Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Bulldogs version of this thread...

Conspiracy Theories

"I feel like the AFL would benefit more from Melbourne winning the GF than the Dogs. If we were supposedly favoured in 2016 for the drought breaker story, why wouldn't Melbourne be for their own drought breaker?"

About Us...

"It’s one of the saddest boards I’ve seen, especially in the week before the GF.

So weird "

Not fans of anyone who points out what an overpaid, front-running liability Treloar is...

"Genuine sad sacks. They're so threatened that they feel like they have to take the piss out of a bloke's well-publicised mental health issues to feel manly again.

I almost miss Danster. At least it was relatively endearing to hear him bang on about the umpires time and time again. Hearing Stinger and demondavey ridicule Treloar for being honest about his struggles is cancer to the eyes "

"I wish the game was in Melbourne so I could go there and headbutt some of these weak campaigners""

" Mummy and daddy can buy you a Range Rover, but they can't buy you class."

From the Bulldogs version of this thread...

Conspiracy Theories

"I feel like the AFL would benefit more from Melbourne winning the GF than the Dogs. If we were supposedly favoured in 2016 for the drought breaker story, why wouldn't Melbourne be for their own drought breaker?"

About Us...

"It’s one of the saddest boards I’ve seen, especially in the week before the GF.

So weird "

Not fans of anyone who points out what an overpaid, front-running liability Treloar is...

"Genuine sad sacks. They're so threatened that they feel like they have to take the piss out of a bloke's well-publicised mental health issues to feel manly again.

I almost miss Danster. At least it was relatively endearing to hear him bang on about the umpires time and time again. Hearing Stinger and demondavey ridicule Treloar for being honest about his struggles is cancer to the eyes "

"I wish the game was in Melbourne so I could go there and headbutt some of these weak campaigners""

" Mummy and daddy can buy you a Range Rover, but they can't buy you class."
I read that last one somewhere. Got instantly annoyed. Where is this Range Rover I’m supposed to have gifted to me? I’m disowning my family for being too poor and refusing to participate in this cliche.

Don't agree. We belted them for a quarter and a half. They scored one goal that entire time

Then we should have been 25 up and nearly out of sight. Not sure they come back from there despite the margin

They were the better team clearly for the rest of the game but they were bloody lucky and they sure as hell aren't a 12 goal better side

And the one with the least imaginative username is still going.

This is him debating against a sensible The Western supporter who had the point that The Western didn’t dominate for 1.5 quarters. That there were occasions the game was an arm wrestle where The Western took their chances, The Western had ridden some individual brilliance with many passengers, while Melbourne didn’t have the passengers etc.

I do agree on one thing, Melbourne weren’t a 12 goal better team. They were an 11 goal 8 behind better team, the dominance was far more than just 12 scoring shots. If the Demons were more lucky those 19 scoring shots could’ve all been goals, meaning a 114 point win.
Absolutely we should have won by more. I dare say if we’d kicked straight in Q1 and Q2 they would never have been able to gather any momentum at all. We kept them in the contest.

I read that last one somewhere. Got instantly annoyed. Where is this Range Rover I’m supposed to have gifted to me? I’m disowning my family for being too poor and refusing to participate in this cliche.
Yeah. The whole Toorak/snow stereotype has always grated on me a bit. I grew up low and then middle class in the northern suburbs. Where’s my ******* butler?

Absolutely we should have won by more. I dare say if we’d kicked straight in Q1 and Q2 they would never have been able to gather any momentum at all. We kept them in the contest.

Feel like we may have made up for the early inefficiency by being unable to miss the last 30 mins.

Couple of old Holden’s , cortina and a falcon . Have never owned any car that was new . Never owned any car worth more than $4000 . Most of the dogs fans will get over it , just like we had to after 2018 prelim thumping .

The Western board still maintaining The Western have a more talented group of players, and it’s a combination of tanking and back room deals with the AFL, allowing Melbourne to overspend on the soft cap for coaches and fitness staff, that led to the 74 point pantsing.

And here I was thinking it was the Toby McLean injury that if it hadn’t happened would’ve made up 75 points for the win.

I don't disagree they have more natural talent in the midfield.

But I think our 16-22 are far more consistent and our key position players are a tonne better than theirs (Naughton is a gun, but was nowhere with May/Lever near him).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of old Holden’s , cortina and a falcon . Have never owned any car that was new . Never owned any car worth more than $4000 . Most of the dogs fans will get over it , just like we had to after 2018 prelim thumping .

It's funny my partners dad is a Doggies supporter owns a land rover, loves a fine wine and probably a good cheese platter as well. By stereo type really should be a dees supporter. Conversely my dad loves what he calls green coca cola to the grand kids meaning vb of course, isn't a full on mullet wearing battler from the west but is much closer to a Doggies supporter stereo type than Melbourne. Anyway it's a dumb stereotype oh know you called me rich.

I don't disagree they have more natural talent in the midfield.

But I think our 16-22 are far more consistent and our key position players are a tonne better than theirs (Naughton is a gun, but was nowhere with May/Lever near him).
They have a very good, and very deep midfield. Maybe they could improve with a bit more variation? It feels as though they would benefit from a bullock with some burst speed to get away and go straight to the 50, so a Petracca / Dangerfield type. I think they rely heavily on one type of midfield move which is to chain the handball to the outside then use speed on the wings. Which is pretty effective though, it killed Port - but watching some of the games this year in replay makes me realise it is a somewhat conservative strategy. If they were a bit older and heavier their chipping through to penetrate defence would look a bit like Geelong under Chris Scott, which is a style I hate watching even when it is effective.

Naughton was largely ineffective which honestly surprised me. I’ve been worrying about him for weeks.

Last edited:
They have a very good, and very deep midfield. Maybe they could improve with a bit more variation? It feels as though they would benefit from a bullock with some burst speed to get away and go straight to the 50, so a Petracca / Dangerfield type. I think they rely heavily on one type of midfieled move which is to chain the handball to the outside then use speed on the wings. Which is pretty effective though, it killed Port - but watching some of the games this year in replay makes me realise it is a somewhat conservative strategy. if they were a bit older and heavier their chipping through to penetrate defence would look a bit like Geelong under Chris Scott, which is a style I hate watching even when it is effective.

Naughton was largely ineffective which honestly surprised me. I’ve been worrying about him for weeks.
I actually think longer term Naughton should return to the backline. Both JUH and Darcy as the forward pillars. Can’t play all three and English up forward, plus Keath isn’t exactly young.

I actually think longer term Naughton should return to the backline. Both JUH and Darcy as the forward pillars. Can’t play all three and English up forward, plus Keath isn’t exactly young.

Agree that if I was the Bulldogs I would be shoring up the backline as priority 1. Melbourne started that in 2017 with Lever acquisition, then doubled down with May the next off season.

Time and time again it’s proved that defensive actions, being easier to execute than offensive actions, are more reliable when the heat is on.

Punching the ball over the line vs. taking a contested mark.

Applying physical pressure and tackling vs. snapping a ball through the goals from 40 metres out.

While it’s nice to have brilliant forwards, we are in an era where 60 goals from an individual in a season is exceptional. Scoring will come if your defenders and defensive system can stop enough of the opposition’s scores, generate enough opportunities back the other way, and there’s a half decent forward system in place.

I would be putting Naughton back, looking for the Keath replacement through either a high end draft pick or trading out a mid (e.g. Hunter, Liberatore if someone will give up something good), and also trying to find a Marty Hoare type from a lower league.

Give Ugle-Hagan 2022 to get games and develop, and with Bruce injured give up on English as a ruck and play him only forward. Get a physically strong ruck or play Sweet there instead. Darcy will be too light to be effective at AFL level in 2022.

They might have to sacrifice 2022 as a development year, but their window is still quite open.

At least the Dogs players took the loss better than the Dogs board

FAeInbeVIAEHCMl

At least the Dogs players took the loss better than the Dogs board

FAeInbeVIAEHCMl
yeah I'm all for letting you hair down and what not but * me a couple of hours after you have put in one of the most insipid quarters in AFL grand final history, at least wait until the next day before partying

But then again they did celebrate the preliminary final like they had won the Grand Final

yeah I'm all for letting you hair down and what not but fu** me a couple of hours after you have put in one of the most insipid quarters in AFL grand final history, at least wait until the next day before partying

But then again they did celebrate the preliminary final like they had won the Grand Final

I have no issues with any of them partying but it doesn't make these images any less funny.

I have no issues with any of them partying but it doesn't make these images any less funny.
I can't remember the last time there were pics of the losing grand finalists partying like crazy a couple if yours after losing

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

yeah I'm all for letting you hair down and what not but fu** me a couple of hours after you have put in one of the most insipid quarters in AFL grand final history, at least wait until the next day before partying

Prelims basically are GFs for the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back