Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure that's exactly true

Gawn, Hogan, Watts, Garlett, Tyson, Jones, Vince, Viney, Tyson, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, Mcdonald, Jetta, Hibberd, Melksham

Only unknowns really are ANB, Salem, Smith, Frost, Omac and Weid. 2 of those are top 10 picks.

Not saying I agree with other peoples perception, but there's a bit of this out there. Not sure the more casual footy fans would definitely have heard or care about quite a few of the players you list there. We haven't been on free to air TV much either so there's more than a few general footy fans who just don't see the players.

Gawn, Hogan, Watts, Garlett, Tyson, Jones, Vince, Viney, Tyson, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, Mcdonald, Jetta, Hibberd, Melksham

Only unknowns really are ANB, Salem, Smith, Frost, Omac and Weid. 2 of those are top 10 picks.

I guess they probably would know half...

Most opposition supporters still think Watts is hot garbage, Garlett is a useless Carlton giveaway, wouldn't know Tyson, Tyson, Kent, Oliver or Brayshaw and there's a reason why we say Jetta is the league's most underrated player.

I guess they probably would know half...

Most opposition supporters still think Watts is hot garbage, Garlett is a useless Carlton giveaway, wouldn't know Tyson, Tyson, Kent, Oliver or Brayshaw and there's a reason why we say Jetta is the league's most underrated player.
I don't know who the second Tyson is either.

Collingwood's goalkicking accuracy was better with Cloke in the side

giphy.gif

Great call

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Some of what I've seen from Paddy suggests he could be a once in a generation forward. Massive hopes for him he needs a good run of injury though.

The second sentence is true, the first...what.

The St. Kilda gameday thread is like the five stages of grief.

Denial:

I've always been a pretty measured sort of supporter but fair dinkum this Saints team has he jumping around in my lounge room yelling and fist pumping like a lunatic.
We have these campaigners well and truly rattled, just need to get more efficient going forward and this game will be done and dusted by half time.

Paul Roos went from alpha dog to beta cuck by the end of that quarter.

Great stuff.

Anger:

This is pathetic really. ******* pathetic
Pathetic quarter....getting really fed up with the lapses in games.
Discraceful. Nothing acceptable about that quarter.

Bargaining:

I remember a day at Waverley against the dees. It blew a gale towards the dees goals 1st qtr. At qtr time the gale force winds did a complete 180 and again they had a huge advantage. At half time it bucketed rain and stayed raining the rest of the game.

We will still win this imo.
That was s**t.

If we can be cleaner we will win this.
Shocking 2nd quarter but we're basically back square 1. Anyone's game, but we Must start winning it out of the middle again and some conversions in front of goal would be nice too.

Depression:

Holy ******* s**t, melt incoming I cannot deal
I reckon we loose by 200 points at this rate we should have listened to the dude with the reality check. The sky has officially fallen.
Aarrgghhhh not another ******* year
To be fair, the boys must be really tired after such a long season.... Maybe we should've 'managed' more players this week.

I'm so disappointed, the same disappointment I had at times last year. We were beaten on the field, in the coaches box and at the selection table.

It seems we started believing our own BS!

Acceptance:

Yeah...we should have taken Petracca
Seriously tho how goods that fat ranga pig **** Clayton Oliver. GUN

Or as has been suggested here, our mids were absolutely buggered & just couldn't go with the Demons boys because the rotations were ****** with Armo, Newnes, Wright, Webster & Brown all not right & needing repeated medical assessment/treatment from the 2nd quarter onwards.

Personally, I think it was 'The Perfect Storm'... 1) We had a great start & possibly became complacent; 2) we had blokes with niggling medical issues sustained during the game meaning rotations were stuffed; 3) the ball wasn't being bounced meaning Gawn had clear advantage in the ruck; 4) we missed easy set shots, they kicked straight; 5) our heads dropped through frustration & fatigue, they lifted through positive momentum & repetitive scoring play; 6) they played with powerful confidence, we treaded water; 7) we were out-coached

4) we missed easy set shots, they kicked straight

they kicked straight

2) we had blokes with niggling medical issues sustained during the game meaning rotations were stuffed;

Joel Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the time i couldn't tell what was wrong with wright, obviously though seeing vinces cheap shot at the tribunal- he was seeing stars and probably feeling pretty crook.

Both newnes and webster looked to have arm/wrist/shoulder area injuries- they both kept having to come off, wasting rotations (maybe got jabs to get back on?)
They didn't look anywhere near 100% once they did get back, as did brown after his head knock.
Plus roo and armo too of course.

I reckon there could be quite a few forced changes this week, depending on how guys pull up?

Sooooo, everyone was just injured apparently

"At the time i couldn't tell what was wrong with wright, obviously though seeing vinces cheap shot at the tribunal- he was seeing stars and probably feeling pretty crook.

Both newnes and webster looked to have arm/wrist/shoulder area injuries- they both kept having to come off, wasting rotations (maybe got jabs to get back on?)
They didn't look anywhere near 100% once they did get back, as did brown after his head knock.
Plus roo and armo too of course.

I reckon there could be quite a few forced changes this week, depending on how guys pull up?"

It's weird how the internet works. Someone posted this clear speculation, and within a page it is fact and the whole conversation is "okay, we didn't go too badly considering how many players were injured"

I think he forgot Roo got injured in the last 10 minutes when the game was over

Gawn? off for 10 mins and battled through back tightness, was managed for the rest of the match

Viney looked off pace to me all match as well
Yeah but the umpires threw the ball up to help him out ;)

Yeah but the umpires threw the ball up to help him out ;)
Even funnier when all pre season they were crapping on about how Hickey was a superstar and he had towelled up Gawn twice last year.

What the * is a petracca? Some kind of disease?

What the **** is a petracca? Some kind of disease?
Its a mythical beast a super human tank with pace, agility and prowess

[Oliver]'s a good player, but he'll only ever be the puffing billy type, not known for his technical qualities.

Give me Powell-Pepper every day of the week,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back