Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

ABray10

All Australian
Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why should we have had any praise? Over 8 quarters so far, maybe take out rnd 1 1st qtr, we’ve been vomit inducingly bad.

I have already forgotten that first quarter against port. We were winning, but were we that good? I might have to rewatch that as our season highlight.

I have already forgotten that first quarter against port. We were winning, but were we that good? I might have to rewatch that as our season highlight.

Port were absolutely shocking in that quarter and we were playing the first 20 minutes under absolutely no pressure.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Main board game day thread faaaaaark me

Apparantly celebrating your first win of the season is drinking your own bathwater and accepting mediocrity
Saw that.

We also had “Viney is a faux tough guy.”

“He and Jones are overrated plodders. That is why Melbourne are going nowhere.”

“Petracca is the worst number 1 pick ever”

And the stock standard “Clayton Oliver is a diving cheat”

Also “Nathan Jones ducked to get his free kick at goal in the last.” Never mind that his head was ripped off.

That thread was a sewer, I’m sure my IQ has dropped from reading it.

DeesFanTheMan

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs, NUFC
Saw that.

We also had “Viney is a faux tough guy.”

“He and Jones are overrated plodders. That is why Melbourne are going nowhere.”

“Petracca is the worst number 1 pick ever”

And the stock standard “Clayton Oliver is a diving cheat”

Also “Nathan Jones ducked to get his free kick at goal in the last.” Never mind that his head was ripped off.

That thread was a sewer, I’m sure my IQ has dropped from reading it.
Jones did duck, it was selwood-eque, in slow mo you can see jonesy do a little jump into it to sell it before contact is even made, does that make it wrong? Hell no, heaps of players do that, bloody good on him for milking a professional free to right the ship when we needed it most.

Fritsch is close to the worst player in the AFL. Looks like he took up the game last week.
I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve quoted ‘Aints fans in this thread.

In terms of the nuffies/memberships ratio, they rank right up there.

In that same thread, a poster also implied that Melksham, Fritsch and Harmes (along with about 6-8 others) wouldn’t get a gig in their best 22. That thread is literally an audition for the Loony Bin.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
There hasn't been nearly enough traffic on the Loony Bin this season ... I think we can all agree that an improved effort in this area for the rest of the year is a must!

And on that, just doing a casual stalk of the Saints board, in their trade thread discussing getting another ruckman with Ryder and Goldstein apparently available, and someone is legitimately suggest NicNat is an option, on $800k x 4 years ....

There was even someone who was seriously opposed to that, calling $800k a year for a 33 year old who has done two knees wasting money ..... NicNat turned 29 last month ...

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
There’s some proper gold in Saints board if you search Newnes and Enright.

Couple of years ago when I said he should be traded some bloke said he’s Saints version of Enright.

I think 09/10 has left us permanently scarred.
I still can't tell the difference on sight between he and Ross, and even combined I find Rownes underwhelming.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
There’s some proper gold in Saints board if you search Newnes and Enright.

Couple of years ago when I said he should be traded some bloke said he’s Saints version of Enright.

I think 09/10 has left us permanently scarred.

That makes sense to me, but you have to mentally transpose the words "Saints' version of" with "s**t version of" like I do with all Saints brand declarations.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Something from the few board.

I’ve seen a lot of Melbourne games this year (don’t ******* know why, just whenever I sit down to watch some footy there’s usually a Melbourne game on) and that was easily the hardest they’ve tried all year and the best they’ve played. Figures they’d do it against us. And how was the celebrations? Last I checked they were one of the favourites for the flag this year and now they’re celebrating winning a dead rubber game against an interstate team, with none of their fans turning up to watch while their season is cooked and they’re in the bottom 4. Bunch of faux tough guys too.

Viney likes to act tough and the media love it. Average footballer with very little skill. Also, who else went to the game? Melbourne fans are like west coast, constantly whinging and booing, dead set morons.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Something from the few board.

I’ve seen a lot of Melbourne games this year (don’t ******* know why, just whenever I sit down to watch some footy there’s usually a Melbourne game on) and that was easily the hardest they’ve tried all year and the best they’ve played. Figures they’d do it against us. And how was the celebrations? Last I checked they were one of the favourites for the flag this year and now they’re celebrating winning a dead rubber game against an interstate team, with none of their fans turning up to watch while their season is cooked and they’re in the bottom 4. Bunch of faux tough guys too.

Viney likes to act tough and the media love it. Average footballer with very little skill. Also, who else went to the game? Melbourne fans are like west coast, constantly whinging and booing, dead set morons.
First 1 is bang on. Second 1 Viney doesnt act tough he is tough but is a limited footballer. There was no one there. No campaigner is as bad as eagle supporters

Back