Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

I was listening to SEN today, and while there were a number of contenders to make it into this thread, all of them Richmond supporters either complaining about the umpiring against Rance, or complaining about other callers who said mean things about him ... there was one bloke who absolutely took the cake.

He called in, and prefaced the reason for his call as potentially a controversial point ... but he was adamant that, given NicNat was suspended for his driving tackle that knocked out ... someone, that Buddy should absolutely be suspended for his tackle on Conca that saw him injure his ankle. When asked his for supporting evidence for this hypothesis, citing that that NicNat was suspended for his his tackling action which sought to drive the head and inflict pain, the caller thought that Buddy being a big guy, and the tackle causing an injury was plenty of evidence. The bewilderment in the voices of Andy Maher and Adam Cooney while they quickly told him he was wrong and moved on was great.

I was listening to SEN today, and while there were a number of contenders to make it into this thread, all of them Richmond supporters either complaining about the umpiring against Rance, or complaining about other callers who said mean things about him ... there was one bloke who absolutely took the cake.

He called in, and prefaced the reason for his call as potentially a controversial point ... but he was adamant that, given NicNat was suspended for his driving tackle that knocked out ... someone, that Buddy should absolutely be suspended for his tackle on Conca that saw him injure his ankle. When asked his for supporting evidence for this hypothesis, citing that that NicNat was suspended for his his tackling action which sought to drive the head and inflict pain, the caller thought that Buddy being a big guy, and the tackle causing an injury was plenty of evidence. The bewilderment in the voices of Andy Maher and Adam Cooney while they quickly told him he was wrong and moved on was great.

They are legitimately the dumbest supporter base in the competition.

Trading McKay is an interesting hypothetical if Lukosius is in our plans. Something like:

Carlton
Out: McKay
In: Shiel

Pies
Out: Moore
In: McKay

Swans
Out: first pick
In: Moore

GWS
Out: Shiel
In: Swans first pick

Freo Angus brayshaw, Jayden hunt, melb 2018 second round, melb 2018 third round
Melb. Freo 2019 first round
We may need to add Hogan to get the deal over the line.

Some paraphrasing and combining of posts from Carlton's List Management thread ...

But because they aren't asking for a Priority Pick, they're definitely going to get one, and that pick will help them land Gus Brayshaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL! This is an amazing find Tulip.

Do they have the goddamn common courtesy to give us a reach around?

Fixed.

Damn i just watched Full Metal jacket yesterday.

Shame we lost Lee earlier this year, probably the greatest improvised performance of all time

Damn i just watched Full Metal jacket yesterday.

Shame we lost Lee earlier this year, probably the greatest improvised performance of all time

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?

Recruits: Sir, yes Sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit, I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair!

Recruits: SIR, YES SIR!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day, you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human ******* beings. You are nothing but unorganized grab-asstic pieces of amphibian s**t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on fellows, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?

Bloody hell I can't believe he committed to ad-lib that to memory. Well considering he was in the military maybe its all natural.

How tall are you PerfectFooty?

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be "Sir". Do you maggots understand that?

Recruits: Sir, yes Sir.

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit, I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair!

Recruits: SIR, YES SIR!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day, you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human ******* beings. You are nothing but unorganized grab-asstic pieces of amphibian s**t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on fellows, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?

Bloody hell I can't believe he committed to ad-lib that to memory. Well considering he was in the military maybe its all natural.

How tall are you PerfectFooty?
Kubric was such a perfectionist with his films, but a testament to Lee, many of his scenes where done in a few takes. Really excelled playing his part that even Kubric just let him loose. I remember him saying the only scene they did over and over again was the one where he finds a donut in Pyle's stuff, they had to film the next day because he lost his voice

I'm around 194cm, or near 6'4 in the old. Yes i know, i wasn't aware they stacked s**t that high

Kubric was such a perfectionist with his films, but a testament to Lee, many of his scenes where done in a few takes. Really excelled playing his part that even Kubric just let him loose. I remember him saying the only scene they did over and over again was the one where he finds a donut in Pyle's stuff, they had to film the next day because he lost his voice

I'm around 194cm, or near 6'4 in the old. Yes i know, i wasn't aware they stacked s**t that high

On SBS I remember they had on every night of the week a Kubrick film. Talk about versatility! I mean not one film looked alike and yet they still shared the Kubrick signature.

Hmmmm, 194cms. If you were to play a position which would it be. Are you skinny like Joker or chubby like Pyle or a tank like Animal Mother.

Speaking of Pyle: DYK that Vincent Donofrio had put on 70-80lbs for the role? Apparently 40lbs wasn't enough because he still looked like an arse-kicker.

On SBS I remember they had on every night of the week a Kubrick film. Talk about versatility! I mean not one film looked alike and yet they still shared the Kubrick signature.

Hmmmm, 194cms. If you were to play a position which would it be. Are you skinny like Joker or chubby like Pyle or a tank like Animal Mother.

Speaking of Pyle: DYK that Vincent Donofrio had put on 70-80lbs for the role? Apparently 40lbs wasn't enough because he still looked like an arse-kicker.
I'm the Pyle of local football. Big and Clumsy.

I did hear he had to put in wait for the role, He was an unknown until then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back