Coach The Lobbe Lounge - Ruck Coach and Head of Development

Remove this Banner Ad

Greg Stafford wasn't exactly Polly Farmer and he turned Max Gawn into the best ruck in the league...

Was it Greg Stafford's car that Adam Heuskes hid fish in the door panels until it stunk him out?

At 32 could lobbe do a Goldsack and play as a emergency top up in the sanfl?
I'd rather he didn't. Visentini looks big and angry enough to play as a state league ruck.

Thought about Lobbe's role a bit yesterday. I reckon ruck coaching is a small part of his overall job description as he - "will take on a dual coaching and football operations role." Shaun's role at the club was described by Richo as - "Part of his role will be in football operations where Shaun will assist with list management and provide mentoring and leadership for our entire playing group." He also is the designation Indigenous Liason officer role the AFL funds at each club. So Shaun isn't doing admin stuff.

Dean Brogan was only part time and we cut him as part of the Footy operations cuts imposed by the AFL. He was and still is the full time manager of SA division of EFEX an IT Services/Solutions/Security firm in over a dozen locations in Oz.

Why give a ruck coach a fulltime job when it's probably only going to take a few hours a week?

So if Lobster's role is mainly in footy admin, he might be being groomed as CD's 2IC and to take over whenever CD moves on.

CD has been in the current role since about August 2014. I reckon Richo will only be around for 4 or 5 years as CEO, after nearly 20 at Port before he took over from KT, and when he goes, CD will apply for the CEO's job, if the AFL don't pinch him before that. 2024 will mean a decade as Footy Ops boss at Port and probably time for a new challenge.

If Neil Balme is the benchmark for Footy Ops managers, he spent 6 or 7 years at Collingwood, 8 or 9 at Geelong and the last 6 at Richmond, but has moved off to a lesser role the last 12-18 months.

Lobbe's last 2 years post retiring has been at the AFLPA where his job was to manage the accredited player agents. That gives him a decent insight into that part of the industry. CD worked at the Australian Cricketers Association before he became CEO of WWT and then 2 years as GM Footy Ops at the SANFL before we pinched him.

Thought about Lobbe's role a bit yesterday. I reckon ruck coaching is a small part of his overall job description as he - "will take on a dual coaching and football operations role." Shaun's role at the club was described by Richo as - "Part of his role will be in football operations where Shaun will assist with list management and provide mentoring and leadership for our entire playing group." He also is the designation Indigenous Liason officer role the AFL funds at each club. So Shaun isn't doing admin stuff.

Dean Brogan was only part time and we cut him as part of the Footy operations cuts imposed by the AFL. He was and still is the full time manager of SA division of EFEX an IT Services/Solutions/Security firm in over a dozen locations in Oz.

Why give a ruck coach a fulltime job when it's probably only going to take a few hours a week?

So if Lobster's role is mainly in footy admin, he might be being groomed as CD's 2IC and to take over whenever CD moves on.

CD has been in the current role since about August 2014. I reckon Richo will only be around for 4 or 5 years as CEO, after nearly 20 at Port before he took over from KT, and when he goes, CD will apply for the CEO's job, if the AFL don't pinch him before that. 2024 will mean a decade as Footy Ops boss at Port and probably time for a new challenge.

If Neil Balme is the benchmark for Footy Ops managers, he spent 6 or 7 years at Collingwood, 8 or 9 at Geelong and the last 6 at Richmond, but has moved off to a lesser role the last 12-18 months.

Lobbe's last 2 years post retiring has been at the AFLPA where his job was to manage the accredited player agents. That gives him a decent insight into that part of the industry. CD worked at the Australian Cricketers Association before he became CEO of WWT and then 2 years as GM Footy Ops at the SANFL before we pinched him.
Is it a way of splitting their wage into footy department spend and administrative spend so part is not counted in the soft cap REH?

Is it a way of splitting their wage into footy department spend and administrative spend so part is not counted in the soft cap REH?
Its all soft cap as everything he does is footy department expenditure related. CD's wage is all part of the $6.5mil cap on footy department expenditure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is some kind of joke isnt it, the guy would have the worst record of any starting ruckman in the past 30 years of the afl wouldnt he?

Matt Harry McKay Lobbe

Sad on a couple of fronts.

One, Lobbe has been a good club man and while his skills seemed to drop after his breakout year, he slugged it out in the SANFL without any complaint and this year showed a level of improvement from last season.

Two, this thread, started by Toots, will no longer get bumped to show his avatar. :(
So what was the first thing I saw when I opened the thread. He's still with us. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back