Coach The Lobbe Lounge - Ruck Coach and Head of Development

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad on a couple of fronts.

One, Lobbe has been a good club man and while his skills seemed to drop after his breakout year, he slugged it out in the SANFL without any complaint and this year showed a level of improvement from last season.

Two, this thread, started by Toots, will no longer get bumped to show his avatar. :(

Sad on a couple of fronts.

One, Lobbe has been a good club man and while his skills seemed to drop after his breakout year, he slugged it out in the SANFL without any complaint and this year showed a level of improvement from last season.

Two, this thread, started by Toots, will no longer get bumped to show his avatar. :(
Yes, his attitude has been exemplary. Will miss Lobbe, the man.

Don’t know if I’ve missed anything but has there been any talk of him moving to a different club or is the club looking to delist him?

FWIW since Trengove is now gone I’d like to see him stay as backup but that’s my personal opinion

Don’t know if I’ve missed anything but has there been any talk of him moving to a different club or is the club looking to delist him?

FWIW since Trengove is now gone I’d like to see him stay as backup but that’s my personal opinion
Moving on, he’d be totally kept as back up if we hadn’t paid him more than we should have.

Keeping this thread current at least for the time being.

Lobbes has been a unique and integral part of recent PAFC history.

From his recruitment as a potential CHF, to leading the ruck division without support through an entire season up to a prelim final, to battling for an AFL team spot; Matthew's journey has been a most 'Interesting' one.

I believe Lobbe investigating opportunities to play AFL football at another club is a wise move. Just as it is sensible that Port concentrate on the development of the younger ruckmen on its playing list.

I'm hoping Matthew has the opportunity to continue his AFL career. Any prospective new club would be safe in the knowledge that Matthew would always give 100%.

Keeping this thread current at least for the time being.

Lobbes has been a unique and integral part of recent PAFC history.

From his recruitment as a potential CHF, to leading the ruck division without support through an entire season up to a prelim final, to battling for an AFL team spot; Matthew's journey has been a most 'Interesting' one.

I believe Lobbe investigating opportunities to play AFL football at another club is a wise move. Just as it is sensible that Port concentrate on the development of the younger ruckmen on its playing list.

I'm hoping Matthew has the opportunity to continue his AFL career. Any prospective new club would be safe in the knowledge that Matthew would always give 100%.
It’s a damn shame that he couldn’t develop into a power house ruckman we all hoped he’d be. I think a move to a new club is exactly what he needs. As I said it’s a shame cause our ruck stocks are thin & with Ryder going through the courts we may really miss him.

It’s a damn shame that he couldn’t develop into a power house ruckman we all hoped he’d be. I think a move to a new club is exactly what he needs. As I said it’s a shame cause our ruck stocks are thin & with Ryder going through the courts we may really miss him.
As soon as there was the Ryder incident and the appearance date was set at 15 November I did not want to lose Lobbe. I can understand him wanting to move on but I wish a late trade could be approved in these circumstances.

I had really high hopes for the Lobster especially after Toots made this thread. After our 2014 season I was stoked with him and thought we had another Primus like champ. Who knows what happened after. His form and confidence seemed shattered. Mirrored the team. No criticism from me. I wish you all the best Matty Lobster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do I but the melting is amazing. geoffa has now become an AFL list manager and salary expert all in one since RockLop dejected his lovely boy franchise.
If I go over there I'll be too tempted to throw some cheeky likes on some posts ;) they're a sensitive bunch, so it could mean a holiday, which I don't want during the trade period haha.

General Manager – Football, Chris Davies said Lobbe would bring a fresh perspective but with a familiar voice to the coaching unit, taking on the title of ruck coach.

“Matthew understands the environment and expectations we have at Port Adelaide and will work well with our ruck group,” Davies said.

“He has been working with the midfield group at Werribee for the last couple of years, on top of his day job at AFL Players Association, which has given him valuable experience on and off the field.

“We look forward to welcoming him back in the coming weeks.”

Last edited:
Should of got Sam Jacobs, he can actually ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back