Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Like Rugby League tried to do with State of Origin? At least that had 'marketing' value.

They do it basically every year now, and it's highly successful for them.

The World Record crowd for a Rugby League game was 91,513 at the MCG in 2015. Only 87,122 this year in Melbourne. Over 50,000 every time it's been held at Etihad too.

Next year, they're playing one in Perth, and in 2020 they're going to Adelaide. They're even talking New Zealand in the future too. Kind of works ion a 3-game series, with one neutral venue.

The World Record crowd for a Rugby League game was 91,513 at the MCG in 2015. Only 87,122 this year in Melbourne. Over 50,000 every time it's been held at Etihad too.

Next year, they're playing one in Perth, and in 2020 they're going to Adelaide. They're even talking New Zealand in the future too. Kind of works ion a 3-game series, with one neutral venue.
Can we avoid ‘neutral venue’ discussion? You’ll attract bitter sandgropers

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

How much does an origin ticket cost? That is a hell of a lot of dole and welfare dollars ending up in the NRL's pockets.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
How much does an origin ticket cost? That is a hell of a lot of dole and welfare dollars ending up in the NRL's pockets.

I have been in the Members a couple of times at the MCG, and have paid $30 or $40 for GA tickets in the Blues supporters section at ANZ Stadium & at Docklands once

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have been in the Members a couple of times at the MCG, and have paid $30 or $40 for GA tickets in the Blues supporters section at ANZ Stadium & at Docklands once

Huh, thought they'd be dearer than that.

Seems a number of hawks fans quiet upset and unable to get over our win over them in the finals.
Link me, craving some salt

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
An Essendon supporter on when they will break their finals losing streak of 15 years

Would have won a final last year if we didn’t botch the start of the season the team was riding a wave of momentum in the last 10 or so rounds.

Apparently it would have happened last, if only they made the finals

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
An Essendon supporter on when they will break their finals losing streak of 15 years

Thats fair enough ... we would have won like all the premierships over the last 10 years if we weren't an absolute abomination of a football team for the vast majority of the time.

Without even looking that’ll be B4L

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I read it the other day, and can't be bothered finding it to quote it ...

But I was reading the Hawks board the other day curious to see how they view life without Tom Mitchell for the season, and one of the posters was absolutely steadfast in their view that they'd had fortuitously brought on the perfect replacement for Mitchell onto their list as a delisted free agent ... none other than Darren Minchington ... for those living a normal, football supporting life that sees themselves fairly well versed of opposition players, and therefore STILL never heard of him ... Minchington put in 7 very underwhelming, and admittedly injury plagued seasons at St Kilda ... as a forward, averaging 11 disposals, and under a goal a game, before being delisted from the Saints' list, which not even they'd claim is particularly flushed with talent .... but according to old mate, this guy is the answer to replacing the reigning Brownlow medalist ...

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I read it the other day, and can't be bothered finding it to quote it ...

But I was reading the Hawks board the other day curious to see how they view life without Tom Mitchell for the season, and one of the posters was absolutely steadfast in their view that they'd had fortuitously brought on the perfect replacement for Mitchell onto their list as a delisted free agent ... none other than Darren Minchington ... for those living a normal, football supporting life that sees themselves fairly well versed of opposition players, and therefore STILL never heard of him ... Minchington put in 7 very underwhelming, and admittedly injury plagued seasons at St Kilda ... as a forward, averaging 11 disposals, and under a goal a game, before being delisted from the Saints' list, which not even they'd claim is particularly flushed with talent .... but according to old mate, this guy is the answer to replacing the reigning Brownlow medalist ...
Pretty sure I read that one too.

To be fair (reluctantly) to the Hawks board, his view was met with understandable scepticism

He’d be kicking 5-6 goals a game in most other sides in the AFL. In particular Collingwood, hawthorn, Richmond and Melbourne who average 15+ more inside 50s a game. He often beats 2-3 opppnents at once inside 50 for Carlton or kicks from 50-55m our to score. This would extrapolate to bring in the Coleman conversation. In fact despite him playing inside Carlton’s forward line he’s 15th favourite for the award on sportsbet. A key forward in his 4th season at Carlton who only gets a share of 45 chances a game to score.

So to summarize a wise Carlton supporter. If Curnow played for us he would be a 110-132 goal forward

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back