Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

So to summarize a wise Carlton supporter. If Curnow played for us he would be a 110-132 goal forward

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Some campaigners are so dumb. Curnow probably gets about 50% of the entries directed at him, Carlton is also ******* terrible.

You can't have a forward kicking 6 goals every week because it means the rest of your forward line is dysfunctional

Going to put it out there...but I can see it. Not yet. He has to go be a line coach in a different system. But I can definitely see it.
I can see him being an assistant somewhere ... but I can't see anyone offering him a head coach role, it would be media suicide, and provide it's own sideshow of attention that no club would want.

Would either of you want him as an assistant at the Dees? I wouldn't.

Gold Coast on the other hand...
No, absolutely not, which probably shows why he won't be a head coach again, if fans are against him even coming on as even an Assistant .

But as you say, Gold Coast probably would take him on in some role, and weren't Freo trying to get him over last year under Ross as well?

If he had of just admitted some wrong doing no one would care about him being an assistant again. Find it hard to see him working in these modern day 'elite honesty' environments when he's still lying to himself
If they had of followed the Cronulla example and taken the 3 month ban in the off season he would still be head coach of the bombers with maybe a flag to his name as coach.

If he had of just admitted some wrong doing no one would care about him being an assistant again. Find it hard to see him working in these modern day 'elite honesty' environments when he's still lying to himself
Yeah, thats the part that makes me dislike him the most. Early days he kept talking about "One day I will tell me side of the story and my name will be clear, and you'll all see that I'm the victim," years on, he's not affiliated with the club, and hasn't had a reason not to tell this name clearing story for years now.

Looks like the whole AFL Media are joining in this Hird chorus. How boring, at least get a quote for perspective from someone who thinks he has no place coaching ever again.
Was listening to SEN today & they seemed to have very selective callers talking about the issue. Don't tell me not one Nuffie decided to ring up & call him a cheat.
Also don't understand why Sheedy would raise this now. They are are highly touted going into this season. Why not save this rubbish for when they are trying to deflect from poor performances.

FWIW I reckon we'd probably be one of the more likely clubs to hire Hird if he's coming back. Goodwin, McCartney and Jennings are the main guys and they're all Essendon men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, absolutely not, which probably shows why he won't be a head coach again, if fans are against him even coming on as even an Assistant .

But as you say, Gold Coast probably would take him on in some role, and weren't Freo trying to get him over last year under Ross as well?
I think it depends on the role. I wouldn't mind him as forward coach.

Things getting a bit hot and heavy on the Carlton board

I know I know, it's just a pre season game, don't get too over excited etc etc…

but it's there, the building blocks for this great club to return to where it once was, an absolute powerhouse are there I tell ya.

Walsh, my word, too early to say our best #1 pick already? Probably, but he has superstar written all over him.

Fish, Sammo, Gibbo, NEWMAN, Setters and future multiple brownlow winner and our skip, Crippa. Absolute monsters!

Also, Cunners is going to have a 30-40 goals season soon enough, Mark it down!

Baggers!!!!

Getting in early for our game against the Tigers. You'd get 1.01 odds you'll see some of the following on the Richmond board post game:

If Richmond lose:
'GoDees playing their Grand Final'
'Dees March premiers again'
'Looks like we still have gastro'
'Just wait till we get Castagna back'

If Richmond win:
'GoDees at the snow early'
'Imagine losing when we don't even have Castagna in'
'Dees can't beat top 8 sides'

By far the worst board on BF.

Getting in early for our game against the Tigers. You'd get 1.01 odds you'll see some of the following on the Richmond board post game:

If Richmond lose:
'GoDees playing their Grand Final'
'Dees March premiers again'
'Looks like we still have gastro'
'Just wait till we get Castagna back'

If Richmond win:
'GoDees at the snow early'
'Imagine losing when we don't even have Castagna in'
'Dees can't beat top 8 sides'

By far the worst board on BF.

1.01 they will win and it will be the latter. They have listed a much stronger side than we have.

Thread started by a Blues supporter on the main board:

The Lid is off, kid goes okay, i can see why Gold Coast were desperate to trade for him, especially as its reported he wasn't a flight risk.

This lad ain't some pampered Mummy's boy, he is the real deal.

As stupid as it sounds, part of me now is convinced we (Carlton FC) tanked all of 2019 to ensure we nabbed Walsh at pick 1 (whom now appears to be the AFL's version of Zion Williamson)

Gold Coast tried their hardest (reportedly) to trade for Walsh, he is a once in a generation talent that is fortunate to play for the Carlton Football Club (and vice versa)

Unfortunately its been locked. Granted he looks like a star in the making but how about we wait until he plays a few games before we annoint him as the greatest of all time.

Thread started by a Blues supporter on the main board:

The Lid is off, kid goes okay, i can see why Gold Coast were desperate to trade for him, especially as its reported he wasn't a flight risk.

This lad ain't some pampered Mummy's boy, he is the real deal.

As stupid as it sounds, part of me now is convinced we (Carlton FC) tanked all of 2019 to ensure we nabbed Walsh at pick 1 (whom now appears to be the AFL's version of Zion Williamson)

Gold Coast tried their hardest (reportedly) to trade for Walsh, he is a once in a generation talent that is fortunate to play for the Carlton Football Club (and vice versa)
Unfortunately its been locked. Granted he looks like a star in the making but how about we wait until he plays a few games before we annoint him as the greatest of all time.
Haha, I love it ... tanked all season to get him is my favourite.

I can’t wait for him to get 15 touches in round 1 against a Richmond side who are actually interested in tackling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back