&A match against Richmond and St.Kilda won a grand final after being down by 20 points at 3/4 time.

Diference probably was a few things

1) our game was close, yours was over by 3qtr time.
2) our first GF with this list, your 3rd

Both teams are professionals, and i think neither has 'played their GF' already.

Diference probably was a few things

1) our game was close, yours was over by 3qtr time.
2) our first GF with this list, your 3rd

Both teams are professionals, and i think neither has 'played their GF' already.

We're not accusing the Saints of anything, the cats were just as pumped to get through in 07.. just noticing the cats last night were well aware that the job was only half done.

No need to blow the lid off but lets get excited, gf appearances will not be around forever. Lets enjoy it!:thumbsu:

I gave my spray to a lippy pies supporter, cheered the boys off and then put my lid firmly back on. We are underdogs this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back