The Longest Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2012
Waiting for Josh Kelly #2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Am on another footy forum and we have a thread called 'The Longest Thread'. Basically a place to just talk s**t, air your thoughts and seek opinions from other posters. Keep footy/sport talk at a minimum. If the idea kicks off, we could have up to 50 pages of dribble in no time. :p

I'll start. I just heard my dog barking frantically but didn't think anything of it because my dad was also outside pottering around. Next thing he was yelling and screaming for me to come outside and told me where was a snake on the front verandah. I ran and got the shovel, barefooted mind you with a snake on the loose, and then I finally saw where it was. It was behind a fence, with one of our cats sniffing at it. Dad told me to throw a nearby boot at it, I did and it quickly uncoiled itself and started hissing and slithering towards me. Luckily dad hammered it with the shovel until it was dead. I did s**t myself though, first time i've really encountered a snake other than driving past one on the road. It was a brownie, it was bloody big too, not overly long but so thick and wide. Sorta have the creeps now as we have had a snake in the house 10 years ago or so and this one was so close to the front door which has a small hole in the corner due to a broken piece of flywire. :confused:

Anyone had similar experiences with snakes?

Yep, very similar experience a few years ago, actually talked about it in the Pets thread over summer. I've always sort of left snakes alone, you know live and let live, but my attitude sure changed in a hurry when the (fairly small) snake was on our back deck. I was in the back yard not far from the deck and spotted the snake and our Lab Archie not far from it, Archie hadn't spotted it yet. I yelled out to the missus to come and get the dog.......no reponse, I yelled again "come and get the dog, there's a snake" she was there in 7 milliseconds. Once Archie was out of the way, said snake was "relocated" with a shovel. We have a few acres of bushland behind our house, but in 13 years here, that is the only snake we've seen.

Yeah i'm surprised our dog was able to spot it and was worried enough to bark at it. Funny, he has many barks: barks when he's excited, barks when he's hungry, barks when there's someone driving around our property, barks when cats are fighting, but i've never heard this type of bark before. He's definitely a good boy, and the good thing is he stayed to the side while Dad and I handled it.

On another topic, I got given a can of VB after my footy match last weekend. Since i'm on my red P's, I need a BAC of 0 so I decided to take it home and put it in the fridge and enjoy it that weekend. It's still there as I haven't had time to drink it and that night I had to go out so couldn't crack it. Thinking about having it tonight, but not sure what to expect. Have heard VB is s**t and that beer out of a can is s**t, so can I expect this to be utterly terrible?

You can expect it to be absolute shite, but then again you Victorians do seem to be in love with our James Boags, known to us here in Tas as just Boags, that stuff has been the staple of the older generation in Northern Tas for a hundred years and as far as I, and most everybody I know, is concerned it is crap. Some beer is ok from the can though.

It's not how long it is, but what you do with it that counts.........apparently.

Thread not performing in either area, but is only young and needs to be given time to develop.

On another topic, I got given a can of VB after my footy match last weekend. Since i'm on my red P's, I need a BAC of 0 so I decided to take it home and put it in the fridge and enjoy it that weekend. It's still there as I haven't had time to drink it and that night I had to go out so couldn't crack it. Thinking about having it tonight, but not sure what to expect. Have heard VB is s**t and that beer out of a can is s**t, so can I expect this to be utterly terrible?

VB is great if your thirsty. I dont drink it very often

Carlton dry is my beer of choice but i much prefer johnny walker as drink of choice

VB is great if your thirsty. I dont drink it very often

Carlton dry is my beer of choice but i much prefer johnny walker as drink of choice

I like most beer, especially when thirsty. I have only ever had one beer that I truly hated, a Greek beer named Mythos :thumbsdown:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Local footy grand final tomorrow, it's going to be my first ever final, let alone granny. Looking forward to it. :thumbsu: the team we are up against has lost one game for the year, and that was to us in the Qualifying Final, so it's a pretty even-money game. They wear North colours so tomorrow will be the only time I really hope the royal blue and white team lose. :p

Local footy grand final tomorrow, it's going to be my first ever final, let alone granny. Looking forward to it. :thumbsu: the team we are up against has lost one game for the year, and that was to us in the Qualifying Final, so it's a pretty even-money game. They wear North colours so tomorrow will be the only time I really hope the royal blue and white team lose. :p
Best of luck, how did you manage to get a game in the granny without playing in any other finals?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4

Ended up losing by 16 points after kicking the first seven goals of the game. The team in North colours ended up over-running us completely, how ****** is that!? This season of footy can go to hell.
Oh s**t, bad luck mate, that sucks. You having a mad monday?

Ended up losing by 16 points after kicking the first seven goals of the game. The team in North colours ended up over-running us completely, how ****** is that!? This season of footy can go to hell.

As much as losing a granny would suck, at least you have had an opportunity to play in one.

I've been playing footy since I was 12 (I'm 25 now) and the best I have had was a prelim in under 17s and an elim final when I was 20.

I could only wish to make a granny before my career is over.

Best of luck for next season S2A

As much as losing a granny would suck, at least you have had an opportunity to play in one.

I've been playing footy since I was 12 (I'm 25 now) and the best I have had was a prelim in under 17s and an elim final when I was 20.

I could only wish to make a granny before my career is over.

Best of luck for next season S2A

Thanks mate, as I said above it was my first final full stop, but it is definitely going to spur me on next year. Best wishes to yourself. Two years ago I thought playing in a Grand Final was a pipe-dream. It can change quickly.

Thanks mate, as I said above it was my first final full stop, but it is definitely going to spur me on next year. Best wishes to yourself. Two years ago I thought playing in a Grand Final was a pipe-dream. It can change quickly.

When does preseason start for you Spitta2Azza ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back