Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually reckon De Goey will go past Trac next year, but ultimately spend his peak years in a bottom side
A big call, it's possible I guess but I don't think he has the mindset Trac has and the selflessness that is needed to drag the team upwards, as opposed to starring in a mediocre team at the expense of your teammates.

DeGoey is like Colin Sylvia except he turns up a couple more times a year. For actually meeting his potential I'll believe it when I see it.

Well I didn’t rate Trac’s season that highly, but I do think De Goey will unfortunately be quite good.
All Australian, 8th AFLCA award, Norm Mith Medal, 9th in the brownlow, probably top 3-4 in the premiership team b&f and quite a few BOG's in big games

You must be a very harsh judge or you only rated 2 or 3 players seasons

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

All Australian, 8th AFLCA award, Norm Mith Medal, 9th in the brownlow, probably top 3-4 in the premiership team b&f and quite a few BOG's in big games

You must be a very harsh judge or you only rated 2 or 3 players seasons

Yeah and I’d probably rate him in the 5-10 range, not the top 2 like you suggested.

Yeah and I’d probably rate him in the 5-10 range, not the top 2 like you suggested.
The Norm Smith medal would push him into the top 3 for the year imo

So only getting into the top 2 would overtake him imo

This is the perfect game to inflict more mental scars on the Dogs. They could maybe explain the GF away as a one off freak bad day but if we smash them again, first game back of the next year, they will really be doubting themselves every time they play us.
"They don't have the psychological drive we have."

Win or lose it’s banter tbh. Richmond have lost all three of their GF replays. Ofc in 2018 and 2020 that’s because they had to play Adelaide and GWS away from the MCG, but it’s still funny if you lose a GF replay because like who gives a s**t. And if you win you just double down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Western complaining about being victims again, implying financial favouritism towards Melbourne.

“We didn't get to unfurl the flag round 1 in 2017, Eagles didn't get to in 2019. AFL are doing it now because they put a lot of money into making Melbourne competitive again and thus they suddenly gotta book a grand final rematch for round 1.”

Also this:

0A8645AB-95CB-4FD6-8A19-E7A94C9EE861.jpeg

I thought we were one of the few clubs who had a positive balance from last season without any financial help from the AFL too.

I thought we were one of the few clubs who had a positive balance from last season without any financial help from the AFL too.
There is still a distribution to all clubs, that's more of not an additional distribution

For some months now, and for no good reason, Melbourne FC promotional material has been regularly coming up on my FB newsfeed. Anyone else experience this?

I've continued to "Hide" this advertising as irrelevant, but today - when I was confronted with spruiking for a framed Melbourne premiership poster - I just went ahead and reported it as offensive content. Stuff 'em.

Seems Facebook is trolling dogs supporters

For some months now, and for no good reason, Melbourne FC promotional material has been regularly coming up on my FB newsfeed. Anyone else experience this?

I've continued to "Hide" this advertising as irrelevant, but today - when I was confronted with spruiking for a framed Melbourne premiership poster - I just went ahead and reported it as offensive content. Stuff 'em.

Seems Facebook is trolling dogs supporters

The salt levels and persecution complexes are still quite extreme with a few there.

They were happy to boast and gloat before 100-7 happened.

If situations were reversed it would probably be similar.

I do feel sorry for them. No, I don’t actually, beautiful to see.

Just like 186 is instantly recognisable for us, and 119 for Port, 100-7 will be a killer for them. Oh well.

Regarding Trac and JDG. JDG will need a huge improvement to overtake Trac. I still see Trac possibly having some improvement in him. JDG played well in back half of the season. But didn’t impact games hugely. Also hard to do that playing in a bottom side. As we saw with Trac it’s not just about getting fit. It’s about the whole mindset. Plus wasn’t JDG the fittest he has even been last year?
Could legit see JDG leaving Collingwood. Even if he peaks, I see Collingwood not contending for a number of years.

Regarding Trac and JDG. JDG will need a huge improvement to overtake Trac. I still see Trac possibly having some improvement in him. JDG played well in back half of the season. But didn’t impact games hugely. Also hard to do that playing in a bottom side. As we saw with Trac it’s not just about getting fit. It’s about the whole mindset. Plus wasn’t JDG the fittest he has even been last year?
Could legit see JDG leaving Collingwood. Even if he peaks, I see Collingwood not contending for a number of years.
JDG’s biggest problem is he keeps getting put at full forward where he’s a s**t Toby Greene. While he didn’t have the flat out impact of Trac you are right, harder to do in a s**t side.

Honestly if he went to Sydney, Brisbane or GWS he would immediately become so much more damaging. All three of those could use exactly his type of player as a midfield compliment. Port too - park him next to Wines and good luck everybody else.

JDG’s biggest problem is he keeps getting put at full forward where he’s a sh*t Toby Greene. While he didn’t have the flat out impact of Trac you are right, harder to do in a sh*t side.

Honestly if he went to Sydney, Brisbane or GWS he would immediately become so much more damaging. All three of those could use exactly his type of player as a midfield compliment. Port too - park him next to Wines and good luck everybody else.
Agreed. Might be best for him and the Pies. Provided they haven't cooked his contract too he could still get them a decent deal and would be a great pickup for those teams you mentioned (amongst others).

Agreed. Might be best for him and the Pies. Provided they haven't cooked his contract too he could still get them a decent deal and would be a great pickup for those teams you mentioned (amongst others).
He’s a FA this year fairly sure

If they finish bottom 4 they would have two top 5 picks if he leaves as a FA.
I suspect they’ll look at letting him walk. The cap issues aren’t getting any better between the Grundy contract and being stuck paying Treloar, plus it means they can load extra players around Daicos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back