Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

This is a place for quoting all the completely unreasonable, ridiculous things you see posted elsewhere on BF so we can all have a laugh.

For example:

Weitering looks a better forward than Hogan imo.

He's got everything.

Two rules:

Remove the name and post details of the poster

If you keep their name they'll get an alert.

Don't quote the Doctor

You know who I mean. We don't need his bullshit on here.

Last edited:
Naaaaaaaa **** em. If they make stupid quotes then let them be on record for-ev-er [insert sandlot kids image].
Its more about stopping them from coming in here and being obnoxious.

Hogan is more mature physically than the other players, so in my opinion he has the smallest ceiling. I'd go:

1. Wright
2. Boyd
3. Danniher
4. Moore
5. Hogan
6. McCartin

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk
Seems legit, more physically developed = less ceiling

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
For those who ventured on the MB recently, you'll probably know who this clown is.

"For the life of me I will never understand the hype around this current Melbourne group. They were demolished quite often last season, and they got rolled against a bunch of fill ins for Essendon who hadn't even got the chance to really gel together. Don't get me wrong, I think they have some quality players, but they're the ones we only hear about. Half of their senior list at this stage are "literally" who's. Keep hearing comparisons between them and St. Kilda...St. Kilda are so far ahead it's not even funny. You only have to look at last year's results and compare them with each other. I'm not saying St. Kilda will win a flag before Melbourne, both teams have a long way to go and a lot can change in the years to come. But at this stage to be saying both teams are on par with Melbourne is ridiculous.

There is a slight chance Melbourne could make the 8, and if they do it should be regarded as a success. At this stage I have 6 teams clearly ahead of them, and I've been generous enough to exclude Adelaide and Hawthorn from that 6. It's even debatable whether Melbourne are better than Essendon, Collingwood or Richmond right now".

Then said this after we comprehensively beat the Saints.

"The only thing getting BTFO right now is my sides after reading all the comments of delusional Melbourne supporters.
There are plenty of factors that didn't go the saints way during that game. In fact St. Kilda should have creamed them by 10 goals, but I'm sure some "objective" Melbourne supporter will pop up on here to tell me otherwise.

St. Kilda will still finish far above Melbourne this year. Expect Melbourne to get a massive Reality Check against Carlton, while the Saints go on their way to a good win out West over the eagles".

I think the Mitchell one was managed well, the Lewis one not-so. It just seems that he spat the dummy when he heard the new guys were getting bigger money than he had been receiving. For mine, he was getting flags so should have been content. We had no ability to attract JOR and JOM with the prospect of flags, as we were able to do with Lakey, so we had to pay a premium. These guys were also heading in to their prime at the top of their team's talent, not struggling to get a game like Hale of Gibbo, nor at the very end like Lake.

My problem is more with Lewis. What a shame he put money in front of being able to run out with his best mate Rough last week.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's interesting how there's been a few comments here and there about how non-melbourne followers have "never heard of half of melbourne's players". This is also how Sydney was under Paul Roos, there was always a few randoms who whenever you checked their stats they'd played 100+ games, and you thought who the hell is that guy, never noticed him until now. Our team has a lot of Roos "role players" written all over it. Which is fantastic and a good sign.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
It's interesting how there's been a few comments here and there about how non-melbourne followers have "never heard of half of melbourne's players". This is also how Sydney was under Paul Roos, there was always a few randoms who whenever you checked their stats they'd played 100+ games, and you thought who the hell is that guy, never noticed him until now. Our team has a lot of Roos "role players" written all over it. Which is fantastic and a good sign.

I'm not sure that's exactly true

Gawn, Hogan, Watts, Garlett, Tyson, Jones, Vince, Viney, Tyson, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, Mcdonald, Jetta, Hibberd, Melksham

Only unknowns really are ANB, Salem, Smith, Frost, Omac and Weid. 2 of those are top 10 picks.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm not sure that's exactly true

Gawn, Hogan, Watts, Garlett, Tyson, Jones, Vince, Viney, Tyson, Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver, Mcdonald, Jetta, Hibberd, Melksham

Only unknowns really are ANB, Salem, Smith, Frost, Omac and Weid. 2 of those are top 10 picks.

I haven't heard of half of those blokes.

Back