List Mgmt. The List Manager

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Terry 'The List Manager' Wallace coming up on SEN at 11am and focusing on none other than the St.Kilda Football Club.

Use this thread to discuss his comments which are sure to be entertaining.

Greg Denham has our back, and I think we have KB on our side too, but definitely not Wallace..

Will make for interesting discussion!

Getting in early -

"I like what the club has done in getting a balance to their list but I don't see any real A Graders to take them to that next level."

"They have got a good young forward setup but I wonder if they will be able to handle the load once Riewoldt retires, probably at the end of this year."

"Jake Carlisle has a heap of talent but he missed a whole year of footy. With Sam Fisher gone and Goddard injured Carlisle is going to be asked to step right in and be the man in that backline and that's alot of pressure for a bloke coming in with some question marks on his behavior and attitude."

"Im not sure who Jake Long is but another half back flanker doesn't really seem to be what they needed in this draft."

"Jack Billings needs to step up. We've seen Bont win a flag for his team and the Saints took this guy one pick earlier. He hasn't shown a heap and he has played a few games so he is one that needs to carry the load.

"I think they will be in a holding pattern, see where the Hawks pick lands them and hope Riewoldt plays on next year. They will finish in that 9th to 12th bracket again which is fine for where their list is at."

"Next year they will be hoping to get one of Fyfe or Martin. It might cost them a pick and someone like a Jack Billings but do you pull that trigger and say 'We want to play finals'?"

Per #1_pigeonracer -

"They delisted Tom Lee over the off season after paying pick 12 for him a couple of years back. They seem to have done ok in the draft since then but that Pick 12 could have been an A Grader that took them to the finals this year."

Last edited:
215935-terry-wallace.jpg

"Best in the business"

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
In terms of where the Saints are at as a footy club I sorta kind of reckon they might need to look at pulling the trigger on a franchise transaction. Maybe with a flip flop of late picks to sort of balance that transaction out.

Masquerade

All Australian
Mar 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Getting in early -

"I like what the club has done in getting a balance to their list but I don't see any real A Graders to take them to that next level."

"They have got a good young forward setup but I wonder if they will be able to handle the load once Riewoldt retires, probably at the end of this year."

"Jake Carlisle has a heap of talent but he missed a whole year of footy. With Sam Fisher gone and Goddard injured Carlisle is going to be asked to step right in and be the man in that backline and that's alot of pressure for a bloke coming in with some question marks on his behavior and attitude."

"Im not sure who Jake Long is but another half back flanker doesn't really seem to be what they needed in this draft."

"Jack Billings needs to step up. We've seen Bont win a flag for his team and the Saints took this guy one pick earlier. He hasn't shown a heap and he has played a few games so he is one that needs to carry the load.

"I think they will be in a holding pattern, see where the Hawks pick lands them and hope Riewoldt plays on next year. They will finish in that 9th to 12th bracket again which is fine for where their list is at."

"Next year they will be hoping to get one of Fyfe or Martin. It might cost them a pick and someone like a Jack Billings but do you pull that trigger and say 'We want to play finals'?"

Per #1_pigeonracer -

"They delisted Tom Lee over the off season after paying pick 12 for him a couple of years back. They seem to have done ok in the draft since then but that Pick 12 could have been an A Grader that took them to the finals this year."

The bolded bits I can understand. How we answer those doubts/questions over the next 2 years will go a long way in determining whether we win a falg or just do a North/Richmond.

The rest is all rubbish.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm listening in. Gonna be interesting

"Jake Carlisle has a heap of talent but he missed a whole year of footy...."
Yes apparently this is a real issue.

Although the Bombers with a dozen or so players who have missed a whole year of footy are a chance to play finals and even win the flag according to some "media experts" :rolleyes:

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Here we go......

crasha301

worm farmer
Sep 21, 2014
The Farm
AFL Club
St Kilda
Getting in early -

Per #1_pigeonracer -

He'd also name curren in our best 22.

So uhh.. KB just said Bye to Wallace and announced Jon Ralph for after the news.

Terry pull the plug after reading this thread? Obviously tried to scan the board for his ideas, saw this and chickened out.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm in meetings all day. So a run down would be great

I had a phone call after the first segment so can't comment past that. Maybe others can fill the gaps. But according to wallace:

Positives:

Very good culture
Everybody happy
Attractive brand of play
A very nice forward line (can't recall the exact working but something like it being potentially one of the best in the league)
Did well out of the trade period last year. He gave us an A at the time.

Cons:

Depth in the midfield maybe isn't up to where it needs to be to challenge bulldogs and GWS. He went through the mids and reckons we need a true A grader which we don't have yet

Has concerns whether Carlisle and brown can gel well enough to make a difference
As such- he worries about our midfield and defence

Reckons people underestimate how hard it is to make that next step from outside the 8 to make finals (probably the voice of experience from his time at ninth-mond)

Had us just outside the 8 which he reckons is good for where the list is at. Reckons we are finalists from next year onwards.

Reckons we are in a good position with the 2 draft picks to go after a big fish and expects us to land one. Didn't say who tho.

Overall, I actually didn't think he was as negative as I expected. But- he has us outside the 8 so he can get stuffed! :D

Last edited:

SaintRick88

Team Captain
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
So uhh.. KB just said Bye to Wallace and announced Jon Ralph for after the news.

Terry pull the plug after reading this thread? Obviously tried to scan the board for his ideas, saw this and chickened out.
Considering that he follows BrianSpeaking on twitter, there would be a good chance that he ventures through these waters...

Back