Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Again sponsored by Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2015
TOUMPASSO LAND
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think that might have been unconnected to the Saints board crackdown - I think there were maybe someone or some people that went after Brad Hill or something
Exactly right, then Brad's lady took the bait:

LOL how bad must they be when Freo supporters are considered civilised in comparison.

And I'm sorry Sammy, but I just don't think Freo would be interested right now.

Suck sh*t Saint Kilda, what a lovely start to the weekend.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Exactly right, then Brad's lady took the bait:

I'm sorry Sammy, but I just don't think Freo would be interested right now.
Crikey. No wonder Saints marketing are getting antsy. Their gun recruit now has partner on the scene working to alienate the fan base!

BTW I didn’t see what she was responding to, and no doubt it was dreadful, but their PR team must have gone a massive, unilateral groan

Crimson Azure

Jul 16, 2007
Mariana Trench
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Lamb on the spit
If Crimson Azure ran his ship like this over the years there wouldn’t be a Melbourne board left on Big Footy anymore.
I'm not sure if thats a drive by or a thumbs up. ;)

The MO was generally let everyone go scorched earth then just remove the OTT stuff later. Neeld turned me grey.

Bluelegs

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2012
Robbo's sleeve
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Greenbay Packers
I completely support people publicly posting their over the top meltdowns over the sh*t performances of their preferred football sides, but anyone who actually messages a player or their family members directly on social media to air their grievences has to be a pretty sad individual.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
I completely support people publicly posting their over the top meltdowns over the sh*t performances of their preferred football sides, but anyone who actually messages a player or their family members directly on social media to air their grievences has to be a pretty sad individual.
Agree, but also if you are a family member you are an idiot for wading into the cesspool that is social media. As Proper Gander said you can just imagine the Saints media team cringing.

Bluelegs

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2012
Robbo's sleeve
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Greenbay Packers
Agree, but also if you are a family member you are an idiot for wading into the cesspool that is social media. As Proper Gander said you can just imagine the Saints media team cringing.
If I were a professional footballer I'd only have any kind of social media pressence if it was for business purposes and completely run by a marketing manager. Not worth it at all.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
If I were a professional footballer I'd only have any kind of social media pressence if it was for business purposes and completely run by a marketing manager. Not worth it at all.
Yep, you'd be an idiot to read replies and whatnot.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It would have been a bad moment no doubt. Though to be fair I have no idea what was said but believe it was pretty abhorrent.

I think I agree with bluelegs - If I was a highly paid and high profile person in some field that attracted attention I would pay for a media manager to deal with all of that sh*t for me. Getting instant feedback from hysterical fans plus random trolls would drain your spirit pretty quickly. Problem is then you miss the positive parts of social media also - and it’s probably hard work separating young people from their active SM presence since it’s now something that so many people have grown up with

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
The saints v tigers post-match thread on the saints board opens with a moderator telling everyone they'll be thread-banned for excessive criticism or negativy after their 84 point loss followed by a heap of you wot mate posts. There's a thesis above it now explaining his position. The whole thread is pure poetry.
That is fantastic

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Crikey. No wonder Saints marketing are getting antsy. Their gun recruit now has partner on the scene working to alienate the fan base!

BTW I didn’t see what she was responding to, and no doubt it was dreadful, but their PR team must have gone a massive, unilateral groan
Their gun recruit is actually an ordinary over paid plodder

She might be doing the St Kilda brass a favour tbh

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah I agree. Pretty pathetic.
Except that one time I did it after Mathiesons debut where he got like 7 free kicks and I wrote nice ducking floggo on his insta.
I regret nothing.

Grimesy87

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah I agree. Pretty pathetic.
Except that one time I did it after Mathiesons debut where he got like 7 free kicks and I wrote nice ducking floggo on his insta.
I regret nothing.
Met him in a pub over xmas break a few years back.

He is actually a bloody nice bloke surprisingly. He was with Darcy Parish. Probably had 3 or 4 pints together with a few of us.

Darcy Parish had less personality, and only had half of a pint.

In all honesty, he may even sit to pee

MarcMaverick

Chunky Monkey
Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tampa Bay Buccs
I'm not sure if thats a drive by or a thumbs up. ;)

The MO was generally let everyone go scorched earth then just remove the OTT stuff later. Neeld turned me grey.
Neeld could turn 10-year-olds grey

Then again at that point it probably freed up my time so I could be more productive.

Remove this Banner Ad