Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

There is no worse supporter base on BF and it just makes it mind numbingly frustrating that we can’t beat them.

They seem to not know much about the current state of affairs.

Have a bloke on the Bay trolling about crowd numbers despite ours being higher than theirs for the last 5 years or so LOL.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Slightly relevant, but I've been thinking about my interactions with all the Norf fans this past week. Of all the clubs' supporters on Bigfooty, I find Norf fans to be the most whining, niggling nuffies on here. By the far the worst when it comes to sh*t talking after wins and crying after losses. I'm all up for banter and taunts before the game and for a day after with a win, but the crying whiners at Norf just never shut up.

Ironically, I always seem surprised by interactions with Collingwood fans.... generally pretty well thought out posts, relatively humble in victory and direct the hatred inward after a loss.

Quoting this for accuracy, still relevant today.

Just win Melbourne. Please.

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Yeah, North Melbourne, not our club, North Melbourne.;)

We got deep into siege mentality a few years ago, but nothing compared to them. They are footy's equivalent of the pre-fire Waco compound.

One of the Norf supporters on their preview thread.

It looks as though Gawn will be expected to go one out for the entire game. The Dees will up s**t creek if he has issues. Happy to see them drop the underrated Pederson.

At the other end of the ground, Hogan played a real good game last week, but Tarrant and Thompson have had best 5 performances in the first two games of the season.

Gawn had zero issues. Toddy looks to have his fair share though. As does that absolute liability Daw!

Hogan was best on ground and Thompson trailed him all day, culminating in a round arm slap to Hoges face because he literally had his pants pulled down

2nd rounder + Tarrant to Collingwood for pick ~5 & 2019 1st rounder (we pay salary)
Goldstein & Hrovat to Geelong for pick ~13 & 31 (we pay Goldy's salary)
Turner to GWS (2019 2nd + 3rd rounder)
Cunnington to Essendon for pick 8 and 2019 1st Round
Atley free agency compo (pick 20)
3rd rounder + MacMillan to St.Kilda for pick 24
Mountford to West Coast for 2019 (2nd or 3rd Round)

LOL! The only one of those close to reality is the Cunnington trade.

LOL! The only one of those close to reality is the Cunnington trade.
North would be insane to trade out Cunnington. He's their Nathan Jones. Youth will never come good without role models like him to show the way.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
It's actually interesting that that's a line Roos fans would be keen to go down, given the media scrutiny St Kilda have been put under the last few weeks for doing exactly that at the start of this rebuild, and moving on the players they could get something for clearing out their TPP and hitting the draft. Roosy was pretty big on it on On The Couch the other night, in pretty clearly saying that just doesn't work ... the youth needs support, and old mate has just traded out their support.

DeesFanTheMan

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs, NUFC
Think it’s time to rebuild now.
We’re lucky Sloane wants to go.. there’s another first rounder in this super draft.
Such a shame with the amount of talent we’ve had come through.
Think we need to start looking at when Laird and Matt Crouch start hitting 27-28 is when we will be challenging next.
This doomsdayer over on the crows board, lol!

This doomsdayer over on the crows board, lol!
The entire board has lit up over there, especially the Collingwood game thread. Want Pyke gone, Tex last year as captain, sell off most of the players, but they haven't got around to realising their pick in next years draft is currently closer to Rankin than ours that they get. Love it.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Going through the Carlton game day thread is lovely but I spotted this late in the game "make no mistake North is a very good football team"
I mean, to be fair, at this point, they’re looking a middle 6 team at the moment ... the bottom part of it, but they’re still looking better than at least 6 others at this point

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hawks Game day board:
Melbourne will not like these conditions if they continue.
They have a few players who don't like to get there hands dirty and I suspect this will assist us greatly.

I wonder if some people even watch other games besides their own teams.

Hawks Game day board:
They have a few players who don't like to get there hands dirty and I suspect this will assist us greatly.

Well, to be fair.... :'(

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Hawks Game day board:

Ummm....

Hawks Game day board:

congratulations-you-played-yourself-27563029.png

The Lever thread over on the Crows board is a good read.
Obviously as expected, they are taking great delight in the fact he's yet to settle in but this one from a while back gave me a good chuckle..

Literally the last place I'd go to with Tex Walker, is a war.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Obviously as expected, they are taking great delight in the fact he's yet to settle in but this one from a while back gave me a good chuckle..

I wouldn't even go to the Boxing Day Sales with Tex.

That or a classroom

Back